New Config Live!

new-emira-config.png

New Config is Live!!

Last edited by a moderator:

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Erm.... other than the seats.... I dont remember any thing else wrong..... seeing real cars and chassis.... it made me want one even more....... all top quality parts .... springs, damper, brakes.... new tech used to put the chassis together :)

If they go get a bunch of chips to put it together.... then be worried :oops:

The only worry I have is when will i get my car...... :)
I'm pretty sure I've read threads in here that have highlighted the start switch cover, the dash buttons, the infotainment system, the steering wheel AND the wheels were all non production. Also seat height and car ride height. So for me there would be a strong chance of seeing that stuff and being disappointed. Therefore cancelling my deposit like my friend did. It's only thanks to this forum, following the shows that I've realised that there was a lot of pre production elements. The seats being the biggest IMO.
So fortuitously I am still awaiting my Emira!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yep. I'm sure you're right. I'm not sure it's Alcantara as standard after the FE's though
It’s black Alcantara headlining in the V6 FE specification document - page 2 right hand side under Design Pack:

After that we don't know yet but should find out in March when i4 FE and Base/options details are published. Given it's showing under a Pack in the V6 FE we could assume there will be a non-Pack version and black as at least one option.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I've read threads in here that have highlighted the start switch cover, the dash buttons, the infotainment system, the steering wheel AND the wheels were all non production. Also seat height and car ride height. So for me there would be a strong chance of seeing that stuff and being disappointed. Therefore cancelling my deposit like my friend did. It's only thanks to this forum, following the shows that I've realised that there was a lot of pre production elements. The seats being the biggest IMO.
Hang in there, it always pays to stay the course!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Has any thing been mentioned about the headliner in the car? I like a lighter coloured headliner as the interior feels lighter and less claustrophobic to me.
It's black Alcantara. Some promo shots show contrast stitching on the visors, but I'm not sure if that'll make it to the production models.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The whole show car is pre-production. Lots of parts are hand made, 3D printed, mock ups, prototypes etc. But they were all intended to be a good representation of production intent, apart from a small number of items that have been highlighted as not being what was intended for production.

As an example, the diamond cut wheels on the blue show car are not production wheels but Lotus have confirmed the production ones will look identical.

Key items that do not represent production intent have already been flagged, particularly seat bolstering/materials, seat height and ride height.