• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Advanced Performance - new division announced focusing on bespoke vehicles and customer experiences

Image-16-9.jpg

From Lotus media release today:
  • New ‘special operations’ team from Lotus, delivering halo projects, limited editions and unique content for customers
  • Enticing new image hints at an exciting future project
  • Experiential elements include Lotus Driving Academy and tours of the revitalised advanced production facility in Hethel, Norfolk
  • Simon Lane joins Lotus as Director, Lotus Advanced Performance, to lead the team
Introducing Lotus Advanced Performance, a new division of the business dedicated to delivering thrilling bespoke vehicles and world-class customer experiences.

It is another significant development in the ongoing transformation of Lotus from a UK sports car company to a global performance car business and brand. An enticing new image of a rear wing from Lotus Design hints at an exciting future project.

The portfolio of services that Lotus Advanced Performance will offer includes:
  • Halo projects – ultra-exclusive and unique vehicles that expand the Lotus product portfolio in exciting new directions
  • Limited editions – exclusive high-spec and highly desirable versions of Lotus cars, allowing customers to stand out from the crowd
  • Bespoke – personalise your Lotus car with exclusive colours, trims and materials
  • Experiential – from tours of the new £100m Hethel sports car and hypercar production lines to ‘money can’t buy’ opportunities all around the world, activities to enable customers, fans and partners to experience the Lotus brand
  • Lotus Driving Academy – expert tuition at the wheel of a Lotus at locations around the world, including the iconic Hethel test track in Norfolk
  • Motorsport – starting with the Emira GT4 race car, Lotus Advanced Performance will support and deliver lightweight competition cars to customers around the world
  • Options – exclusive extras for your Lotus
  • Accessories – a broad range of Lotus Advanced Performance products and brand merchandise ‘For The Drivers’
All programmes are being led by Simon Lane, Director, Lotus Advanced Performance, who has joined from the bespoke 'Q by Aston Martin' business.

Simon commented: “I have always been a Lotus fan, and this has to be one of the most exciting roles in the automotive industry right now – a blank sheet of paper and the opportunity to launch a completely new division at the world’s most ambitious car brand. The LAP team and I have some fantastic and truly innovative ideas with very broad appeal, for Lotus fans young and old to those in search of unique experiences and collectible opportunities.”

He added: “Working in tandem with the hugely experienced Lotus Design team, and colleagues in our engineering teams around the world, we are going to build the most exciting and exclusive Lotus cars, embracing our exciting electrified future while also honouring our illustrious past.”

Matt Windle, Managing Director, Lotus Cars, commented: “With high-profile success in leading the delivery of bespoke vehicles and world-class customer experiences, Simon Lane is the perfect person to lead Lotus Advanced Performance. This new division is an exciting addition to our business and another key element of our Vision80 transformation.”

He added: “With the Emira and Evija starting production in the coming months, Lotus Advanced Performance is another significant opportunity to enhance our brand and communicate direct with customers.”

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So, first question: when can I get a bespoke colour scheme on an Emira? :)

I think it's good news this is all being brought together under one division. Some of it already exists (or has existed in the past) and some of it will be new.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Well this is exciting... and also explains why Lotus held back on the Emira's power, options, and customizations. I expect a large premium will be charged for carbon bits, custom color interiors, and bespoke paint (~$8k for the Evora).

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Well this is exciting... and also explains why Lotus held back on the Emira's power, options, and customizations. I expect a large premium will be charged for carbon bits, custom color interiors, and bespoke paint (~$8k for the Evora).
The cake and eat it too in me wishes we could get a Bespoke FE but guessing those won’t exist.

Carbuilder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
“With the Emira and Evija starting production in the coming months, Lotus Advanced Performance is another significant opportunity to enhance our brand and communicate direct with customers.”

Yes, because you are doing such a great job now with communication with customers.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
“With the Emira and Evija starting production in the coming months, Lotus Advanced Performance is another significant opportunity to enhance our brand and communicate direct with customers.”

Yes, because you are doing such a great job now with communication with customers.
Ouch 🤕🤣🤣🤣

Samps

Reaction score
So, first question: when can I get a bespoke colour scheme on an Emira? :)

I think it's good news this is all being brought together under one division. Some of it already exists (or has existed in the past) and some of it will be new.
White one please can’t believe not FE colour list. Shows the curves off great and I think I’m not alone in this request. Nimbus next best especially if metallic mercury liquidy type as described before …

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Image-16-9.jpg

From Lotus media release today:
  • New ‘special operations’ team from Lotus, delivering halo projects, limited editions and unique content for customers
  • Enticing new image hints at an exciting future project
  • Experiential elements include Lotus Driving Academy and tours of the revitalised advanced production facility in Hethel, Norfolk
  • Simon Lane joins Lotus as Director, Lotus Advanced Performance, to lead the team
Introducing Lotus Advanced Performance, a new division of the business dedicated to delivering thrilling bespoke vehicles and world-class customer experiences.

It is another significant development in the ongoing transformation of Lotus from a UK sports car company to a global performance car business and brand. An enticing new image of a rear wing from Lotus Design hints at an exciting future project.

The portfolio of services that Lotus Advanced Performance will offer includes:
  • Halo projects – ultra-exclusive and unique vehicles that expand the Lotus product portfolio in exciting new directions
  • Limited editions – exclusive high-spec and highly desirable versions of Lotus cars, allowing customers to stand out from the crowd
  • Bespoke – personalise your Lotus car with exclusive colours, trims and materials
  • Experiential – from tours of the new £100m Hethel sports car and hypercar production lines to ‘money can’t buy’ opportunities all around the world, activities to enable customers, fans and partners to experience the Lotus brand
  • Lotus Driving Academy – expert tuition at the wheel of a Lotus at locations around the world, including the iconic Hethel test track in Norfolk
  • Motorsport – starting with the Emira GT4 race car, Lotus Advanced Performance will support and deliver lightweight competition cars to customers around the world
  • Options – exclusive extras for your Lotus
  • Accessories – a broad range of Lotus Advanced Performance products and brand merchandise ‘For The Drivers’
All programmes are being led by Simon Lane, Director, Lotus Advanced Performance, who has joined from the bespoke 'Q by Aston Martin' business.

Simon commented: “I have always been a Lotus fan, and this has to be one of the most exciting roles in the automotive industry right now – a blank sheet of paper and the opportunity to launch a completely new division at the world’s most ambitious car brand. The LAP team and I have some fantastic and truly innovative ideas with very broad appeal, for Lotus fans young and old to those in search of unique experiences and collectible opportunities.”

He added: “Working in tandem with the hugely experienced Lotus Design team, and colleagues in our engineering teams around the world, we are going to build the most exciting and exclusive Lotus cars, embracing our exciting electrified future while also honouring our illustrious past.”

Matt Windle, Managing Director, Lotus Cars, commented: “With high-profile success in leading the delivery of bespoke vehicles and world-class customer experiences, Simon Lane is the perfect person to lead Lotus Advanced Performance. This new division is an exciting addition to our business and another key element of our Vision80 transformation.”

He added: “With the Emira and Evija starting production in the coming months, Lotus Advanced Performance is another significant opportunity to enhance our brand and communicate direct with customers.”
That sounds very promising Tom, and the appointment of Simon Lane means they are serious about it.

I'd love to see the master-plan that this is clearly part of...

Last edited:
OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That sounds exciting for everyone!
That's not the big update we were wanting in January was it? I thought it was meant to be more Emira based
This is company news.

The Emira updates were new configurator, UK finance options and dealer briefings for UK and North America in January. March is i4 specs and pricing plus press reviews.

JPS_67

Reaction score
Great news!
Now I can get my bespoke fridge in the backseat!

#ForTheBespoke

🥂🥂🥂
I guess every Lotus owner wants to stand out in the heard. The ppl at Lotus understand it and set up their own aftermarket shop.. I guess if you really want to stand out you keep everything as standard as possible, whatever that means given these circumstances. ;)

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This is company news.

The Emira updates were new configurator, UK finance options and dealer briefings for UK and North America in January. March is i4 specs and pricing plus press reviews.

Sorry UK Finance options? it’s an Illustration not an example.... what option... you use there’s or sort your own.... they also have residual at about 50%.... which for lotus is low.

The configurator was putting right a wrong and that someone thought, what was on the site was good, tells me all I need to know,

It’s not what a lot had hoped for.

What was new....

Clearly, I don’t understand how it all works am sure people will say.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sorry UK Finance options? it’s an Illustration not an example.... what option... you use there’s or sort your own.... they also have residual at about 50%.... which for lotus is low.

The configurator was putting right a wrong and that someone thought, what was on the site was good, tells me all I need to know,

It’s not what a lot had hoped for.

What was new....

Clearly, I don’t understand how it all works am sure people will say.
Glass half full or half empty?

Jan update didn’t include everything people wanted (like previously promised photos of cars). But it did have finance options (more than one type of contract). And a major step forward on the configurator, better than many in the industry.

Still a lot for Lotus to do better. But what was provided was OK. Now we need more.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Glass half full or half empty?

Jan update didn’t include everything people wanted (like previously promised photos of cars). But it did have finance options (more than one type of contract). And a major step forward on the configurator, better than many in the industry.

Still a lot for Lotus to do better. But what was provided was OK. Now we need more.
Ok.... options.... any on line finance company gives you those..... and better rates out there to be had.... these are not live function.... Illustration not an example ? Also they need to be more flexable and not bundel in zero value items

As for pictures .... they seem able to keep sharing atmospheric pictures of Evija..... I know its not easy to just take pictures..... but time and money seems to be there to market the Evija..... a car yes we all like...... but not one that hoped will sell in thousands ?

Abmitted..... the configurator is way better and now one of the best..... but it had to be.... when people did a better job on there home PC