Lotus Driving Academy today - good news

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Does the V6 Auto have Tour, Sport, Track?

My V6 Exige Auto has Tour, Sport and Off.
Yes if you get a First Edition or include the Drivers Pack with the Base Edition. Tour, Sport and Off are the base spec and you get Track with the Drivers Pack.

OP
A

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Gearing is not as long as Porsche, the engine is nice and tractable, third gear through medium corners from fairly low rpm holding the revs onto the straights, I found I was keeping fourth up to about 115-120mph but there was quite a bit more, just not up to speed in such a short session. The rev counter wasn't immediately in my view and I was more interested in braking points etc.
Agreed - gearing felt about right - not too long

OP
A

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Gearing is not as long as Porsche, the engine is nice and tractable, third gear through medium corners from fairly low rpm holding the revs onto the straights, I found I was keeping fourth up to about 115-120mph but there was quite a bit more, just not up to speed in such a short session. The rev counter wasn't immediately in my view and I was more interested in braking points etc.
Agreed - gearing felt about right - not too long

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hope said last year they were developing a prototype road version but there's been very little news since then. Lotus weren't involved. The HB.T track bike retails for £15-25k depending on spec, so the road version won't be cheap!
Thank you for the information Tom. I am surprised that Lotus are not involved with the development of a road version. Some 108/110 attended a Brands Hatch Lotus Festival some years back. It was good to have a close look at them. I hope one day to have a good look at the Lotus/Hope bikes.
What was second gear red lining around?
Can I suggest watch Harry's Garage visit to Hethel where he is driven round test track. He does mention change up speeds.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What was second gear red lining around?
My guess is it’ll be just over 60mph so they don’t have to upshift to 3rd for the 0-60 time and not much beyond that. The Evora is about 62-65mph.

Lolub

Reaction score
Does the V6 Auto have Tour, Sport, Track?

My V6 Exige Auto has Tour, Sport and Off.
@kbhoz Were you asking if the V6 "automatic" had those modes? I thought they were only manual. 🤔

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@kbhoz Were you asking if the V6 "automatic" had those modes? I thought they were only manual. 🤔
Drive modes Tour/Sport/Track/Off are on the auto as well as the manual. You get Launch Control too on the auto, which you don't get on the manual.

Lolub

Reaction score
Drive modes Tour/Sport/Track/Off are on the auto as well as the manual. You get Launch Control too on the auto, which you don't get on the manual.
Agreed, @TomE . To clarify, I was asking if @kbhoz meant an automatic transmission for the V6, which I believe doesn't exist currently for the Emira--only for the I4 (DCT). But perhaps there's been a new announcement that I may have missed?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, there is an Emira V6 auto with a torque converter (IPS). The i4 is a DCT gearbox.

Lolub

Reaction score
Yes, there is an Emira V6 auto with a torque converter (IPS). The i4 is a DCT gearbox.
Oh wow, I was not aware for the Emira, thank you TomE 🙂 (P.S. My build is FE Nimbus/tan V6 manual, can't wait! 😇)

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My mind is officially blown. It exists!!

View attachment 7793

Video here:
you can see it in the photos in this thread as well, such a nice detail!