Nürburgring Lap record?

JP__FOX

Reaction score
This is very much a tongue in cheek title but having not seen a faster lap and knowing it'll soon be beaten, I'm enjoying it whilst I can 🤣

Had a great track day at the Nürburgring on Saturday, would definitely recommend a track day over the tourist sessions!

188A6902.jpg

188A5984.jpg

Got a few great pictures, some fly by footage on the straight (where it hit 160mph) and the on-board video too 😁

Nurburgring flyby of the Emira and M2, full on board lap to follow on YouTube 😁

The car was amazing, as is the track! 😁

Foxy87

Reaction score
If I ever buy an Emira, I will challenge your BTG time ;)

8:06 to beat with a Passenger… and Cup2?

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Really enjoyed watching that, could relate to that so much as did 5 laps in May and knew the car is way more accomplished than I am.

OP
J

JP__FOX

Reaction score
If I ever buy an Emira, I will challenge your BTG time ;)

8:06 to beat with a Passenger… and Cup2?
Haha yeah, but you need to make sure the passenger is over 100kg 🤣

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That looks like an epic 8 minutes of fun. It is also quite a respectable time with having to pass other cars and with the added passenger weight. I'd bet it could hit well under 8 minutes without those factors which puts it up there in some fairly elite company in terms of Nurburgring records!

OP
J

JP__FOX

Reaction score
It took me 26 seconds to get from Gantry to Bridge so you can add that to the BTG time for a full lap but get ready for the driver excuses...

With a heavy passenger and a few cars slowing me down, I'm pretty sure I could cut at least 20 seconds off my time so I'd expect a professional driver to easily beat 7:59 for a full lap in the Emira!

Foxy87

Reaction score
Nice, really hope they test the Emira.

how do you know it took you 26sec from gabntry to bridge? You stated it was Touristenfahrten and not a trackday, so there is no driving through AFAIK.

OP
J

JP__FOX

Reaction score
You're correct that there's no driving through (without stopping) on TF but it was on a track day. I can see from my video footage that it was about 26 seconds from Gantry to Bridge 👍

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
You're correct that there's no driving through (without stopping) on TF but it was on a track day. I can see from my video footage that it was about 26 seconds from Gantry to Bridge 👍

Please decline if you would rather not answer this. Can you state what other cars you have had on the Nürburgring and compare it to the Emira?

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
No mate this is just BTG (bridge to gate/gantry), not the full Lap. Add another 30 to 40 seconds for the full Lap.

I expect the Emira to be just shy under 8min for the full Lap in the SportAuto Supertest. The Evora 400 did it in 7:59. Check it out here: https://kumschick.ch/files/Files/Dokumente/Presse/Lotus_Evora_400_Testbericht_in_Sport_Auto_2016.pdf
If lotus are to be believed the Emira should be a chunk faster than the Evora 400 round there. I suspect it would be.

OP
J

JP__FOX

Reaction score
Please decline if you would rather not answer this. Can you state what other cars you have had on the Nürburgring and compare it to the Emira?
My first ever lap was in a diesel Citroen Xantia estate with 4 people and all of our luggage as part of a university karting trip so the Emira was a lot quicker than that!

I've driven a few things there over the years and I've had a series of renaultsports that have been great there. The megane 250 cup (modified) and the Emira both instill confidence through the balance of the car enabling you to feel comfortable driving that little bit faster.

The Emira replaced an M4 and that felt like a boat on track in comparison. Although lap times weren't much different because of the M4 power, where the M4 crashes over bumps and and wallows in corners, the Emira deals with the bumps a lot better and feels so much better to turn in!

I thought the steering on my MX5 NC was sharp but when I go from the Emira, even the MX5 feels a bit soft! Although they're very different speeds, the MX5 is a lot more playful on track where the Emira is firmly planted.

I've also driven a few other things on track including M2, M3's, Boxster, Caterham and an array of hot hatches. I may be able to drive a friends 718 Cayman S on track this weekend so that's probably the most relevant comparison.

Rupes

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Very cool, thanks for sharing. Is yours a touring or sport set up? Any comment based on your set up of choice on the track?

OP
J

JP__FOX

Reaction score
Very cool, thanks for sharing. Is yours a touring or sport set up? Any comment based on your set up of choice on the track?
Thanks, it's the sports set up and I'm very pleased with it. I don't daily drive the car but I think its a good balance for road and track, it's compliant enough on the road and works well on track.