Lightweight seats

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I feel like I already know the answer to my question, but it never hurts to ask!

Is there any feasible way to incorporate the OEM side airbag into a custom enclosure or pod on the Tillett seat?

Thanks!

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Also, completely unrelated, I think y'all could do a fantastic job on custom steering wheels.

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
I feel like I already know the answer to my question, but it never hurts to ask!

Is there any feasible way to incorporate the OEM side airbag into a custom enclosure or pod on the Tillett seat?

Thanks!
No sorry, the shape of this seat holds you locked centrally in place. The airbags are used to prevent you flying out the side of the largely unsupported flat OEM seat. I know which seat I would rather be in during a crash and it wouldn’t be the OEM seat.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not yet, sorry. It’s been considered as a future project but these things take ages to come through.

Hopefully it happens and I'll look for it in the future. I need to make use of the storage behind the seats for trips, and having just seen the SF90 in person, I realized that fixed buckets would make that fairly challenging.

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
Hopefully it happens and I'll look for it in the future. I need to make use of the storage behind the seats for trips, and having just seen the SF90 in person, I realized that fixed buckets would make that fairly challenging.
Its not as challenging as you would think. You pull one seat forward and the other back and you get a large gap through the middle. Because the seats are thin you actually get more space behind the seats.

Attachments

• B10XL Emira seat gap.jpg
    B10XL Emira seat gap.jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 106

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If only there was a solution for the tan leather interior some kind of matching colors 😍😍

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Fingers crossed for a good answer! And thanks again for your work on this.

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
@Steve Tillett could there be a decent saving if you offered a group buy of say 5 or 10 sets of seats?
If one individual orders all ten seats, pays for the seats in one payment and they are delivered to one address, we may consider discounting the order, so long as it is not treading on a local dealers toes. Otherwise the words “logistical nightmare” becomes an understatement.

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've got my seats in my Emira and it transforms the vehicle.
B10XL-48.5 with Emira themed trim trim and our soon to be released specific Emira bracket and runner setup.
30 kg's saved overall but it can be more if the B7 or B9 are used.
I should have the prices soon and then I will release it officially but it's taking an age to get the bits made exactly the way I want them.
Cost for two should be similar to what you would spend protecting the paint but the effect is to make the feel and comfort better. You can tell when that 30 kg is missing.
Looks incredible! Can you share how you removed the seats and the connectors? Were you able to resolve the air bag light with a resistor?

Rhinocerosity

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've got my seats in my Emira and it transforms the vehicle.
B10XL-48.5 with Emira themed trim trim and our soon to be released specific Emira bracket and runner setup.
30 kg's saved overall but it can be more if the B7 or B9 are used.
I should have the prices soon and then I will release it officially but it's taking an age to get the bits made exactly the way I want them.
Cost for two should be similar to what you would spend protecting the paint but the effect is to make the feel and comfort better. You can tell when that 30 kg is missing.
Also any updates on availability? I want a set of these maybe more than I want the car itself...

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
Looks incredible! Can you share how you removed the seats and the connectors? Were you able to resolve the air bag light with a resistor?
Removing the seats is easy. Just four star drive M10 bolts in the floor. There are two connectors to prise apart.
The seats are heavy so the first time you take them out, take care to put the steering wheel back into the dash first. You take the seat outside with the belt still connected then remove the lower panel. Unbolt the seat belt outer buckle and receptor. The receptor has a wire that to remove needs the cable ties cutting. The rear lower fittings are removed and replace with M8 ones in our kit to fit our runners. The resistor I’ve fitted. I am still waiting on my car to go back to the dealer and be reset to see if this removes the light.
I’ve been told where to put it and the resistor to use but until they can reset the warning about the missing seat bags I can’t say it works for sure. I’ve been waiting for a warranty part for months so I’ve not had the opportunity to get it reset.
That said, I don’t even see the message now. For me the seats make the car complete, so it’s a worth having the airbag light on.

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
Also any updates on availability? I want a set of these maybe more than I want the car itself...
The Emira spec B10 seats are available now. We are taking orders. Well the black with coloured stitching is available. I am still struggling to get Lotus to give me permission to buy the colours from Bridge of Weir, where the leather comes from. They are not answering me and Bridge of Weir will not sell it without Lotus Okaying it.

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Removing the seats is easy. Just four star drive M10 bolts in the floor. There are two connectors to prise apart.
The seats are heavy so the first time you take them out, take care to put the steering wheel back into the dash first. You take the seat outside with the belt still connected then remove the lower panel. Unbolt the seat belt outer buckle and receptor. The receptor has a wire that to remove needs the cable ties cutting. The rear lower fittings are removed and replace with M8 ones in our kit to fit our runners. The resistor I’ve fitted. I am still waiting on my car to go back to the dealer and be reset to see if this removes the light.
I’ve been told where to put it and the resistor to use but until they can reset the warning about the missing seat bags I can’t say it works for sure. I’ve been waiting for a warranty part for months so I’ve not had the opportunity to get it reset.
That said, I don’t even see the message now. For me the seats make the car complete, so it’s a worth having the airbag light on.
Keep us posted on how you installed the resistor if it works! For the runners, are they the same size of that if the Evora?