My Emira exhaust noises in Track

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
On my test drive I noticed I couldn't hear the exhaust very much at all (mostly the supercharger whine as Magicman noted) but once I rolled down the windows it was a totally different experience. I almost wish there wasn't so much sound dampening in the cabin because I'm a huge fan of exhaust noise when it sounds this good. I guess I'll just be rolling around with the windows down most of the time. That's what I tend to do in my current ride anyways.

That track mode exhaust sounds fantastic. I highly doubt I'll mess with it unless the +15-20HP numbers are actually true which might make it more worth it.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
On my test drive I noticed I couldn't hear the exhaust very much at all (mostly the supercharger whine as Magicman noted) but once I rolled down the windows it was a totally different experience. I almost wish there wasn't so much sound dampening in the cabin because I'm a huge fan of exhaust noise when it sounds this good. I guess I'll just be rolling around with the windows down most of the time. That's what I tend to do in my current ride anyways.

That track mode exhaust sounds fantastic. I highly doubt I'll mess with it unless the +15-20HP numbers are actually true which might make it more worth it.
Good news is that the buffeting is very low with the windows down

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I have not noticed a difference in idling or revving sound between sport and track, but the V6 auto holds the gear a lot longer in track, which adds more drama and burbles on the down shift

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The exhaust noise level may become different in various Lotus Emira markets around the world due to the slightly different homologation requirements for each market. I have reason to believe that the UK market is rather lenient. I have heard a UK registered and homologated Emira V6 Manual FE (that has stayed in Japan for over half a year on a loan from Lotus UK as a temporary display-car, and it is not legal to drive it on the street/road here). The genuinely homologated Japan Edition cars are still in the process of getting certified, and possibly won’t hit the Japanese streets/roads until May. I am curious to check their “loudness” as compared to the UK exhibition car.