Lotus 3rd Phone Call

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I just had a very exciting phone call with Lotus to say that my original 2nd deposit configuration has just become available for June delivery and would I like to accept my original configuration in order to receive the car in June. I had emailed previously to change from black to silver wheels. Given I placed my first deposit on 17th July I wasn’t expecting delivery until early part of next year. Iv decided to go with the black wheels in order to get the car in June! Happy days! For reference my config is Nimbus with black pack so I think the black wheels will still look awesome. Also I did ask the question regarding keeping the silver wheels but Lotus explained that all the materials for the first batch of orders have already been set so it was a take it or leave it type of scenario.
That is my 2nd choice for colors, it will look awesome!

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m amazed that just wheel colour affects the build date. Implies a lack of silver painted wheels!

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Spoke to lotus today as have heard nothing since I placed my 2nd deposit early October and they have told me that the 3rd phone call will not start until the new year.

They also said that there are no delays that they are aware of that could affect production early next year.

It seems that where you will fall in the build queue depends on a number of factors…..

What colour ?
What engine ?
What transmission ?
What country? (Later cars I guess)

I’m guessing all the above factors could move you up or down the build slots depending on what they are building first.

The only other thing they said was despite me being a fairly early depositor they couldn’t promise me a 2022 delivery which was a little concerning as it would be handy to know if I’m actually buying an 80k car next year.

Please reply to this feed if you have heard different or have an update on the 3rd deposit.
Just had a call from lotus confirming my car will be delivered in August. I have up until Friday to make any changes, after that it could be delayed.

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I just had a very exciting phone call with Lotus to say that my original 2nd deposit configuration has just become available for June delivery and would I like to accept my original configuration in order to receive the car in June. I had emailed previously to change from black to silver wheels. Given I placed my first deposit on 17th July I wasn’t expecting delivery until early part of next year. Iv decided to go with the black wheels in order to get the car in June! Happy days! For reference my config is Nimbus with black pack so I think the black wheels will still look awesome. Also I did ask the question regarding keeping the silver wheels but Lotus explained that all the materials for the first batch of orders have already been set so it was a take it or leave it type of scenario.
Sounds like an early depositor with same spec as your original order has cancelled order, so you were next in line with that exact spec.

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
3rd call from Lotus today for a September delivery. Deposit around 9 am on 11th July.

Hopefully it’s early September and I can make the Isle of Man trip 🤞🏻

dave355

Reaction score
Hopefully ill get a call soon then deposit 12/7 about 11 am hopefully a sept car

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
3rd call from Lotus today for a September delivery. Deposit around 9 am on 11th July.

Ohh, exciting!! I'm a few hours after your deposit so will be keeping the phone very close to hand tomorrow 😁

Do you have to make any changes by tomorrow too?

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ohh, exciting!! I'm a few hours after your deposit so will be keeping the phone very close to hand tomorrow 😁

Do you have to make any changes by tomorrow too?
Yep, any changes need to be locked in tomorrow to avoid upto a months delay

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yep, any changes need to be locked in tomorrow to avoid upto a months delay
Congratulations, at least the Emira is starting to sound real for you gentlemen.👍👍
For me just a wonderful fantasy.

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Oh dear... You were 11th July and already into spetember. 😭. I was November deposit...that means quite a wait for me.

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Is it possible the FE and Base car will be built in parallel? If from the Lotus email the FE will continue for some time, and we're expecting Base cars in 2023 (as well as FE), then maybe the FE will be a flagship car at a premium price and the base will be car + paid options you choose? There will be people who want to buy an Emira the cheapest option with just the options they want, rather than the FE OTR £79k plus finance costs?

My first deposit was Sept, second Nov, while that might create a winter delivery its nice knowing I'll probably have all the info and choices (not to mention a drive) before having to commit the final decision, silver lining in being a late comer :)
Yes believe so and posted some correspondence with Lotus on this. I’ve been dancing around an early FE V6 after first deposit - 14/7 and base edition and gone from FE to base and back to FE! I’m looking at an early 2023 delivery but have been told FE cars will be delivered into 2024.

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Sounds like an early depositor with same spec as your original order has cancelled order, so you were next in line with that exact spec.
It must be a coincidence I changed my nimbus spec from black to silver wheels in the last 48 hours! My spec sounds very close to yours and I’m a 14/7 deposit holder. I’m manual, nimbus, lower black pack, black leather, black callipers, deleted dark tint windows, tracker. Delivery delayed at my choosing to q1 2023 so finance free

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Whatever happened to the full update Lotus was releasing in January that everyone was talking about!!! Including the gents that visited the factory kept advising thereafter.
I think I made it clear about the comms in my post after the factory visit:

The Jan comms was:
  • releasing the new configurator, including for the UK including finance and trade in options
  • the rolling process of contacting UK V6 FE deposit holders in deposit date order to advise delivery dates
  • briefing all the US dealers and telling them their allocations (with the expectation they'd tell their customers)
  • briefing all the UK dealers
The next big update is in March and includes i4 FE and base + options specifications and pricing plus press reviews.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is it possible the FE and Base car will be built in parallel?
Yes, V6 FE, i4 FE and Base V6/i4 production will overlap to various extents. They can all be built in parallel in the same production process in whatever split is planned for that day/week/month.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's great. Also handy to see that Lotus are filling empty slots due to cancellations.

I know some people will now be grumpy you have "queue jumped" rather than Lotus moving everyone one place up the queue, but it sounds like there's a constraint and this is the simplest way to manage around it.

Interesting that they've had to work through the list from June batch (mid 8 July) to 14 July to find an order with identical spec to the cancellation - suggest yours is relatively rare.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
9th July order is starting to look like October delivery, unless I just sneak into September...

All good things are worth waiting for!

Last edited:

Justcallmemac

Reaction score
Received my third call yesterday for September delivery. (11th July deposit) Changed my mind to Magma from Nimbus (both with black pack) at the very last minute after switching back-and-forth a gazillion times on the configrator before confirming with Lotus by end of day, to secure my slot. Now just gonna sit back, relax and wait for the reviews.