Lotus advanced performance

You would think that they would be pushing this hard on the FE and deposit holders, this is the first I am hearing about it. I would have optioned a CF rear black.

You would think that they would be pushing this hard on the FE and deposit holders, this is the first I am hearing about it. I would have optioned a CF rear black.
agreed, seems like a no brainer as I would definitely be raising my hand

No carbon roof:cry: (I know its difficult tho)

...maybe carbon LOTUS letters?:ROFLMAO:

1674438247245.jpeg

Rear carbon diffuser looks nice rendered.

That rear CF diffuser is sweet and I will buy one when it becomes available. I swapped out the rear diffuser on my R8 to CF and it looks way better. Takes the car up a level.

Looks like front inlet air management, front lip, mirror caps, and side intakes all in carbon.

Emira_VCF_Stills_Front_01-1536x864.jpg
That's a North America spec car! Has the amber lenses in the front! Is this the first U.S. spec production car we've seen?

That's a North America spec car! Has the amber lenses in the front! Is this the first U.S. spec production car we've seen?
It's a rendering, from the same environment as the online configurator. The carbon bits were either rendered in that environment or photoshopped over it.

It's a rendering, from the same environment as the online configurator. The carbon bits were either rendered in that environment or photoshopped over it.

I thought the same thing, but just checked the configurator and those purple lilacs aren't there. It may still be a very good render (check the sun flares on the rear bumper and diffuser), but could also be an actual photo taken around the same area. I believe these outdoor shots are near Big Sur in Cali and the video has the Emira driving over the Bixby Canyon bridge.

So that’s:
front lip (£1000)
front intakes (£1000 x2)
mirror caps (£500 x2)
side sills (£2000 x2)
side intakes (£750 x2)
diffuser (£3000)
Total £10,000+

Anyone think I’m wrong?

I'm not so sure. The front tire is a Pirelli P Zero which is obviously not a tire that's offered on the car.

So that’s:
front lip (£1000)
front intakes (£1000 x2)
mirror caps (£500 x2)
side sills (£2000 x2)
side intakes (£750 x2)
diffuser (£3000)
Total £10,000+

Anyone think I’m wrong?
Yeah. The Chinese will make those pieces. They'll be a third of those prices.

I thought the same thing, but just checked the configurator and those purple lilacs aren't there. It may still be a very good render (check the sun flares on the rear bumper and diffuser), but could also be an actual photo taken around the same area. I believe these outdoor shots are near Big Sur in Cali and the video has the Emira driving over the Bixby Canyon bridge.
Look at the gravel, it's the same texture render that's in the configurator.

Here's a shot from an older video output from the online configurator. The new image we're looking at above is from the same rendering environment, and I think with the same models, but at a different time of year (flowers added for visual interest) and from a different angle against the background.

I have no doubt whatsoever that the Lotus Performance image showing the carbon bits is a rendering, not a photo of a real car. None of the details in the frame are "real" to my eye, they have all the hallmarks of digital sprites that have been anti-aliased... and also they match the rendered environment below pretty darn closely. I just screencapped this out of one of the saved config videos I have squirreled away from last year.

1674502316001.png

Here's a couple of screenshots I took in February last year of my spec. There's no tire info on the tires. If this is a render, it's a new updated version but why would they use Pirelli tires on it?

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 1.11.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 1.11.55 PM.png

Back