• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Location of front number plate

Vetracer

Reaction score
Hello all

Apologies in advance for what may be a silly question but I’m genuinely curious. Looking at the front profile of the Emira, there is a grille which seems to be a functioning vent for the engine bay but also seems like the only logical place the wide rectangular shaped front UK licence plate can be fitted. Probably not a concern for you US folks as I believe most states only mandate a rear plate?

Can anyone confirm if this is where the front licence plate will go and that the grille is actually not an engine bay vent?

Attachments

• 79E765A4-ACEB-4EC1-8BF4-E100C2CAF675.jpeg
    79E765A4-ACEB-4EC1-8BF4-E100C2CAF675.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hello all

Apologies in advance for what may be a silly question but I’m genuinely curious. Looking at the front profile of the Emira, there is a grille which seems to be a functioning vent for the engine bay but also seems like the only logical place the wide rectangular shaped front UK licence plate can be fitted. Probably not a concern for you US folks as I believe most states only mandate a rear plate?

Can anyone confirm if this is where the front licence plate will go and that the grille is actually not an engine bay vent?
#GloveBox ;)

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
What exactly is the purpose of a front plate anyway? I can see the rear plate I guess, but even that seems unnecessary if you are carrying a valid registration in your glove box.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
What exactly is the purpose of a front plate anyway? I can see the rear plate I guess, but even that seems unnecessary if you are carrying a valid registration in your glove box.
It’s all about crime solving. Post crime identification and 50% less duplication probability. #GloveBoxStill

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Chinese car has the plate inside the black vent area. As I’ve got a black plate (with silver lettering) this would be my preference.