Magma Red Lotus Emira Photo Thread

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Nice! I love how they have a bona fide Ferrari red sitting next to it. Not only do we finally get a direct comparison to that more familiar colour, but also, now they can't jack up the image saturation in order to make Magma Red look more vibrant, like we saw so many magazines doing back in June.

The above shots seem like some of the most colour-accurate yet!

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Nice! I love how they have a bona fide Ferrari red sitting next to it. Not only do we finally get a direct comparison to that more familiar colour, but also, now they can't jack up the image saturation in order to make Magma Red look more vibrant, like we saw so many magazines doing back in June.

It's a lovely cherry red, I adore it.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

Why is the Emira even being tested against these? A 296 GTB, 765LT, and GT4 RS? Seriously.. This just seems like the Emira would obviously appear at the bottom of the list.. at least when it comes to performance.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Why is the Emira even being tested against these? A 296 GTB, 765LT, and GT4 RS? Seriously.. This just seems like the Emira would obviously appear at the bottom of the list.. at least when it comes to performance.
They're all mid engine rwd sports cars at different price points?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Ferrari sues over a nyan cat wrap but they allow that monstrosity of a paint job?
I know. When I first saw it, I thought somebody had put blue painter's tape on it to protect it for a track day, then I realized it was actually paint. Ferrari should take the car away from him, and make him go stand in the corner and think about it for awhile. OH EMM GEE!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
They're all mid engine rwd sports cars at different price points?

Yeah I guess. Very different price points and very different power specs. I suppose it's good to have something else to compare the Emira to besides a Cayman and A110.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I know. When I first saw it, I thought somebody had put blue painter's tape on it to protect it for a track day, then I realized it was actually paint. Ferrari should take the car away from him, and make him go stand in the corner and think about it for awhile. OH EMM GEE!

It looks to me like the Angry Birds / Superman crossover I definitely didn’t want.

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Horrible isn't it? The Maranello Concessionaires blue from the 60s was much paler than this and a nice pairing with the red.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A few pictures of the Magma Red press car from the Lotus Cars stand at the Nurburgring AVD Classics this weekend. Eletre and Evija also on stand, plus several historic Lotus race cars taking part and a good turnout of Lotus owners and their cars in the car park.

Magma Emira Nurburgring AVD Classic 1 (Andy Meier FB).jpg

Magma Emira Nurburgring AVD Classic 2 (Andy Meier FB).jpg

Magma Emira Nurburgring AVD Classic (Classic Lotus Project FB).jpg

Pics: Andy Meier, Classic Lotus Project

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
A few pictures of the Magma Red press car from the Lotus Cars stand at the Nurburgring AVD Classics this weekend. Eletre and Evija also on stand, plus several historic Lotus race cars taking part and a good turnout of Lotus owners and their cars in the car park.

View attachment 8103

View attachment 8105

View attachment 8102

Pics: Andy Meier, Classic Lotus Project

So Lotus does know where the Nurburgring is... 🤔😂

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So Lotus does know where the Nurburgring is... 🤔😂
Interesting to see one of the senior dynamics engineers at Lotus has posted about testing Eltre at the Ring.

Also worth noting that he's ex Head of Vehicle Dynamics & Chassis Testing at Porsche and before that was head of vehicle dynamics for SUVs at Mercedes. Lotus has been hiring some very experienced people.

Eletre Ring testing.JPG

magmared

Reaction score

Tbh I expected the Magma to be slightly more brighter , but I still love how it looks bright while not being bright, if you know what I mean?

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Tbh I expected the Magma to be slightly more brighter , but I still love how it looks bright while not being bright, if you know what I mean?
Honestly, I'm really on the fence about Magma Red. I keep wanting to love it, but I just... don't. 😖

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ferrari red is more vivid and stunning. This Magma Red is deep and not that swanking.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Den