My early Lotus Emira impressions -Dislikes, surprises and some myth busting.

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ha, might be a bit controversial and, as usual, this is only my opinion - mostly about the suspension. Cough. :ninja:

Please ask questions as comments on the video so others get to see the information.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this car.

As always Ade your enthusiasm shines through.

I agree with your comments about the tailgate quirk but once you know it's not an issue. Also the cup holders but I only ever use them when I'm parked. The car does get dirty very quickly so frequent use of the jetwash is a must. The gear knob isn't an issue for me. I disagree about the suspension choice but it depends on what you want the car for. Also the steering wheel, I find it comfortable at quarter to three.

Brave of you admit to small hands 🤣😂 and you clearly didn't take singing lessons
🤣😂

I always enjoy your videos. Keep them coming.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Brave of you admit to small hands
It was cheaper to make my hands smaller than get a penis enlargement 😬

I am struggling with that rim thickness but might get used to it. It is not a big issue. Perhaps I am gripping on to it too strongly for grim death around the bends.

Suspension will always be contentious.
It might be that the demo car with touring I went in was not right. Knowing Lotus, that is indeed possible. They might have also made changes since. It was noticeable.
It would not be the first inconsistency.

Brakes are more fine and I think my left disk is getting better.
Ah bollocks.. haha. Meant to take it to Lotus today but car is at GVE for PPF. Just remembered. Damn......

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ha, might be a bit controversial and, as usual, this is only my opinion - mostly about the suspension. Cough. :ninja:

Please ask questions as comments on the video so others get to see the information.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this car.

Thanks for making this very enjoyable 'day in the life of an Emira ' video.
Any issues with fueling protocol other than interruption from fans? Is road noise another myth to bust? Can we put wheel gap/ride height concerns to rest?
Cheers.....

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
These videos are giving me life Ade. I really don’t care how long I wait for this car, I just want to be excited about it. The grumbling around here deflates the balloon. Your videos are fresh air. Thank you and keep them coming!

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
No issues with fueling. Fans seem fine.

Road noise and wind noise is bad. Much worse than I expected to be honest. I don't really care about this for the use the Emira gets but for pure GT and comfort fans (those who buy the touring suspension 😛 ) then it will be annoying and even the stereo on full loudness does not really help. I don't car about it. I have a convertible which is NEVER driven with the roof up so it matters not one jot on the whole.

Wheel gap/ride height.
I could not give a monkeys.
The car looks pretty, the handling is godly and I don't scrape the car on the road. All good.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
These videos are giving me life Ade. I really don’t care how long I wait for this car, I just want to be excited about it. The grumbling around here deflates the balloon. Your videos are fresh air. Thank you and keep them coming!
Thanks, that is much appreciated.
I sometimes feel I am singing alone about how good this car is and nobody else seems to be putting out Emira content.
More to come for sure.

PPF video probably next. At GVE at the moment. They called me this morning.
3 stone chops and one scratch that I didn't even know about it. They have repaired them.
I could not get the car to them any earlier.

Based on this then I would highly recommend protection on this car. The paint is weak.

Briggo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks, that is much appreciated.
I sometimes feel I am singing alone about how good this car is and nobody else seems to be putting out Emira content.
More to come for sure.

PPF video probably next. At GVE at the moment. They called me this morning.
3 stone chops and one scratch that I didn't even know about it. They have repaired them.
I could not get the car to them any earlier.

Based on this then I would highly recommend protection on this car. The paint is weak.
Thanks for the reviews Ade. Plenty to be positive about apart for the wait for mine!!

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No issues with fueling. Fans seem fine.

Road noise and wind noise is bad. Much worse than I expected to be honest. I don't really care about this for the use the Emira gets but for pure GT and comfort fans (those who buy the touring suspension 😛 ) then it will be annoying and even the stereo on full loudness does not really help. I don't car about it. I have a convertible which is NEVER driven with the roof up so it matters not one jot on the whole.

Wheel gap/ride height.
I could not give a monkeys.
The car looks pretty, the handling is godly and I don't scrape the car on the road. All good.
Second that on road and wind noise. I think that although the Goodyears have prodigious grip, they're also very noisy. I would have preferred Michelin PS4s and will probably change to them when the time comes. They also provide good grip and would be much quieter.

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Entertaining video as always. Enjoy hearing your enthusiasm and thoughts.

….P.S Tour is superior 😂

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I would have preferred Michelin PS4s and will probably change to them when the time comes.
A lot of us will do this come the time IF we start hearing good things about them on the car which is yet to be proven.

So far, the Goodyears seem amazing!

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Second that on road and wind noise. I think that although the Goodyears have prodigious grip, they're also very noisy. I would have preferred Michelin PS4s and will probably change to them when the time comes. They also provide good grip and would be much quieter.
I wonder if there are any other brands of tires that are available, aftermarket. In other sizes, the Continental Extreme Contact Sports and Pirelli P Xero PZ4 are both quieter than the Michelin PS4s.

Last edited:
OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah, must be but what we really need is some feedback from other Emira owners.
This could take years due to tyre wear.

I am toying with the idea of getting some CUP2R tyres for the track.

That won't help this road tyre choice though. I guess I could try MPS4S instead.

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah, must be but what we really need is some feedback from other Emira owners.
This could take years due to tyre wear.

I am toying with the idea of getting some CUP2R tyres for the track.

That won't help this road tyre choice though. I guess I could try MPS4S instead.
The tire noise ratings to which I referred were listed by Consumer Reports magazine. I believe they eliminate the influence of road surface and vehicle-generated noise by using a tire testing machine. I've noticed that road surface changes can make a big difference. Black tar is always much quieter than concrete or concrete composite surfaces. But tires do make a difference, as well.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wonder if there are any other brands of tires that are available, aftermarket. In other sizes, the Continental Extreme Contact Sports and Pirelli P Xero PZ4 are both quiter than the Michelin PS4s.
PS5s will be out by the time we need replacements, I suspect. Standard PS5 has already been on the market since last year.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
PS5s will be out by the time we need replacements, I suspect. Standard PS5 has already been on the market since last year.
It's already here!

tempImageE4VXnV.png

Silver Storm

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Evotion for the video. Very insightful for all of us still waiting for our Emiras to come. 👍

Exige2000

Reaction score

LOVE LOVE LOVE this car.

Enjoyed your video , picked mine up on Monday .

Fantastic car , more to come on collection experience etc .
Happy to answer questions .
EDD5D01D-0A6D-49F8-B4A0-4FD01FB8F920.jpeg

Attachments

• 1EA1B40F-BD46-4A4A-B41D-0E90850FAD66.jpeg
    1EA1B40F-BD46-4A4A-B41D-0E90850FAD66.jpeg
    304.9 KB · Views: 105