Milltek Exhaust

Mickeymo

Reaction score
Hi,

Is the milltek exhaust expected to add horsepower? If so, approximately how much?

Thanks

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

Is the milltek exhaust expected to add horsepower? If so, approximately how much?

Thanks

Typically gotta remove cats and tune to see a noticeable bump in HP. A basic catback might give you a few ponies in the upper rev range, but nothing great. It's more about the sound and shedding a little weight (usually).

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ok guys today I had the Milltek exhaust fitted, including the GPF bypass pipe and it sounds amazing. When the valves are closed it sounds on par with valves closed oem and when open it’s like a new engine.
Regal Autosports fitted it and did some filming to record oem sounds and next week when it goes back in for Nitron coil overs they will record the new exhaust sounds. Often they sound a bit better after doing some miles after settling down for some reason, buts let’s see.
It was impressive to see the Emira when on the lift because the aero and under body aluminium covers are way better than it should be for the purchase price.
IMG_5572.jpeg

IMG_5573.jpeg
IMG_5576.jpeg
IMG_5575.jpeg
IMG_5574.jpeg

IMG_5577.jpeg

IMG_5579.jpeg

I couldn’t resist a picture of those 295 wide tyres. 😁👍🏻

Attachments

• IMG_5571.jpeg
    IMG_5571.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 42

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
And against my titanium Aerie I just installed today!
Although I guess midway would be catching up somewhere in France 🤪
I would love to hear a quality sound comparison between Milltek, Larini, and Aerie as I'm pretty sure I'll be opting for one of those at some point. It's near impossible to compare them unless done side by side with the same recording equipment and same testing methodology (revs, drive-bys, etc.)

Many of us will love you for this!

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ooh, you near Surrey?
We should have a sound off against my Larini!! (y) :D

I’m in Southampton so not a million miles away. Is there going to be a Simply Lotus at Beaulieu Motor Museum this year?
Hopefully by the end of next week mine will go on YouTube and I’ll send the link. At least mine will be done to exactly the same rpm like the guy would tracked his after fitting the Milltek system.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is what everyone is referring to as the third cat unless I’m mistaken. One thing I definitely not be doing is removing the other main cats, although I’d like to see if there is a diagram of the oem set up and research if 200cell sports cats are an option.
Since when does the Emira have a gas particulate filter? And if it does exist, where is it in the exhaust?

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Milltek are to blame for this confusion by calling their pipe an OPF Bypass.

Which is very surprising as you would hope that they, if anybody, should know the difference between a catalytic converter and a OPF/GPF!
It would still be nice if we could find a labelled diagram of the complete system from the headers.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is from the Evora, but gives you a good idea.

Identical manifolds and Y-pipe.

The Emira has the “3rd cat” where the 90 degree link pipe is and the silencer has two outlets rather than one.

IMG_0191.png

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am trying to understand where the 2 main cats go because on the picture the cat look like they are part of the manifold and the uprated manifold for the Emira don’t have a cat on them.

After driving mine for the last 2 days I think the Miltek exhaust with the gpf delete is loud enough and may be too loud with performance cats as well as getting th Y pipe and manifolds in the future.