Milltek Exhaust

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They are attached to the exhaust manifold. Most aftermarket headers for the emira I have seen don't have cats. You either run without or add a single cat where the 3rd goes.

Evora setup which should be the same/similar to Emira:

image_e3c438a1-4f1d-4652-88cc-c2a92c11b384.jpg

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am trying to understand where the 2 main cats go because on the picture the cat look like they are part of the manifold and the uprated manifold for the Emira don’t have a cat on them.

After driving mine for the last 2 days I think the Miltek exhaust with the gpf delete is loud enough and may be too loud with performance cats as well as getting th Y pipe and manifolds in the future.

Yellow: Aftermarket headers. OEM manifold with cats attached would go here.
Pink: Y Pipe
Orange: Aftermarket cat. This is where the OEM 3rd cat would go (often referred to incorrectly as OPF/GPF)
Green: Silencer.

1705611791018.png

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That’s great and makes total sense. So moving forward and for gains over 340hp ish it looks like the headers and a Y pipe are needed. This gets us to the issue of how we can modify the V6 and stay legal. On my last car I didn’t have a gpf and I was able to swap the cat for a 200 cell sports cat and still pass the MOT.
With the Emira we would need t see if a sports cat in place of the gpf would be enough to pass the emissions test. Even if it is acceptable there is still the issue of whether or not it would go through an MOT without it.
Unfortunately I didn’t get back under the car after the new exhaust was fitted so I don’t know if any of the cats or gpf are visible.
Does anyone know how far on an MOT the tester has to go to see if they are there , will it pass the emissions. If no one knows I can try and find out for a tester hopefully next week.
I’m hoping there is a solution because it would be a mega pain to have to remove the headers and refit every year.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ok so Supersprint do a gpf replacement sports cat for £2.5k but not much info on it. I’ve sent them a WhatsApp message and will update the thread as soon as I get an answer.
JUBU supply one for half the price of Supersprint which is a 200 cell version. I’ve asked for more information from them.as well.

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah I took that pic from JUBU’s site and added color.

Can’t help with MOT info as I’m in the US in Texas and they are not bothered by any of that stuff over here 😅

Our inspections are basically a guy kicking tires, checking fuel cap is on and making sure CEL is off lol

Last edited:

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A week after having had the Milltek exhaust fitted.
As a recap I had the the exhaust with 3 cat replacement pipe fitted.
On the fob you can have 1. open, 2. closed and 3. Factory settings. What I have worked out is on 1. Open it is actually the same as track and way louder. So having it on 3. Factory the sport setting is loud but not as mad as track. I think in a long trip with the family I’ll be in factory tour and on my own factory sport.
I made the enquiries about what would be ok for a mot and was told as long as I had a car and it passed the emissions test it’s all good. That means I can add a sports car and the headers without cats. So I can go 440 JUBU and later when funds are replenished I could buy a sports cat and headers with a 460 map update. I’m going to find out the software cost from 440-460 first as I’ve not ruled out waiting and waiting and going straight to 460. Which ever route it will be with the oft cut and 7200 Rev limit options.