Just joined, Brilliant car had since 28/4/2023, done 1350 miles some issue perhaps you can help.

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Picked up my Shadow grey, full black, red callipers, tourer, from the factory 28/4/2023, month after it was ready (Its was seating with the cover in the delivery area) due getting married and being in Thailand for a month. Absolutely love the car, it is real head turner and still look in the mirror to see who's looking.
A few issues, AirCon not working (lest no to noise with the windows down) ended up being a software/code upgrade, this was sorted at Central Lotus (Nottingham) what a great dealership (I would highly recommend them), they got me in within 3 days, were my other 2 dealership could not get me in for 4 to 6 weeks.

I am still having issues (could not be tested till got home) you might be able to help:
With the radio no DAB working?
Homelink not been able to set up , have done this on other cars no issue?
Some observations:
Noticed already wear of the driver leather seat bolster from my belt, modified the way I get in
Aircon and heating LED either 2 small or not bright enough
Drivers mat, not long enough under clutch, catches my heal
Anybody come up with a cover or such to rest arm over drinks holder as I seem to rest my arm on the gear stick.

These are questions and observations, but from the first test drive to driving my own I am still smiling, my wife ask why am I smiling, my answer because I am with you, true on both fronts.
Roland

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @Roland! Congrats on getting married and your new Emira!!

Glad your aircon got fixed. This has been reported by a few other members, as well as the early seat wear and radio issues. No known fix for the radio that I'm aware of. Do you have the full leather seats or Alcantara with the leather bolsters?

OP
R

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome to the forum @Roland! Congrats on getting married and your new Emira!!

Glad your aircon got fixed. This has been reported by a few other members, as well as the early seat wear and radio issues. No known fix for the radio that I'm aware of. Do you have the full leather seats or Alcantara with the leather bolsters?
Thank you for your reply and comments.
Full leather
Any thoughts on the Homelink

CAWood

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Picked up my Shadow grey, full black, red callipers, tourer, from the factory 28/4/2023, month after it was ready (Its was seating with the cover in the delivery area) due getting married and being in Thailand for a month. Absolutely love the car, it is real head turner and still look in the mirror to see who's looking.
A few issues, AirCon not working (lest no to noise with the windows down) ended up being a software/code upgrade, this was sorted at Central Lotus (Nottingham) what a great dealership (I would highly recommend them), they got me in within 3 days, were my other 2 dealership could not get me in for 4 to 6 weeks.

I am still having issues (could not be tested till got home) you might be able to help:
Some observations:
Noticed already wear of the driver leather seat bolster from my belt, modified the way I get in
Anybody come up with a cover or such to rest arm over drinks holder as I seem to rest my arm on the gear stick.

These are questions and observations, but from the first test drive to driving my own I am still smiling, my wife ask why am I smiling, my answer because I am with you, true on both fronts.
Roland
Post in thread 'Spotted: Emiras seen in the wild'
https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/spotted-emiras-seen-in-the-wild.2406/post-90595

Don’t suppose this is you?

Johnda1

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Some observations:

Roland
DAB radio - when I eventually got round to wanting to try out the DAB I couldn't find any stations - plenty of FM but no DAB. I thought I had a problem but I think you need to go into the 'radio' then select 'browse'. While in that screen, swipe your finger DOWN the screen. It should then hopefully refresh and give you a load of DAB stations. Reception isn't quite as good as my daily driver (14 plate Citroen Picasso) but when out on the open road it is fine.

Aircon - I've had no issues but I know what you mean about the LED. My aircon works fine but sometimes I do just have to press the aircon button to check it's on or off however, the central screen also displays an indication on the right hand side to confirm.

Driver's Mat - I haven't had any issues with catching it with my heal but I did buy a floor mat from my local B&M and cut it to shape and about 8" deep so my heals don't ruin the factory mats.

I don't have Homelink and I am paranoid about seat wear so I'm careful getting in and out.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with these.

Still, minor niggles for me.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
on the leather bolsters, use a leather protector like Gtechniq L1 Leather Guard, easy to apply and is keeping my Ice grey looking like new, both in terms of colour and lack of abrasion with over 1k miles done.

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
on the leather bolsters, use a leather protector like Gtechniq L1 Leather Guard, easy to apply and is keeping my Ice grey looking like new, both in terms of colour and lack of abrasion with over 1k miles done.
Have used the same, initial impressions very good and so easy to apply!

meccanisti

Reaction score
On the radio, I thought my DAB wasn't working either until I read the manual... You have to "refresh" the station list by pulling down when the tuner is set to DAB. Very confusing as all other cars I've had autotune. Took me ages to even work out how to get to the DAB tuner.

The radio is the one part of the Emira interface I've found very unintuitive.

Chris

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Some observations:

Roland
DAB - refresh station list (there’s a video posted on YT I think)

Home Link - if it’s like my Rover, and I suspect it is, you won’t be able to use the remote to program the car buttons but will have to use the “learn” button on your device motor.

OP
R

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
DAB - refresh station list (there’s a video posted on YT I think)

Home Link - if it’s like my Rover, and I suspect it is, you won’t be able to use the remote to program the car buttons but will have to use the “learn” button on your device motor.
Thanks for your thoughts, I have tried with the motor, will be trying again at the weekends was tested when in with Central Lotus Nottingham.

OP
R

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
not at all, I was just happy to see one in the flesh, especially on my own street! Picking mine up from the factory tomorrow, can’t wait
Which colour etc, your'll really enjoy the factory tour, say hello to Scott & Sam

OP
R

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Enjoy, look forward to comparing notes, keep smiling, what time is your meet at Hethel?

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Nimbus, auto, touring, lower black pack, black wheels, tan leather and alcantara wheel - I’ll be posting a few pics on here tomorrow!
How do you find the auto in the V6? Some people have said it’s sluggish but I have some doubts as that can be very subjective.