My Emira | 1 year and 5400 miles update and thoughts on my first service

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m glad you are enjoying it and and it’s great to read stories about owners experiences and putting some lies on their cars.
Sadly just before I bought mine I pulled some ligaments in my shoulder doing fencing which developed into a frozen shoulder and a lot of pain. Since doing my exhaust and shocks I’ve only done 50 miles in 2 months and no idea how long it will take to recover. My wife did say I should get help instead of doing these jobs on my own but you never think you need it until it goes wrong. You know she’s said I told you so since. 😝
So please keep up the posts and I can at least have something to look forward to.

Whitey

Reaction score
Not been here for a while. I hope you are all well and are either enjoying your own Emira or shaking in excitement with one on the horizon!

I remain a stunned fan of the Emira. It has actually, simply, gotten better and better over each passing month.
I feel like I am in a special club, party to a secret, as an Emira owner. I still honestly believe Lotus got it bang on right, yes, even the power.
The is so perfect for the roads and a beast on track.

Nothing has gone wrong with mine and it is just one smile after another.
The only elements of non-perfection is that the car gets filthy down the sides easily and the stereo starts as soon as you unlock the car. :D Yes, hardly a real concern.

The car remains super rare over here. I have only seen one other Emira in 3 months, on the road, and I live in an affluent area.

Knowing what I know, feeling what I feel, I cannot believe people are not falling over themselves trying to buy this car (there are plenty for sale used in the UK).

The attention is amazing. Most people still have no idea what it is, just that it looks like a supercar, and then some.
Women stop and stare, kids point and men creak their necks. Nearly all look at the badge - though it is clear what the car is from the plate. :giggle:
My mad Larini exhaust system helps in that regards and has made the car faster.

I will share these thoughts across the other forums. If you want to watch the update video then it is here.
As always, am happy to answer any questions about the car.

You can change the audio settings so that android auto doesn’t automatically start the stereo as you unlock the car. I found it after a few days as it used to annoy me as well!

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The 992 is the latest in an incredible evolution of cars. My personal view is that one would enjoy a manual 997 Porsche more.
However, a 911 is so special and those who have driven older ones know that unique feeling of driving the car in anger and how the dynamics make it a different experience.

An older, base 992 is a rival for the money spent, so a comparison is actually a fair question.
I'd take the 992 if I had 2 small children. Other than that, the Lotus will feel more 'bespoke', more raw and would beat it on the bends. The Emira looks a lot fresher, prettier and will command more attention.

Still, everyone should own a 911 once. Once can't really say anything negative about one.
I agree. I used to have a 997 and a 991, both manuals (the 992 is PDK). The 997 is the one I miss the most in ways, as I felt like the car was an extension of myself. I hope to feel this with the Emira..

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’m curious about the 1st service interval - in your video it has over 5k miles; I was understanding that a service was required after the break in period. Is that just overkill?

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m curious about the 1st service interval - in your video it has over 5k miles; I was understanding that a service was required after the break in period. Is that just overkill?
It was 1000 miles but changed with the Emira to 12 months, presumably because of engine component quality, tolerances, synthetic oil etc. However, a number of people, including me, opted to have the oil and filter change at 1000 miles.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I’m glad you are enjoying it and and it’s great to read stories about owners experiences and putting some lies on their cars.
Sadly just before I bought mine I pulled some ligaments in my shoulder doing fencing which developed into a frozen shoulder and a lot of pain. Since doing my exhaust and shocks I’ve only done 50 miles in 2 months and no idea how long it will take to recover. My wife did say I should get help instead of doing these jobs on my own but you never think you need it until it goes wrong. You know she’s said I told you so since. 😝
So please keep up the posts and I can at least have something to look forward to.
Yep. If you do something without telling her ahead of time, and she comes home and sees it, she's amazed and delighted. HOWEVER, if you tell her ahead of time what you're going to do, then it's "be careful" and "maybe you should get someone to do it", etc. When they say that, it's almost like it's a curse, guaranteed to cause unforeseen issues which manifest in injuries of various kinds, including the inevitable cuts and bruises that are absolute proof you should have listened.

If you work it right though, you can often get a free meal and even extra portions. Of course they still have to relate the story to family and friends, and explain why they married you anyways and all that jazz. Good times.

Take care of yourself, and hope you recover soon.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I agree. I used to have a 997 and a 991, both manuals (the 992 is PDK). The 997 is the one I miss the most in ways, as I felt like the car was an extension of myself. I hope to feel this with the Emira..
Yes, this feeling is part of the Lotus stardust.

I'd find it very difficult to pick between a 997 GT3 and the Emira.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
At 600 miles I did take the car in for a scheduled routine checkover. It was free.

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
IMG_1593.jpeg
@Aerie @GRP there's an opportunity here.

Our carbon fiber side skirts is come with
such as beautiful carbon fiber mudflaps, and we working on the rear

88f5fc30fd1e7781c8b8831e73c1fb6c.jpeg

IMG_1821.jpeg

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
How in the world did you hurt yourself putting a fence up !? 😉

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How in the world did you hurt yourself putting a fence up !? 😉
The mad thing is I’d done 20 panels before the one I got injured doing including doing all the concrete posts. I put a complete new roof including timbers on my house and never an issue. My wife can’t complain because I’ve saved us tons over the years being about to do our own construction work. Problem is the last few years we’ve been better off so she says we should just pay to get the work done but it’s hard to when you can do it yourself and know it’s done properly.
Anyway no chance of me doing anything at them moment. 😝

MaybeNeedEmira

Reaction score
The mad thing is I’d done 20 panels before the one I got injured doing including doing all the concrete posts. I put a complete new roof including timbers on my house and never an issue. My wife can’t complain because I’ve saved us tons over the years being about to do our own construction work. Problem is the last few years we’ve been better off so she says we should just pay to get the work done but it’s hard to when you can do it yourself and know it’s done properly.
Anyway no chance of me doing anything at them moment. 😝

And here's me thinking you had taken up a gentleman's sport after fox hunting was shut down.

Oh well - takes all sorts.

"En Garde"

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
And here's me thinking you had taken up a gentleman's sport after fox hunting was shut down.

Oh well - takes all sorts.

"En Garde"
ROFL yeah, depending on your position when you're hit, a hard hit from an epee can definitely put a hitch in your get-along.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Great!
I wonder how many people have hit 10K miles.
I would have if I didn't have other cars.

I never see them. The public are as confused now as they were a year ago.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Our carbon fiber side skirts is come with
such as beautiful carbon fiber mudflaps, and we working on the rear

View attachment 37705
View attachment 37710
I'd be looking for something more like the C8s here:

@Evotion is this more what you were thinking?