My Emira | 1 year and 5400 miles update and thoughts on my first service

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Not been here for a while. I hope you are all well and are either enjoying your own Emira or shaking in excitement with one on the horizon!

I remain a stunned fan of the Emira. It has actually, simply, gotten better and better over each passing month.
I feel like I am in a special club, party to a secret, as an Emira owner. I still honestly believe Lotus got it bang on right, yes, even the power.
The is so perfect for the roads and a beast on track.

Nothing has gone wrong with mine and it is just one smile after another.
The only elements of non-perfection is that the car gets filthy down the sides easily and the stereo starts as soon as you unlock the car. :D Yes, hardly a real concern.

The car remains super rare over here. I have only seen one other Emira in 3 months, on the road, and I live in an affluent area.

Knowing what I know, feeling what I feel, I cannot believe people are not falling over themselves trying to buy this car (there are plenty for sale used in the UK).

The attention is amazing. Most people still have no idea what it is, just that it looks like a supercar, and then some.
Women stop and stare, kids point and men creak their necks. Nearly all look at the badge - though it is clear what the car is from the plate. :giggle:
My mad Larini exhaust system helps in that regards and has made the car faster.

I will share these thoughts across the other forums. If you want to watch the update video then it is here.
As always, am happy to answer any questions about the car.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was really hoping for some more Larini sounds but you were unfortunately going to speed limit with the windows up!

really good chance im buying that exhaust, im chatting with a local provider near me. they even updated their description with your previous Larini video after my email exchange with them lol (I linked them the video)

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I expect to see carbon fibre mud flaps, Ade. With winglets for extra downforce.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

my fav side skirts so far come with a sorta mud flap build in. looks pretty good

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I was really hoping for some more Larini sounds but you were unfortunately going to speed limit with the windows up!

really good chance im buying that exhaust, im chatting with a local provider near me. they even updated their description with your previous Larini video after my email exchange with them lol (I linked them the video)

Ah thanks. Yeah... Can't talk AND...th tall buildings and I become a nutter chav.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

my fav side skirts so far come with a sorta mud flap build in. looks pretty good
Interesting.. Lot of money.
I will ask them if they believe it stops the build up of filth on the side of the car.

Actually. I will see if they wish to, cough, sponsor a video in return for one (well both sides. ha). Ummm.
If you don't ask....

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Ironically, the dirty sides may be indicative of fully functional aero design. Not sure I would want to interrupt it. It is however, very helpful to know where the dirty zones are. Might be a good idea to PPF those areas as rocks could get kicked up.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Btw, your tire wear numbers aren't precision to hundreds of an mm btw, those are probably just inner middle and outer depth readings.

6/6/6 mm and 5/5/5 mm

Glad you're enjoying the car still.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ironically, the dirty sides may be indicative of fully functional aero design. Not sure I would want to interrupt it. It is however, very helpful to know where the dirty zones are. Might be a good idea to PPF those areas as rocks could get kicked up.
I PPFd the whole car the moment I got it!!
No damage but, damn, it gets filthy as xxxx

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Can you say more about your experiences with the power of the car.
Well, we are all kind of hoodwinked thinking that we need 600 to 800 HP but this is all due to a HP race and bragging rights.
There is a sweet spot for perfect momentum and the Emira has it.

Bottom line is that we would never use a 720S on full beans on the road but the Emira is actually just about perfection in terms of street usability and, on track, not giving it a chance to lose grip and thereby improving lap times, or certainly making one feel like a track legend.

Then there is the delivery. Now, this has been significantly enhanced by my Larini system but even before that it was still a car that responded well through the rev range.

Now that I fully understand the car I am able to maximise that performance.
It is akin to being in the sweet spot on my integrale. With the Lancia it is a bit hit and miss and you need to focus but Lotus got it spot on for us, not having to work hard at all to achieve it.

I would certainly recommend a track day.
You learn so much about the car and without trying you will be shooting pastv Exiges, M3s, 5xx McLarens and, like me, have no idea why but nod your head to the magic performed by the Lotus engineers.

Nuff said.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Btw, your tire wear numbers aren't precision to hundreds of an mm btw, those are probably just inner middle and outer depth readings.

6/6/6 mm and 5/5/5 mm

Glad you're enjoying the car still.
Thanks, I had no idea what the 666 meant other than I drive like a possessed devil :D

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
God you're a cool dude, I wouldn't mind having a pint with you.

How would you compare the car to a 992 Carrera? Do Porsches just feel kind of sterile compared to this car and Ferraris?

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

How would you compare the car to a 992 Carrera? Do Porsches just feel kind of sterile compared to this car and Ferraris?
"Leading the witness, Your Honor!"

We all know the answer though... 😁

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
do you still have the car for sale? What are you thinking?

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

The 992 is the latest in an incredible evolution of cars. My personal view is that one would enjoy a manual 997 Porsche more.
However, a 911 is so special and those who have driven older ones know that unique feeling of driving the car in anger and how the dynamics make it a different experience.

An older, base 992 is a rival for the money spent, so a comparison is actually a fair question.
I'd take the 992 if I had 2 small children. Other than that, the Lotus will feel more 'bespoke', more raw and would beat it on the bends. The Emira looks a lot fresher, prettier and will command more attention.

Still, everyone should own a 911 once. Once can't really say anything negative about one.