• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The ACTUAL Emira I4 sound from Goodwood

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Eh.. Sounds mostly like induction noises to me, which might be a good thing in the i4. Not much beats the V6 scream above 4500rpms! I am a sucker for a good turbo spool though. It almost sounds like there's a blowoff valve being used too... 🤔

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Cant even hear it, sounds electric.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just a thought. I wonder if it was in track mode????
Difference in sound inside is quite different - can’t comment about externally as I have never heard one drive by!!!!
It also sounded like it was short shifting which it will do in tour with hardly any pedal. V6 in tour will sit in 5th at 35mph.....
Didn't sound like it was screaming at all...
I wouldn't judge it by this demo/video just like my test drive. It left me cold. Would have been loads better not having a test drive due to the location route and weather.