Actual 0-60 Times?

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Now that there are customer cars out in the wild and past the running-in mileage, has anyone come close to the claimed 4.3s 0-60 time? Anyone under 5s?

(yes I understand the “that’s not what this car is for, get a Tesla” arguments, I’m just wondering how optimistic Lotus’s published spec was)

OP
dgrace

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1677257372670.png

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The 4.3 are probably reachable, but due to the manual gearbox you have to really abuse the car to make it happen. It’s really not worth it in my opinion, just for a better time that won’t feel any faster anyways, because you only reduce the time that you spend without accelerating, not the actual acceleration in gear itself.

OP
dgrace

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The 4.3 are probably reachable, but due to the manual gearbox you have to really abuse the car to make it happen. It’s really not worth it in my opinion, just for a better time that won’t feel any faster anyways, because you only reduce the time that you spend without accelerating, not the actual acceleration in gear itself.
Ok, imagine it's a rental. :p

Or another option, has anyone done a 0-60 run on video, and we could subtract out the shift times to see how close to the "ideal time" the actual car is?

(Edit: I'm assuming you can get to 60 in 2nd or maybe 3rd so we're really only talking about 1-2 shifts here)

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I dunno, If launching a 400 hp sports car is abusing it, then they should build it a bit better lol.
Then do it a few times with your car until you perfected the launch and the no lift power shift to second gear and show us your times 👍🏻 great that we found somebody who doesn't seem to be hesitant to try to reach the best possible times.

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Then do it a few times with your car until you perfected the launch and the no lift power shift to second gear and show us your times 👍🏻 great that we found somebody who doesn't seem to be hesitant to try to reach the best possible times.
ohhhh, if only they actually would have built them in a timely manner... then I would!

I certainly beat the shit out of my cars with no hesitation. I chase lap times and the heat/stress/wear from doing that is far worse than an aggressive launch to 60 at the 400hp power level could ever be.

If the car can't handle that, then I'm even happier I pulled my deposit lol.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
ohhhh, if only they actually would have built them in a timely manner... then I would!

I certainly beat the shit out of my cars with no hesitation. I chase lap times and the heat/stress/wear from doing that is far worse than an aggressive launch to 60 at the 400hp power level could ever be.

If the car can't handle that, then I'm even happier I pulled my deposit lol.
Oh, there we go :) seems as if we will never get to find out...
Honestly, of course the car can handle it, but it is just plain stupid to do it. Why should I power shift to get a better number on a stop watch and increase the wear a whole order of magnitude? Yet it won't feel any faster or pull any harder than with a normal shift. And even if I do all that, the Aisin slush box V6 Emira will still beat me each and every time without any stress at all.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I dunno, If launching a 400 hp sports car is abusing it, then they should build it a bit better lol.

Yeah, I dropped the clutch at 6k rpms in my Subaru STi dozens of times over 6 years of ownership with no issues. If a $100k Lotus with their fancy ACT clutch and flywheel can't handle a simple 0-60 manual launch, then we've all got a lot to worry about.

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Oh, there we go :) seems as if we will never get to find out...
Honestly, of course the car can handle it, but it is just plain stupid to do it. Why should I power shift to get a better number on a stop watch and increase the wear a whole order of magnitude? Yet it won't feel any faster or pull any harder than with a normal shift. And even if I do all that, the Aisin slush box V6 Emira will still beat me each and every time without any stress at all.
IF you were right, that "it's just plain stupid"... well then I guess the fact that every single performance car mfg publishes these numbers as marketing AND they generally get tested by owners and media is all for naught.

You can enjoy your car however you wish, but the issue here is that Lotus made a claim that so far has not been substantiated to my knowledge. They even tried to prevent reviewers from timing it in the past. They are good at creating distrust, so it will be interesting to see what real world numbers are for this car.

Maybe if they'd build an automatic car that could be tested too.... oh maybe "soon".

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
IF you were right, that "it's just plain stupid"... well then I guess the fact that every single performance car mfg publishes these numbers as marketing AND they generally get tested by owners and media is all for naught.

You can enjoy your car however you wish, but the issue here is that Lotus made a claim that so far has not been substantiated to my knowledge. They even tried to prevent reviewers from timing it in the past. They are good at creating distrust, so it will be interesting to see what real world numbers are for this car.

Maybe if they'd build an automatic car that could be tested too.... oh maybe "soon".
Of course 0-60 is just marketing 😂 what else should it be? I never needed it in my whole live, and I did it for fun about 3 times. I don't even know a place where you could reasonably make use of it.
It's also not a new thing that close to no manual car is capable of reaching the manufacturer claims.

OP
dgrace

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As it happens, I've got a freeway nearby with a 60mph limit and metering lights at the onramp. So for those times that both lanes go green at the same time, 0-60 becomes a very useful real-world metric! If I lose to an SUV it's going to be humbling, regardless of how much my clutch will thank me.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As it happens, I've got a freeway nearby with a 60mph limit and metering lights at the onramp. So for those times that both lanes go green at the same time, 0-60 becomes a very useful real-world metric! If I lose to an SUV it's going to be humbling, regardless of how much my clutch will thank me.
If the SUV has more than 400hp, then you will lose no matter how hard you abuse the car. SUVs with that much power always have awd and a dual clutch or automatic. BTW in Germany, our police calls that illegal street racing and you go to jail for five years if you do that ;)

Edit: Sorry, it's up to ten years of jail if you took it a bit too far.

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If the SUV has more than 400hp, then you will lose no matter how hard you abuse the car. SUVs with that much power always have awd and a dual clutch or automatic. BTW in Germany, our police calls that illegal street racing and you go to jail for five years if you do that ;)

Welp.

I'd like you to help me understand why this 420 hp suv is only a 6 second 0-60 then.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welp.

I'd like you to help me understand why this 420 hp suv is only a 6 second 0-60 then.

Well that's not the European understanding of SUV. I wouldn't even call it a car anymore. A Macan GTS does it in around 4 seconds with launch control and 440hp

OP
dgrace

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Edit: Sorry, it's up to ten years of jail if you took it a bit too far.
Hey I get it, it's not something you want to do with your car. No problem. I believe I covered that in the initial post. Would love to hear from any real-world owners who have actually tested the acceleration of the finished product.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hey I get it, it's not something you want to do with your car. No problem. I believe I covered that in the initial post. Would love to hear from any real-world owners who have actually tested the acceleration of the finished product.
Hopefully you will enlighten us with some real world times once you got your car in one or two or ... years 👍🏻 I'm also interested in the numbers.

schorsch

Reaction score
I will test this with my GPS gear once the car is run in. Will take me another month or so.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
When I finally get my V6 Auto in April, once run in I will do a few runs with the RaceBox GPS timing gadget, I have a perfect quiet sliproad near where I live, that leads straight onto a dual carriageway, so plenty of opportunity