Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira V6
0-60: 4.2s
5-60: 4.6s
0-100: 10.2s
1/4 mile: 12.7s @ 110 mph

The fairly well known quantities are the weight, power and acceleration numbers of the Evora S / Evora GT / Evora 400. There is little spread in-between those models including the Emira in acceleration. Despite a 3-4% percentage spread in weight and a 15% spread in power in between the 4 models, they all accelerate similarly and generate similar skidpad numbers.
So what you're really saying is that you don't believe Lotus.....as they stated that the Emira was a 'ground up' build, and not based on the Evora...and so a whole new platform....and so any comparisons should be irrelevant.....Right?

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So what you're really saying is that you don't believe Lotus.....as they stated that the Emira was a 'ground up' build, and not based on the Evora...and so a whole new platform....and so any comparisons should be irrelevant.....Right?

They both have similar weight, powertrains, body construction... Is it really that hard to comprehend that their acceleration would be similar, especially after lotus already stated it was? Lol!!

Do you really think that Lotus would put out an unachieveable 0-60 time? Try to be reasonable please. Just understand that 0-60 will may include 1 foot rollout in perfect conditions, just like it does like with many other manufacturers, except the ones that prefer to underate.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
A £50k car will match Emira 0-60 I would say better it as in live tests has achieved much better than quoted manufacture of 4.3secs
Ok, so go purchase one of those. Why slum about with the foolish folks who will shell out double the price for a measly 4.2 in an automatic.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
There were some changes to the chassis etc… but there is every reason to believe that, as one YouTuber stated, “the Emira is an Evora in a fat suit”.

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There were some changes to the chassis etc… but there is every reason to believe that, as one YouTuber stated, “the Emira is an Evora in a fat suit”.
Yep, I totally agree with JayEmm's You Tube video.....but Lotus say it's not

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
  • A 3% change in weight is adding a fat suit?
  • That's the equivalent of going from 190 lbs to 195.7 lbs. All that takes is a big meal.
  • Not to mention that fat suit got you more room and features which are optional.
  • Youtubers were probably referring to the added refinement, sound deading and the softness of the tour / sport suspension, which will get stiffer in hotter variants with more Carbon fiber and less features to save weight

Last edited:

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
  • A 3% change in weight is adding a fat suit?
  • That's the equivalent of going from 190 lbs to 195.7 lbs. All that takes is a big meal.
  • Not to mention that fat suit got you more room and features which are optional.
  • Youtubers were probably referring to the added refinement, sound deading and the softness of the tour / sport suspension, which will get stiffer in hotter variants with more Carbon fiber and less features to save weight
i was referring to Jayemm. His review is pinned to the home page.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
⬆️ This!

I'm pretty sure the point of the thread was to establish the authenticity of Lotus' claimed 0-60 figure, not to debate it's relevance
Correct. And if the report from the “German Magazine” could be linked to the thread, I think we have our answer. +.3s in the manual which should equal as advertised with an automatic. I feel good about that.

krist

Reaction score
Correct. And if the report from the “German Magazine” could be linked to the thread, I think we have our answer. +.3s in the manual which should equal as advertised with an automatic. I feel good about that.
it turns out the whole report is already in the forum: https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/emira-review-index-7th-june-2022.1442/post-71783
I wonder about one thing, the automatic will be a 6 speed torque converter (manufactured by?) Why do you think it will be faster? It could be the case with a twin clutch, but would a standard auto be actually faster?

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
German magazine records 0-100kmh in 4.6s which translates to 4.3-4.4s 0-60 as tested. Which lines up perfectly with Lotus estimates, as well car and drivers. Looks like everyone has an actual time now that confirms lotus claims. The end!! Crisis averted.

Also of interest, Lotus claims the same 0-60 times for the Evora GT automatic and manual. So the difference in performance between the 6spd auto and 6spd man Emira will be minimal (within 0.1sec). Even the incredible ZF 8 speed auto in the supra is only 0.2 sec faster than the manual equipped supra. At this power level, autos aren't yet running away from the manuals.

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Emira V6
0-60: 4.2s
5-60: 4.6s
0-100: 10.2s
1/4 mile: 12.7s @ 110 mph

The fairly well known quantities are the weight, power and acceleration numbers of the Evora S / Evora GT / Evora 400. There is little spread in-between those models including the Emira in acceleration. Despite a 3-4% percentage spread in weight and a 15% spread in power in between the 4 models, they all accelerate similarly and generate similar skidpad numbers.
The real world test we should be doing is 30-70 on the flat - much better than 0-60 and no risk of damage to the car. Interested to see what all owners can achieve.

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Also of interest, Lotus claims the same 0-60 times for the Evora GT automatic and manual.
That's, not correct..........Evora GT 410 Sport........Automatic is 0,1 sec faster than Manual........

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
PERFORMANCE EVORA GT410 (Manual) EVORA GT410 (Automatic)
Max power 410 hp at 7000 rpm (416 PS) (306 kW) 410 hp at 7000 rpm (416 PS) (306 kW)
Max torque 302 lb ft at 3500 rpm (420 Nm) 302 lb ft at 3500 rpm (420 Nm)
0-60 mph 4.0 seconds 3.9 seconds
0-100 km/h 4.2 seconds 4.1 seconds

Lotus_Evora_GT410_Sport_4PP_Brochure

Last edited:

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That, not correct..........Evora GT 410 Sport........Automatic is 0,1 sec faster than Manual........

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
PERFORMANCE EVORA GT410 (Manual) EVORA GT410 (Automatic)
Max power 410 hp at 7000 rpm (416 PS) (306 kW) 410 hp at 7000 rpm (416 PS) (306 kW)
Max torque 302 lb ft at 3500 rpm (420 Nm) 302 lb ft at 3500 rpm (420 Nm)
0-60 mph 4.0 seconds 3.9 seconds
0-100 km/h 4.2 seconds 4.1 seconds

Lotus_Evora_GT410_Sport_4PP_Brochure
Should really be able to feel that 0.1 sec 👍🏼🤣

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It’s not a quick car, but sounds like people who have them now are enjoying the overall experience, which is what counts…
I have a new M3 Comp X-drive as my daily, for pure speed it’s off the scale (3 secs 0-60), but it’s a heavy car so a very different experience on b-roads…

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Should really be able to feel that 0.1 sec 👍🏼🤣
At these speeds (approx 4 sec), it usually takes a further couple of seconds to even notice I've wet myself laughing...

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Should really be able to feel that 0.1 sec
It’s not a quick car, but sounds like people who have them now are enjoying the overall experience, which is what counts…
I have a new M3 Comp X-drive as my daily, for pure speed it’s off the scale (3 secs 0-60), but it’s a heavy car so a very different experience on b-roads…
3 seconds vs 4.1. Rolling a bit and saying “hey, watch this” to your passenger is pretty much the same experience. That 1 second is not the difference between snapping you forward like Wile E. Coyote and driving Ms. Daisy.