• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Actual 0-60 Times?

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Estimate vs Actual....

Emira V6 (Hagerty)
0-60: 4.1s
1/4 mile: 12.6s @ 111 mph
The i4 does the 0-60 in 3.7. Actually 60.45 in 3.7

IMG_0552.png

EyeFour Eemeerah!

Emira Fan
Reaction score
  • A 3% change in weight is adding a fat suit?
  • That's the equivalent of going from 190 lbs to 195.7 lbs. All that takes is a big meal.
  • Not to mention that fat suit got you more room and features which are optional.
  • Youtubers were probably referring to the added refinement, sound deading and the softness of the tour / sport suspension, which will get stiffer in hotter variants with more Carbon fiber and less features to save weight
“Youtubers were probably referring to the added REFINEMENT”. That is one hell of a precious statement!!

Jdmc21

Reaction score
This is a China I4 with 405hp, not the 360hp one now, We'll probably see this config on the Final Edition I4 sometime before 2028.
It’s going to be really hard to not tune it before the warranty is up. That acceleration is plenty for me. We all know that this was never meant to be the quickest car and that’s not the point, but for $100k I didn’t want it be a slow outlier.

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It’s going to be really hard to not tune it before the warranty is up. That acceleration is plenty for me. We all know that this was never meant to be the quickest car and that’s not the point, but for $100k I didn’t want it be a slow outlier.

Toyota is closing out ICE Camry production after 2024 model year so the V6 may not be long for this world. Which would force Lotus to close down V6 production and increase the hp output on the I4.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Toyota is closing out ICE Camry production after 2024 model year so the V6 may not be long for this world. Which would force Lotus to close down V6 production and increase the hp output on the I4.
The Toyota 2GR-FE is not exclusive to the Camry. Also, Toyota builds engines for vehicles in many different markets, many of which are not encumbered by the same emissions regulations as Europe and the United States. There's no reason to assume the end of a particular engine's production just because a particular US-market car model ceases using it.

Dirk Wainer

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My feeling is that the manual V6 feels like a 4.5-second car. The i4 (in China-I live in Shanghai) has the same power, more torque, more gears, faster gears, launch control, and is lighter. It feels like a 3.9-second car. The manual gearbox is clunky, which makes it slower.
Specs for the Chinese Emiras are here. https://www.lotuscars.com.cn/carconfig

Last edited:

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The Toyota 2GR-FE is not exclusive to the Camry. Also, Toyota builds engines for vehicles in many different markets, many of which are not encumbered by the same emissions regulations as Europe and the United States. There's no reason to assume the end of a particular engine's production just because a particular US-market car model ceases using it.
Toyota is phasing out all large V6 and replacing them with lower displacement I4 hybrids or V6 turbo. the 3rd world volume does not come anywhere near the volume for Europe and the U.S.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Toyota is phasing out all large V6 and replacing them with lower displacement I4 hybrids or V6 turbo. the 3rd world volume does not come anywhere near the volume for Europe and the U.S.
The "third world"? What are you, posting using a time machine? Calling in from 1998?

On topic... you have no clue what Toyota has agreed to contractually with its B2B customers. If a corporate customer wants a specific engine and is willing to buy them in batches that are sufficient to do the production run, then Toyota will build it. It has NOTHING to do with Toyota's mix of engines for its own car production.

Major auto manufacturers routinely build engines for small batch orders for all sorts of purposes, including for industrial equipment. There shouldn't be a barrier to getting engines. I mean Toyota is literally still building "new" Land Cruiser engines in the original design from the 1980s for customers that build new-stock J70 safari trucks all over the globe.

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The "third world"? What are you, posting using a time machine? Calling in from 1998?

On topic... you have no clue what Toyota has agreed to contractually with its B2B customers. If a corporate customer wants a specific engine and is willing to buy them in batches that are sufficient to do the production run, then Toyota will build it. It has NOTHING to do with Toyota's mix of engines for its own car production.

Major auto manufacturers routinely build engines for small batch orders for all sorts of purposes, including for industrial equipment. There shouldn't be a barrier to getting engines. I mean Toyota is literally still building "new" Land Cruiser engines in the original design from the 1980s for customers that build new-stock J70 safari trucks all over the globe.

They might continue the production line if it's still used in some of their own model or if there's a large enough market for them but all signs points to Toyota phasing out V6 on all the model line by 2025. They're probably contractually bound to give end user a certain amount of advance notice so they can plan their own changeover schedule or stock up but I'll guarantee you that Emira V6 production will cease some time ahead of 2028. Geely is not really going to care as Chinese (and some Asian) importation law makes the Emira V6 costing 25-30% more than the I4 so very few V6 are sold in the CHina /Asia market.