• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

My early Lotus Emira impressions -Dislikes, surprises and some myth busting.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Completely agree with the bottle holder,absolutely useless positioning,any bottle larger than a can will divert your gear changing arm to the passenger side.

Stupid design.

Still,I love mine.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Completely agree with the bottle holder,absolutely useless positioning,any bottle larger than a can will divert your gear changing arm to the passenger side.

Stupid design.

Still,I love mine.
Being they expect to sell a lot more i4's than V6 manuals, it was most likely designed with a auto transmission in mind. In that case it makes a bit more sense

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
At 15:40 Ade discusses the handling. The point he makes here is not being made enough IMO. During my test drive in the twisty roads is where I finally decided that I liked the Emira better than the Evora for my use. The looks, interior upgrade, and that handling float. I call it handling float because it felt like a Cadillac but responded like a Corvette. That juxtaposition was amazing. Granted I have very little time in the Emira and Evora, but that's what I felt.

To me that means a car that is fun to drive in the mountains & canyons but won't beat you up or fatigue you trying to get performance out of the car. So a 2 hour drive will be fun, energized, and relaxed. And add visibility to that and you have a winner. Well that's just me and my intended use for the DV Emira.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Stupid design.

Still,I love mine.
Ok, we found one upside for us in Auto. Cupholder and gear shift. don't. collide

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ok, we found one upside for us in Auto. Cupholder and gear shift. don't. collide
and the shift sound, the shift speed, no clutch replacement bill to worry about, the blip on downshift, the rarity, annoying manual owners who think they are right about choosing a manual, chuckles then rolls eyes.
I remember as a kid giving my uncle some sh!t about adding water to his whiskey. He educated me and it never left me. You can have it with water, ice, lemonade, coke or whatever you like. He was right.

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
and the shift sound, the shift speed, no clutch replacement bill to worry about, the blip on downshift, the rarity, annoying manual owners who think they are right about choosing a manual, chuckles then rolls eyes.
I remember as a kid giving my uncle some sh!t about adding water to his whiskey. He educated me and it never left me. You can have it with water, ice, lemonade, coke or whatever you like. He was right.
From the song, "2525"

In the year 5555
Your arms are hanging limp at your sides
Your legs got nothing to do
Some machine's doing that for you
How true, except we're already there.:unsure:

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I had a giggle when I uncovered the drink flask Lotus gave me....
s-l1600.jpg

It is lovely but really tall so no chance of using it in the car.
Umm, actually I didn't try the door bins.
Then again, is Lotus on it, might leak. 😛

Exige2000

Reaction score
These videos are giving me life Ade. I really don’t care how long I wait for this car, I just want to be excited about it. The grumbling around here deflates the balloon. Your videos are fresh air. Thank you and keep them coming!
Picked up my Emira a week ago , the car is fantastic and a real pleasure to drive .
I waited 1 year 7 months approx and nearly cancelled twice in that time ! I am so pleased I did not cancel as I can not see any other car on the market that’s manual that comes near the Emira .

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I had a giggle when I uncovered the drink flask Lotus gave me....
View attachment 23437

It is lovely but really tall so no chance of using it in the car.
Umm, actually I didn't try the door bins.
Then again, is Lotus on it, might leak. 😛
It should state on the flask, "FOR THE DRIVERS OF AUTOMATIC CARS" :sneaky:

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Picked up my Emira a week ago , the car is fantastic and a real pleasure to drive .
I waited 1 year 7 months approx and nearly cancelled twice in that time ! I am so pleased I did not cancel as I can not see any other car on the market that’s manual that comes near the Emira .
Absolutely.

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It should state on the flask, "FOR THE DRIVERS OF AUTOMATIC CARS" :sneaky:
Use one of these for a manual car

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Use one of these for a manual car
Yeti, MSR, and a few others make insulated tumblers like that too, with drink-through lids that are great in a car.

There is a medium height one I have from Yeti that I think will work ok in the Emira but I will wait to see.

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Does it not fit in the door pocket? They made a big deal out of it fitting a reusable water bottle.
I believe it does but it would certainly be more convenient if you had it in a place where a bottle with a loose cap or a cup with a lid and straw wouldn't spill easily.