New Shmee Emira video

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
New Seen Through Glass 1000 mile road trip video also up and very positive

I do think with these production spec cars getting tested in the real world they'll be some very positive reviews

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Weird how the FE dash badge is missing. I wonder if he asked them to keep it off (and if we have that option also)...
Agreed. Someone without a social media following should make the same request and see.

Clam

Reaction score
New Seen Through Glass 1000 mile road trip video also up and very positive

I do think with these production spec cars getting tested in the real world they'll be some very positive reviews
Friend forwarded me the Seen Through Glass review. He's one of my favorite car reviewers on YouTube and I'm glad he enjoyed the car.

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I noticed a lot of D riding and a lot of hating for Schmee. He's successful because life isn't fair, he got a head start but that's just the way it is. While the level of hate people have for him stems from his success and annoyances. People really over analyze things too much, at least he's not a scammer like the paul brothers. Personally I only watch Schmee because of the lack of Emira content, otherwise I give him a pass on most of his reviews.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Weird how the FE dash badge is missing. I wonder if he asked them to keep it off (and if we have that option also)...
My FE badge was on the dash when i collected the car. I was not made aware that it was an option. Though, i quite like it.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
New Shmee150 Emira video update today. Nice long and detailed review to-date on his Emira.

Shmee150 Emira Update Video

Interesting. Good to see the bonnet open (you can see the grime under the "wings" already). And I'm disappointed to hear the hill start doesn't work properly.

I had to laugh at his poor palm on the gearshift... a little too soft?

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Obviously this bloke doesn’t know much. It took him 11.5 minutes to even mention the cup holders. Geez…

#ForTheExperts
He’s so annoying and it’s an informercial for Lotus. Over the top fake, tuned out after 10mins… Please make the cheese 🧀 fest stop… Lotus are desperate for any media and it’s the wrong approach in my opinion…. It looks wanting at any cost…

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For those that haven't been stalking this forum like a hawk over the past year and a half, I would think that this video is quite informative. Certainly this is the first time that the bonnet opening process has been captured on video so bonus points to Shmee for having a go at that.

I do wish Lotus found some way to incorporate a bonnet release latch though, as I can envisage myself opening it up after every car wash and cleaning/drying it all inside.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I do wish Lotus found some way to incorporate a bonnet release latch though, as I can envisage myself opening it up after every car wash and cleaning/drying it all inside.

Same here. I always wipe down the door jambs and under the trunk/hood/fuel door with every wash. I suppose opening the bonnet now will only add ~10 more minutes to the process, so not too bad. According to Schmee's video the most annoying part might be standing water in the drainage paths.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Same here. I always wipe down the door jambs and under the trunk/hood/fuel door with every wash. I suppose opening the bonnet now will only add ~10 more minutes to the process, so not too bad. According to Schmee's video the most annoying part might be standing water in the drainage paths.
For my current cars I use a handheld blower to push the majority of remaining water out of all the nooks and crannies (including brakes) after every car wash.

kbhoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Interesting. Good to see the bonnet open (you can see the grime under the "wings" already). And I'm disappointed to hear the hill start doesn't work properly.

I had to laugh at his poor palm on the gearshift... a little too soft?
Several owners have mentioned this. Get the sand paper out.

Gizmo750

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So we have yet another example of a reviewer / owner being very disappointed / critical of the "premium" KEF sound system. As this is KEF's first foray into car audio and a big deal was made about it as a premium product, I wonder if they can hear the reaction of customers and at what point the embarrassment prompts some action from them?

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
So we have yet another example of a reviewer / owner being very disappointed / critical of the "premium" KEF sound system. As this is KEF's first foray into car audio and a big deal was made about it as a premium product, I wonder if they can hear the reaction of customers and at what point the embarrassment prompts some action from them?
And yet they upped the output from 340w to 560w which sounds like enough power but clearly isnt.

kbhoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Agreed - KEF need to jump onto this to prevent reputational damage - I was researching some of KEF speakers for home, thinking they may be good, but I will wait to see and listen to the Emira sound system myself before progressing further. If I recall correctly - there was huge cost increase to purchasing the premium KEF system for the Lotus (included in FE). Best stick with the standard system and go after market.

Ryder

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Unbelievable that you are complaining about a sound system you have not heard. Oh, do you plan sitting in this super car to listen to the radio ? I plan to drive and enjoy the music from the engine.