When are journalists getting the Emira?

I heard Top Gear will be the first to get their hands on a production Emira to properly review (and that it might also be white). I'm sure dozens of others are in line and eager to review it too. Do we know how soon this might actually happen?

I know we're all anxious for new Emira content and it'd be great if I could read and watch some reviews before specing and ordering my FE in April. The new configurator is fantastic and all, but I was hoping to see some professional shots of painted production cars (or shells at least) and watch some reviews.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I heard Top Gear will be the first to get their hands on a production Emira to properly review (and that it might also be white). I'm sure dozens of others are in line and eager to review it too. Do we know how soon this might actually happen?

I know we're all anxious for new Emira content and it'd be great if I could read and watch some reviews before specing and ordering my FE in April. The new configurator is fantastic and all, but I was hoping to see some professional shots of painted production cars (or shells at least) and watch some reviews.
It usually works under embargo. So although TG gets the car first it allows other companies to also do tests. At a certain date they will be allowed to published. The T,33 is a classic example of this. So you'll probably find a sudden bunch of reviews at the same time. Possibly in March

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
March for publication. They all get access to cars about the same time and can shoot video, take photos and write stuff then it's all held back under embargo. Lotus get a say in who releases in what order. TG on TV are first, then I think the print magazines like TG and Evo get to go next a day or so later. YouTubers will probably be a few days after that. But someone will probably jump the gun!

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So here's a question (which I don't know if I expect an answer to): will journalists such as TG have been given access to an i4 for review?

(Spot the guy desperate to hear the exhaust note :) )

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
So here's a question (which I don't know if I expect an answer to): will journalists such as TG have been given access to an i4 for review?

(Spot the guy desperate to hear the exhaust note :) )
I’d suggest loitering outside Hethel when they take the test mules out, one of them must be an I4.

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
March for publication. They all get access to cars about the same time and can shoot video, take photos and write stuff then it's all held back under embargo. Lotus get a say in who releases in what order. TG on TV are first, then I think the print magazines like TG and Evo get to go next a day or so later. YouTubers will probably be a few days after that. But someone will probably jump the gun!

That's fantastic news. I can't wait! We all know the car is beautiful and it's using an old powertrain... I just hope the exterior styling and updated interior will be enough to sway reviewers to speak highly of it as the final ICE Lotus model.

I have a feeling we're going to hear a lot of: "We're really excited for the turbo AMG powered Emira, but purists will want the proven V6 as it's the only version offered with 3 pedals."

FrenchBred

Reaction score
When I was eagerly awaiting information on my current car, the GR Yaris, certain journos including Chris Harris tweeted teasers prior to the review embargo. Waiting is so painful! It's like being a kid waiting for Christmas day again !!!

Lotus-USFL

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what Doug Demuro (the Youtube Quirks and Features) car guy has to say about the Emira.

At the beginning of 2022, he listed cars he wanted to review and cars he didn't. He put the Emira in the "not excited to review" category because he doesn't think it can compete with Porsche.

I hope the car review changes his mind!!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not sure anyone will really care too much irrespective of what he says (good or bad). From what I can infer, most of his viewers are those looking for their next SUV.