Lotus 3rd Phone Call

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
They didn't say they'll all be allocated in strict deposit date order. They've said that's their overall intention but they need to adjust to suit manufacturing schedules and other factors. It's in the deposit T&Cs. They need to have some flexibility.

View attachment 2854
May be so....... come on Tom.... you know this is questionable..... yes they need some flexibility.... it could of been done better, may be a little harder.... but a more amicable way ...... i dont care what its says there.... the mantra many have be told...... deposit date ? order cars come in...... if they want flexibility..... but give use none.... well dont know yet... many have asked if the cars can come with out number plates fitted....

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That would be a logistical headache as they could be ringing round umpteen depositors, would sir/lady be interested in this config no ,ok move onto next person. Oh caller 43 didn’t answer phone so best wait to call them again before moving onto caller 44.

It does seem unfair but we live in an unfair world.
Who is talking about phone call.... emails..... on a half decent data base could do field search..... depositors 11th july still not contacted or locked in ...... email, first come or reply...... if then nothing depositors 12th July still not contacted or locked in etc.......

I have said my part..... its how i feel..... every one else has a right to feel the way they do.....

Last edited:

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Who is talking about phone call.... emails..... on a half decent data base could do field search..... depositors 11th july still not contacted or locked in ...... email, first come or reply...... if then nothing depositors 12th July still not contacted or locked in etc.......

I have said my part..... its how i feel..... every one else has a right to feel the way they do.....
They must have a CRM solution and it links to the solution holding the config. Of the requested car.
We might see more of these kind of calls in the coming months as early depositors drop out due to various reasons.
Lotus must have a scheduling system and plan, I’m sure they spent some time working out the process for cancelled orders and what to do.

Tailslides

Emira Fan
Reaction score
We probably all want our cars as early as possible but I would think it rather strange if they rang me to say I can't have red right now but can have yellow
They must have a CRM solution and it links to the solution holding the config. Of the requested car.
We might see more of these kind of calls in the coming months as early depositors drop out due to various reasons.
Lotus must have a scheduling system and plan, I’m sure they spent some time working out the process for cancelled orders and what to do.
Agreed, it's an impossible task for them to keep everyone happy if people drop out or alter their builds. I imagine we all want our cars yesterday, sadly we will have to wait unless we are very lucky.

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
We probably all want our cars as early as possible but I would think it rather strange if they rang me to say I can't have red right now but can have yellow

Agreed, it's an impossible task for them to keep everyone happy if people drop out or alter their builds. I imagine we all want our cars yesterday, sadly we will have to wait unless we are very lucky.
First world problem! Can we close this loop 🤩

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

If they called me and said right you can have your car July 2022 not Sept 2022 ..... but instead of blue its red as some one has pulled out and your taking there place.... whats strange about that ??? realy

Yes its hard.... always is.... but there are better ways...... cold fact.... hes getting a car 3 or 4 months before people that placed a deposit 2 month before him ? Like i said, happy for him...... but the way this has been done.... is wrong on so many ways.......

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
If I had to gear my business up to suddenly deal with 10x, even 5x the expected level of business it would be a logistical and customer service nightmare. A "good problem" some might say but one where you are never going to please everyone.

Yes, some comms and things could have been handled better, but at a time when the global supply chain is still badly disrupted and Lotus are in the process of rapidly scaling the business I think some of the criticisms levelled are unfair and lack appreciation of what is involved on many levels.

So you offer the slot to 100 people by email, the "winner" may be happy (but possibly end up regreting moving away from their chosen spec through a moment of weakness through impatience- and we all know how much we have all agonised over our specs!) and 99 people end up disappointed that they didn't get the earlier slot. Lose - lose scenario.

I think the strategy of offering that car to the next person on the list with the same or very similar spec is not unreasonable, especially when you pause to consider the pitfalls of the alternatives.

Yes, I would rather take delivery sooner than my likely Sept or Oct date, but I'll be patient, look forward to the day it arrives and be thankful there are a lot of dedicated people at Lotus working very hard to respond to the wonderful but very demanding set of circumstances they find themselves in.

If you want to blame anyone for the wait, blame Russell Carr for designing such a goddam iressistable car!

Tailslides

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If they called me and said right you can have your car July 2022 not Sept 2022 ..... but instead of blue its red as some one has pulled out and your taking there place.... whats strange about that ??? realy

Yes its hard.... always is.... but there are better ways...... cold fact.... hes getting a car 3 or 4 months before people that placed a deposit 2 month before him ? Like i said, happy for him...... but the way this has been done.... is wrong on so many ways.......
Really?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
May be so....... come on Tom.... you know this is questionable..... yes they need some flexibility.... it could of been done better, may be a little harder.... but a more amicable way ...... i dont care what its says there.... the mantra many have be told...... deposit date ? order cars come in...... if they want flexibility..... but give use none.... well dont know yet... many have asked if the cars can come with out number plates fitted....
It’s Lotus trying to handle cancellations in a way that’s reasonably fair and reasonably practical. It’s the real world and it’s unrealistic to expect customer #500 to get their keys exactly after #499 and before #501.

You do have to be aware of what’s in the T&Cs. Deposit date order isn’t absolute, it’s a guiding principle and they’ve tried very hard to apply it. But if Lotus decided to build all the V6 manuals before all the autos, they could. If they decided to batch all the blue cars first, then all the yellow ones they could. You read the part about pricing too right?

There will be more of these “unfair” situations. We won’t be able to do anything about it, so why get anxious about them? I put my deposit down 4 months before anyone at Goodwood but will get my car at the same time as them - some will likely get them before me. I can’t change that so there’s no point getting stressed over it.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

That’s a lot of……………🤣

Simon82

Reaction score
Bit late in coming onto the forum but glad I found it. Placed my deposit early morning on 7th of July but have not been asked for spec or second deposit yet never mind 3rd stage. Slightly worrying….only just got e mail asking if I want V6 or I4. Will be making a call on Monday…

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Bit late in coming onto the forum but glad I found it. Placed my deposit early morning on 7th of July but have not been asked for spec or second deposit yet never mind 3rd stage. Slightly worrying….only just got e mail asking if I want V6 or I4. Will be making a call on Monday…
Welcome! Strange that you’ve had no contact after first deposit. You should have had calls and emails. Possible that they don’t have your contact details recorded correctly.

Keep us updated about response from Customer Care and we’ll help if we can.

Simon82

Reaction score
Welcome! Strange that you’ve had no contact after first deposit. You should have had calls and emails. Possible that they don’t have your contact details recorded correctly.

Keep us updated about response from Customer Care and we’ll help if we can.
Thanks Tom, they sent me an e-mail on Monday asking if I want V6 or the I4 but it went to my junk so I missed it until today.
When I first placed deposit and after trip to Goodwood to see the car I asked them some Questions about the gearbox/clutch on the V6 Emira and if it had been tweaked over the exige/evora set up (concerned as I had same issue with both my exige V6’s and don’t want to have same issue for a third time) response I got at the time was a resounding “no” and hadn’t heard anything else since (maybe I was black listed 🤷‍♂️ 😬)

Eddie

Reaction score
Am so pleased for you.... its wonderful.... But :oops: erm..... and dont shout me down..... well perhaps a little.... But what about all those that posted deposits before that date..... maybe they should of been given the option to change to that config that has become availble ? it might of been some ones second config ? sorry..... Eddie.... dont worry I would of said yes....am not in any way down on you....
Clearly this is not the only time the issue is going to come up..... perhaps email all those with deposits placed around the same date, matching config or not let them have a chance ? just think its a more amicable way
Shout me down if you like..... not the first time
To be fair I was thinking the same thing whilst I was discussing my options with Lotus. It does seem like the approach was someone with an early deposit had dropped out and my original configuration was the same so they contacted me. In hindsight I would have asked more questions but at the time the adrenaline was pumping. I think my config could be relatively unusual: Nimbus, black pack, black wheels, red callipers, red stitch alcantara but difficult to know for sure.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
To be fair I was thinking the same thing whilst I was discussing my options with Lotus. It does seem like the approach was someone with an early deposit had dropped out and my original configuration was the same so they contacted me. In hindsight I would have asked more questions but at the time the adrenaline was pumping. I think my config could be relatively unusual: Nimbus, black pack, black wheels, red callipers, red stitch alcantara but difficult to know for sure.
Hi Eddie.... please dont think I down on you at all..... given the chance I would of perhaps done the same as you, take the car

Lotus have worked hard to get done what they have...... All I said is I think there is a better way :)

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That’s a lot of……………🤣
What ? a lot of ?.... Some one better than me.....said if you have nothing constructive to say, say nothing. I respect what every one else has said.... its part of the conversation..... how is saying its a lot, am guessing its a word with 4 letters ? Helpful
Have a good day Sir

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
My original spec was that but yellow calipers and stitching. I've now changed to DC wheels. Agonising over dropping the BP. I really prefer the back with standard tail pipes for one reason.
Might have to hunt you down in June to see it all in the flesh! Don't be alarmed if you notice someone following you!

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It’s Lotus trying to handle cancellations in a way that’s reasonably fair and reasonably practical. It’s the real world and it’s unrealistic to expect customer #500 to get their keys exactly after #499 and before #501.

You do have to be aware of what’s in the T&Cs. Deposit date order isn’t absolute, it’s a guiding principle and they’ve tried very hard to apply it. But if Lotus decided to build all the V6 manuals before all the autos, they could. If they decided to batch all the blue cars first, then all the yellow ones they could. You read the part about pricing too right?

There will be more of these “unfair” situations. We won’t be able to do anything about it, so why get anxious about them? I put my deposit down 4 months before anyone at Goodwood but will get my car at the same time as them - some will likely get them before me. I can’t change that so there’s no point getting stressed over it.
Clearly yes I understand all that Tom , and yes the way thing look, the price will go up..... if not Lotus putting it up, the cost to buy the car could well go up. With the Bank of Englands base rate now at 0.5%. Every chance the cost of HP/PCP .... credit card, loans etc will go up.

Sorry are you thinking about the 30 year high in inflation.... the cost of gas and electric increase.... the cost to transport parts etc, pressure for wages to go up..... Its got to be a big worry for many. If lotus put the cost of the car up inline with inflation 6% then the cost of HP/PCP goes up.... I think many will be looking closer at buying the car.

Being locked into the finance companmy you can use dont help..... So ok you can have Lotus invoice you for the car, and hope you can find a company that will work with you this way..... but not all will..... so you are a little limited, and not all the company offering a better rate are happy working that way

But i still think there is a better way to sort the issue.... and please dont talk to me like some kind of simpleton.... I understand how the world works.... but just because some thing is harder, does not make the easy option, the right one. Am I wrong to hope for better ?

Last edited:

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

If I have to drop out of my June car I will specifically tell them to offer it to you as you will take it. Can't say fairer than that :)

bbpxbbpx

Reaction score
That’s a lot of……………🤣
What ? a lot of ?.... Some one better than me.....said if you have nothing constructive to say, say nothing. I respect what every one else has said.... its part of the conversation..... how is saying its a lot, am guessing its a word with 4 letters ? Helpful
Have a good day Sir
The message's up for interpretation. I read @Green 's message literally as "there was a lot of ellipsis (...) in your earlier comment".