New video from Lotus Thailand

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There were a few photos and teaser clips when Lotus Thailand had the Shadow Grey car a few weeks ago. Here's the video they've produced:

Edit: updated with new link:

Last edited:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There were a few photos and teaser clips when Lotus Thailand had the Shadow Grey car a few weeks ago. Here's the video they've produced:

Looks like its removed already?

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Maybe it's supposed to be held back to coincide with next week's press reviews?

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Maybe it's supposed to be held back to coincide with next week's press reviews?

I’m still not sure I understand that tag. Am I missing something obvious?

“Not just another sports car. THE other.”

Are they trying to say it’s just them and Porsche?

If yes, what I find really odd about it (Aside from the fact there are lots of other sports cars) is that they’re sort of framing themselves as #2. Like there’s Porsche, and then “the other”. That’s not really a position of strength. There can be some sex appeal in being different, or being “alternative”, but “other” isn’t a positive spin.

I’m surprised they keep going back to it, imo “For the drivers” is epic and perfect as a tag, it defines who they are and who their customer is. It’s both a mission statement and a history lesson in 3 words or less. Baffles me when they don’t use it on everything, since it’s so, so hard to create a new brand that cuts through people’s attention spans and into the collective psyche.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Now half of Thailand will be ordering Shadow Grey. Damnit, I wanted exclusivity! :ROFLMAO:

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
😄

Screenshot_20220530-085152_Chrome.jpg

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Updated in the original post

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I have pointed this out MULTIPLE times and grabbed a massive amount of photos to show this. People chalcked it up to it being a show car and being opened and closed constantly. Which I did not buy.....Ill be opening it for YEARS and if this happens after so shortly, that's garbage.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have pointed this out MULTIPLE times and grabbed a massive amount of photos to show this. People chalcked it up to it being a show car and being opened and closed constantly. Which I did not buy.....Ill be opening it for YEARS and if this happens after so shortly, that's garbage.

I think you can safely ignore this one. Deck lid height will likely be adjustable via a set of rotation bump stops. Either that or seal/trunk latch adjustment. I've seen some of the cars adjusted well and some not. Here you can see the left side is a little too high but the right side is fine.

1653924679997.png

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

If yes, what I find really odd about it (Aside from the fact there are lots of other sports cars) is that they’re sort of framing themselves as #2. Like there’s Porsche, and then “the other”. That’s not really a position of strength. There can be some sex appeal in being different, or being “alternative”, but “other” isn’t a positive spin.

I’m surprised they keep going back to it, imo “For the drivers” is epic and perfect as a tag, it defines who they are and who their customer is. It’s both a mission statement and a history lesson in 3 words or less. Baffles me when they don’t use it on everything, since it’s so, so hard to create a new brand that cuts through people’s attention spans and into the collective psyche.
You're not alone. I don't think I've met a single person on either of the two Emira forums who doesn't hate that slogan. I am also surprised Lotus hasn't just dropped it by now, and reverted back to the tried-and-true "For The Drivers". I also agree with everything else that you wrote.

Case in point, imagine the following exchange:

Person on street: "Hey, nice car!"
Emira driver: "Thanks. It's THE other sports car."
Person on street: "Uhhhhh, ok..."

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I think what they mean with that slogan is that the Emira is not just a new sports car coming out, but rather THE sportscar, like the perfect one, the prototype of a sports car, the one that you will find in a dictionary when looking up the word sports car.

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score

To throw another perspective on it... Remember this one (in the states)?

Pork: The Other White Meat

I don't see "other" as a negative framing. In this use, I see it as drawing attention that "Hey, you've tried [INSERT BRAND HERE] . Why not try the dark horse?"

Just my 2 cents. I also think "For the Drivers" is a stronger tag line, fwiw.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
To throw another perspective on it... Remember this one (in the states)?

Pork: The Other White Meat

I don't see "other" as a negative framing. In this use, I see it as drawing attention that "Hey, you've tried [INSERT BRAND HERE] . Why not try the dark horse?"

Just my 2 cents. I also think "For the Drivers" is a stronger tag line, fwiw.
Well remembered. I wonder if Lotus (or their agency) were smart enough to remember that campaign when devising the Emira campaign, which is intended to take Lotus more strongly into a global market and particularly back into the US.

Maybe I'm crediting them with way too many smarts, but reversing the old one "are you going to chicken out of buying the new Lotus - the Other - and settle for pork again?" :)

And yes #ForTheDrivers makes much more sense. But the brand slogan also seems to be "Limitless" now, and "Simplify and Add Lightness" has become "Carved by Air". It's all getting a bit confusing!

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I follow official Lotus accounts on socials. Here's my observation on some slogans:

#ForTheDrivers = Lotus brand slogan from Elise/Exige/Evora days, still used nowadays but sparingly to not at all

#Limitless = new Lotus brand slogan specifically used for the new 130s (Evija/Emira/Eletre/+)

#AeroKings = reference to new "Carved by Air" design language of the new 130s (Evija/Emira/Eletre/+)

"Not just another sports car..." = Emira-specific

As you can see, some are for specific levels (brand level vs car level). Comparing different levels is like comparing apples to oranges and usage doesn't have to be mutually exclusive, e.g., you can use a brand level slogan combined with a car level slogan.