My Emira | 1 year and 5400 miles update and thoughts on my first service

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'd be looking for something more like the C8s here:

@Evotion is this more what you were thinking?
What, no RallyArmor?

1000031215.jpg

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'd be looking for something more like the C8s here:

@Evotion is this more what you were thinking?
That.

But not carbon, Has to match the rest of the car.
Also, need to know is that a small mudflap will actually do the job.
Might need more normal size mudflaps as seen on my integrale.

I never even notice them. You have to look look to spot them really.

20240111_162218.jpg

i-2PZw9dZ-X3.jpg

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That.

But not carbon, Has to match the rest of the car.

They're not carbon weave. Carbon Flash Black is what the C8 trim pieces are painted in. I'll try and get my buddy to send a picture closer up.

I can't answer how effective they are, but they extend a little to the side and below, so definitely some.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@Evotion this is how far they extend, and the finish. It's Carbon (black) Flash metallic. Just a color name, not CF.

Anyway, we might be able to convince them or someone else to make some.

Attachments

• IMG_20240303_115106.jpg
    IMG_20240303_115106.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20240303_115112.jpg
    IMG_20240303_115112.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20240303_115118.jpg
    IMG_20240303_115118.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20240303_115356.jpg
    IMG_20240303_115356.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 49

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Aerie does your carbon parts have tüv certificate?
We don’t provide tüv paper because that is a very high cost with such as low volume production parts .

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The mad thing is I’d done 20 panels before the one I got injured doing including doing all the concrete posts. I put a complete new roof including timbers on my house and never an issue. My wife can’t complain because I’ve saved us tons over the years being about to do our own construction work. Problem is the last few years we’ve been better off so she says we should just pay to get the work done but it’s hard to when you can do it yourself and know it’s done properly.
Anyway no chance of me doing anything at them moment. 😝
Ohhh you actually were putting up a fence 😂😂 see I was making a joke because I’m actually a 🤺 fencer and everytime I tell people I do fencing they think I install fences so I thought you were a fencer as well and hurt yourself with a sports injury which I have done ( tennis elbow hurts like a MF) 😂

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ohhh you actually were putting up a fence 😂😂 see I was making a joke because I’m actually a 🤺 fencer and everytime I tell people I do fencing they think I install fences so I thought you were a fencer as well and hurt yourself with a sports injury which I have done ( tennis elbow hurts like a MF) 😂
Well the Emira trunk is just big enough for a foil, sabre, or epee.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If @Aerie or someone would make ones that match the lower black pack that would be nice.

Although at this point I don't know what would match on my car. Rear carbon exhaust surround, carbon splitter, HY sills.

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not been here for a while. I hope you are all well and are either enjoying your own Emira or shaking in excitement with one on the horizon!

I remain a stunned fan of the Emira. It has actually, simply, gotten better and better over each passing month.
I feel like I am in a special club, party to a secret, as an Emira owner. I still honestly believe Lotus got it bang on right, yes, even the power.
The is so perfect for the roads and a beast on track.

Nothing has gone wrong with mine and it is just one smile after another.
The only elements of non-perfection is that the car gets filthy down the sides easily and the stereo starts as soon as you unlock the car. :D Yes, hardly a real concern.

The car remains super rare over here. I have only seen one other Emira in 3 months, on the road, and I live in an affluent area.

Knowing what I know, feeling what I feel, I cannot believe people are not falling over themselves trying to buy this car (there are plenty for sale used in the UK).

The attention is amazing. Most people still have no idea what it is, just that it looks like a supercar, and then some.
Women stop and stare, kids point and men creak their necks. Nearly all look at the badge - though it is clear what the car is from the plate. :giggle:
My mad Larini exhaust system helps in that regards and has made the car faster.

I will share these thoughts across the other forums. If you want to watch the update video then it is here.
As always, am happy to answer any questions about the car.

I just fitted the Larini with 3rd cat delete. The pipes are not in the center of the valance tips, but very close to the bottom, almost touching the bottom of the valance. Center left/right is perfect. It is not really noticeable, and do not think it will cause any issues, but just wondering if anybody else had similar experience.
as it is very tight, there was no way to push up the pipes, as. The angle is determined by the 3rd Cat flange bolts….

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 30

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I just fitted the Larini with 3rd cat delete. The pipes are not in the center of the valance tips, but very close to the bottom, almost touching the bottom of the valance. Center left/right is perfect. It is not really noticeable, and do not think it will cause any issues, but just wondering if anybody else had similar experience.
as it is very tight, there was no way to push up the pipes, as. The angle is determined by the 3rd Cat flange bolts….

lets get some audio!!!

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
lets get some audio!!!
I will get some low rev audio tomorrow, as I am still in break in, but I have to tell you, it is awesome…..I prefer it over Milltek 100%…..more F1 like….even in touring it sounds great……by the way, save the Milltek valve controller as well, just push the start button 5 seconds without clutch depressed, and you can flip to sport or track……there is a sound difference between sport and track……looks like it is opening all the way under track, and steps up the revs just slightly

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I will get some low rev audio tomorrow, as I am still in break in, but I have to tell you, it is awesome…..I prefer it over Milltek 100%…..more F1 like….even in touring it sounds great……by the way, save the Milltek valve controller as well, just push the start button 5 seconds without clutch depressed, and you can flip to sport or track……there is a sound difference between sport and track……looks like it is opening all the way under track, and steps up the revs just slightly
7447 is sport, 7449 is track…..

Attachments

• IMG_7447.mov
    17.5 MB
  • IMG_7449.mov
    10.7 MB