Magma Red Lotus Emira Photo Thread

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Interesting to see one of the senior dynamics engineers at Lotus has posted about testing Eltre at the Ring.

Also worth noting that he's ex Head of Vehicle Dynamics & Chassis Testing at Porsche and before that was head of vehicle dynamics for SUVs at Mercedes. Lotus has been hiring some very experienced people.

View attachment 8106
thats great, they need these people.
I was at the Frankfurt motor show a few years ago, when they did it..... and I had a chat with a few quite high up Mclaren people and without being ageist, they were young... very young and almost zero experience and I imagine quite low paid.
I also saw a relatively important position advertised at Aston M a couple of years ago, and just the salary made me think, how do these guys expect to compete with the other car companies.... pay peanuts and get into a nose dive very quickly.... which is kind of what they did, bar the SUV.
Lotus need to bring in some big guns..... nice to see them getting one side right... .bit by bit...

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well. when my Magma Emira arrives it will have to sit right next to my Ferrari in Rosso Corsa.

I have no idea yet how that 'battle' will play out. Not a clue.

20220806_163801 (2).jpg

Hapkin

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ok, so I just went through 27 pages of the Magma thread. I didn't see a picture of Magma with black pack and red calipers. Does anyone have a real life picture, and what are your thoughts on red vs black colors. I think I will be ok with black but the wheel well needs some pop with the Diamond cut wheels. Red would be nice if it was close enough to matching. Thoughts?

rich64

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone posted these real life photos from Reddit yet from this post:
fud7a8uioxe91.jpg

mz7vkqyioxe91.jpg
I wanted to go with that colour, however it reminds me of my 1995 Toyota Corona.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 2.52.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 2.52.43 PM.png
    668.1 KB · Views: 38

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
My tan leather! Wish it was better lighting. Who are these people? Seems everyone in the world gets to test/review these cars...

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My tan leather! Wish it was better lighting. Who are these people? Seems everyone in the world gets to test/review these cars...
Actually now that you point it out, I think that's red on red! 😮

So here we have, what, our second-ever photo of the red leather interior?

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Actually now that you point it out, I think that's red on red! 😮

So here we have, what, our second-ever photo of the red leather interior?
Definitely tan. Besides, Lotus wouldn't make a red/red, they know better 😄

Andrew

Reaction score
That huge black thing in the front of the grille is the adaptive cruise control radar?
If so, no adaptive cruise for me :)

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Definitely tan. Besides, Lotus wouldn't make a red/red, they know better 😄
Yeah, you're probably right... On that note, isn't it fun squinting at crappy unofficial photos of Emiras together, trying to pick out any kind of new details or information? 😊

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
seems like the tan is quite orange. A darker shade would probably fit better. From some angles it looks red on red.