Magma Red Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No bonnet gap at the front because the bonnet is partially open....
I don't think that's relevant. You would still see the rubber strip if it were present, the ones at Goodwood were quite thick. I suspect they are experimenting after receiving feedback.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Proper pops outside the factory.
I'm struggling to decide between this and dark Verdant
Thank you for sharing this!!!

I chose verdant, but I am actually 95% probably changing back to this exact spec, which is what I had chosen on day 1 of my reservation a year ago. Called US customer service to change yesterday, never got an answer or call back. Gotta try again tomorrow. I am just over the DV being sooo dark and not really green. With the spec I chose, it is too dark and loses the excitement of the design of the car. I was thinking Nimbus, but I am leaning back towards Magma with full BP and black wheels.

Now I have to decide if I go with tan interior (as original spec) or go with Alcantara with a yellow stitch and yellow calipers? Here I am, back to square one, a while after "locking in" my spec. I figure my possible delivery in May '23 will get delayed anyway, so who cares at this point. Not like it's coming up to be built next week, so shouldn't change anything if you ask me.

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don't think that's relevant. You would still see the rubber strip if it were present, the ones at Goodwood were quite thick. I suspect they are experimenting after receiving feedback.
I think the strip gets added after and what @TomE said is correct, it just gets tacked on.

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think the strip gets added after and what @TomE said is correct, it just gets tacked on.
It wouldn't have enough room, based on this photo. The cars with the strip (as shown below at Goodwood 2022) have a huge 1/4 inch gap. Big enough to stick a pinky finger through. That's not what is shown in the above Magma/BP photo at the factory.

nimbus-hoodseal.jpg

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this!!!

I chose verdant, but I am actually 95% probably changing back to this exact spec, which is what I had chosen on day 1 of my reservation a year ago. Called US customer service to change yesterday, never got an answer or call back. Gotta try again tomorrow. I am just over the DV being sooo dark and not really green. With the spec I chose, it is too dark and loses the excitement of the design of the car. I was thinking Nimbus, but I am leaning back towards Magma with full BP and black wheels.

Now I have to decide if I go with tan interior (as original spec) or go with Alcantara with a yellow stitch and yellow calipers? Here I am, back to square one, a while after "locking in" my spec. I figure my possible delivery in May '23 will get delayed anyway, so who cares at this point. Not like it's coming up to be built next week, so shouldn't change anything if you ask me.
I had a feeling you might be compelled to return back to Magma 😄. Please let us know what customer service says. I wrote to them once and they said I have to reach out to my dealer. (My dealer told me no way I can change even just a few days of locking in my config). With the delays, who knows, maybe Lotus has changed their tune.

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Asking again - where did you source this photo? Did you take it yourself? The filename says it's a screenshot.

We're trying to figure out the age of the photo.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I suspect they are experimenting after receiving feedback.
I want this to be true more than anything, but I remember those cars from the test drives last week that had the "bad gap", and visitors were told that the cars were "production, but missing a few pieces", so...

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Any further info on this? I'd love to see more photos if available.

I'm also curious what all those notes are on the car, and why the boot and bonnet are open outside the factory...

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
From

Attachments

• 09C1CEA4-A514-4352-B46E-4A809C8EBE5B.jpeg
    09C1CEA4-A514-4352-B46E-4A809C8EBE5B.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 84AD26A8-C330-466C-AF0C-6C76F9EDC99F.jpeg
    84AD26A8-C330-466C-AF0C-6C76F9EDC99F.jpeg