Magma Red Emira with TRACK MODE exhaust sound

ESPREE

Reaction score
Just a quickie video from our test drive:

I'm a former Lotus Esprit V8 Twin Turbo owner, so I've been thinking of getting back into a Lotus for a while now. Initial thoughts are very positive! A very engaging car to drive, solid build quality, and of course just beautiful. Red isn't usually my color, but this one still looked amazing. I'm thinking Atlantis or Meridian blue.

A key detail for me that most people don't even think about... the left armrest is in the perfect position for resting your arm while driving. My '81 DeLorean had this too - you can just chill and drive for very long periods comfortably. Also, I love that the front end (bumper + hood) has factory PPF, which will save some $ on the wrap.

Cheers!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wait, Emira's have factory fitted PPF? I thought I read no PPF?
There’s only a little bit of PPF installed in critical areas. Front bumper and bonnet and fenders are not factory covered.

danmessy

Reaction score
There’s only a little bit of PPF installed in critical areas. Front bumper and bonnet and fenders are not factory covered.
Thank you, are you able to direct me to a link/ info on the areas which come with PPF. I thought it was a total nil

Thanks!

OP
ESPREE

ESPREE

Reaction score
I’m not sure if it’s only on demo models, but the one in the video definitely had some on the front bumper, hood, and front fenders. It didn’t have “wrapped edges” and probably isn’t self-healing XPEL Ultimate or anything, but it was definitely there and useful. This demo car had 6,000+ miles and I only saw one tiny blemish in the front bumper.

Attachments

• IMG_0348.jpeg
    IMG_0348.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0347.jpeg
    IMG_0347.jpeg
    309 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0349.jpeg
    IMG_0349.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0350.jpeg
    IMG_0350.jpeg
    287.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m not sure if it’s only on demo models, but the one in the video definite had some on the front bumper, hood, and front fenders. It didn’t have “wrapped edges” and probably isn’t self-healing XPEL Ultimate or anything, but it was definitely there and useful. This demo car had 6,000+ miles and I only saw one tiny blemish in the front bumper.
I would suggest that was dealer fitted.

OP
ESPREE

ESPREE

Reaction score
I would suggest that was dealer fitted.
It’s possible. That was one of the things I was most excited to see, so it would be a bummer if it was an add-on. Having factory PPF on the front end would make buying a used one more of a possibility for me. I can’t stand stone chips! :)

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thank you, are you able to direct me to a link/ info on the areas which come with PPF. I thought it was a total nil

Thanks!
See my post here: