• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Still gonna send it...

Reaction score
If it's the same HVAC issue that UK and EU cars have experienced, it's not actually AC related, it's the blower fan resistor pack in the front of the car. A thing that techs are colloquially calling "the hedgehog". Apparently it gets wet due to water following the path of a particular wiring segment from just under the cowl.

To be fair, what has been described here with the AC might be something else... but I kinda doubt it.

I encourage you to read this entire thread, but note the dates.

Lotus have made a number of production changes to address the problems described in this thread, but it's an ever-developing story, and things may change at any time. The issue could already be permanently fixed. It sure would be nice if they would issue TSBs through their VSIC system so that dealers and independent mechanics (including us) could know one way or the other.
Ooof... From what I've just read, it appears that many of the US cars delivered so far will likely have this issue.

There are many posts describing the resistor issues, but more worrying to me is some wiring harness issues that were mentioned. One poster with a UK car described needing a total wiring harness replacement due to water intrusion at a cost (in dollars equivalent) of nearly $18,000! :eek:

As this is new car, we don't really have any pictures or videos of the problem component, so it's hard for me to visualize exactly what is going on. Fan issues are likely related to the resistors. However if fans are "blowing warm", then this might be a failed A/C compressor (which has been mentioned), an A/C compressor clutch problem, or wiring harness issues.

Hopefully changes have been put into production that will solve this problem from now on...

KaizokuCoder

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am very happy to report I took delivery of my DV Emira from Bellevue (Park Place) yesterday. My car was on the 3/29 ship. It's an FE 1.0. I was one of the last orders and I think I am one of the first 10 deliveries. Deposit placed July 19, 2021. Order placed May 12, 2022. Car received April 26, 2024. They received my car last week, but I had them apply "full front" PPF and full ceramic, so it wasn't ready to go until yesterday.

Initial impressions are really great. I have a ton of twisty backroads in my area, and I will be trying them all at soon!

Attachments

• 20240426_130425.jpg
    20240426_130425.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 20240426_130258.jpg
    20240426_130258.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 55

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@Rupes yeah, I'd want prices to stay high a year or two into ownership as well. And I hope that happens. But not from flipped cars. I really do appreciate Chevy's efforts to stop this on an individual level and wish they extended it to dealers. No ADM. No sales above MSRP. No flipping inside of a year (or is it six months?). If you flip it, you lose the ability to buy from them again, and the warranty on the sold car is null and void. That way the originating buyer is stopped, and the second buyer warned off.

Initial purchases should be handled by first come first serve orders. Or in the case of very high demand in a raffle drawing to place a deposit like they did for concerts years ago. Instead we get stuff like people buying up everything they can (cars, concert tickets, food toilet paper and water in emergency situations) and then trying to effectively extort or skim from known demand. They add nothing to the system except to provide a means for the wealthy to buy in on the case that they missed the original offering. To everyone else they create a bar for entry. They're parasites who imagine themselves brokers and aficionados.

Buy it, enjoy it, and maintain it. Then sell it. And yes, let's hope it appreciates with time.

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Went up to take an actual look at the cars (I have seen Magma before) but they also have a Hethel Yellow with upper black and black Alcantara interior with diamond wheels and a Nimbus with upper black with red interior and black wheels.available but I still prefer the Magma with no upper black, tan interior and silver wheels so we started the paperwork on that. Hopefully will pick it up late next week. Here some pictures of mine and the Hethel and Nimbus that's available and will be on their website Monday although someone is suppose to come look at the Nimbus this afternoon. All the others are spoken for.

IMG_6657.jpg
IMG_6658.jpg
IMG_6659.jpg
IMG_6660.jpg
IMG_6661.jpg

Last edited:

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Damn, what an absolutely gorgeous color combo. I love Hethel Yellow but I really wish this blue had been available for the 1.0 orders, probably would've been my choice.
That's why I waited for 2.0 colors to be released. Wasn't crazy about the original color options.

3A3968M

Reaction score
Got a call from Summit NJ - the car is here!
I went to check it out, and talk about the options.
Ray informed me that they are aware of a couple of issues that the cars might have - the A/C running on high speed and the power steering pump issues.
If there are issues they will be addressed before delivery.
The car will get the PPF applied some time next week hopefully and I should be able to pick it up next weekend if no issues!
There are quite a few Emira’s now at the Summit NJ dealer.
P.S. pictures after the delivery!

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Spoke to Boardwalk, they have 16 Emiras currently and 5 more coming in today. More than half of them have A/C issue not blowing cold. They now have 20 resistors ordered from Lotus to replace them.

They would initially blow cold but after test driving them, they found most of them starts blowing only hot air

Oh! And they haven't received their first deposited car. Basically the trucks are just grabbing whatever they see at port lol
Who did you talk to? I went up to Boardwalk this morning to see the other two cars that're available (I've seen Magma before) and when I talked to Kyle about the AC problem. This is what he said. Only 4 cars had resistor air module issues and they were replaced already with their existing parts stock. They did order a bunch moreparts as they're expecting another 50+ cars to arrive.

Pasluc

Reaction score
I wanted to create a thread specific to the USA/Canada to track what everyone is hearing for delivery timelines.
$5000 TRANSPORT & PREP FEES !! :/
I was just provided a proforma invoice for my FE that should be arriving in May and told the Transport & Prep fee will cost over $5000CAD ! Anyone either get a similar quote on their FE Emira delivery or picked up their FE Emira and paid this price ? If not, what price was quoted or did you get charged ? Appreciate any responses to help address this outrageous T&P fees when U.S customers are paying only $2500USD !

AMKV28

Reaction score
For those who have received their Emira's, how is the overall experience and any issues with the car thus far?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was just provided a proforma invoice for my FE that should be arriving in May and told the Transport & Prep fee will cost over $5000CAD ! Anyone either get a similar quote on their FE Emira delivery or picked up their FE Emira and paid this price ? If not, what price was quoted or did you get charged ? Appreciate any responses to help address this outrageous T&P fees when U.S customers are paying only $2500USD !
Destination fee here in the U.S. is $2,350 which translates to $3,212.60 Canadian. PDI (pre delivery inspection) is part of the normal dealer receiving/inspecting process and they shouldn't be charging extra for it. Sounds like they're using that as a cover for simply adding a mark-up.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Where in Canada are you? Who told you May delivery? Could you elaborate? Lotus told Gentry about a month ago to expect a large shipment by end of month and it’s been crickets since then. As of yesterday they won’t tell the dealer whether or not there are Emira’s on the water so I’m wondering if another dealer was given confirmation of a ship setting sail?

Gentry alluded to me it was something in the high 4K fro delivery, @Maffu313 got one of the first deliveries and may be able to confirm.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Destination fee here in the U.S. is $2,350 which translates to $3,212.60 Canadian. PDI (pre delivery inspection) is part of the normal dealer receiving/inspecting process and they shouldn't be charging extra for it. Sounds like they're using that as a cover for simply adding a mark-up.
Maybe, maybe not - Canadians always get dinged….whoever is doing the transport may be charging more to ship to Canada even though Toronto, Oakville, & Montreal dealerships are within 10 hours of the port and comparable or less than many US destinations…

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Does Canada charge additional import fees trucking in from the U.S. to Canada though? Maybe that’s an unaccounted cost here 🤷🏽‍♂️

Raskits

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Who did you talk to? I went up to Boardwalk this morning to see the other two cars that're available (I've seen Magma before) and when I talked to Kyle about the AC problem. This is what he said. Only 4 cars had resistor air module issues and they were replaced already with their existing parts stock. They did order a bunch moreparts as they're expecting another 50+ cars to arrive.
Not Kyle :)