Let's talk about the Emira's seats...

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ah that's nothing new. The seat covers are now outsourced instead of being stitched in factory.

But they are still put together (frame + foam + covers) within the Hethel factory.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Them some damn cool styled seats.

Would have been cool for Lotus to offer these styled seats ( even if manual only with zero powered adjustments) as a no cost option for those seeking a more hard core cabin feel and look on the First Edition cars, as opposed the the "Grand tourer" powered with added weight electric motors multi adjustable with memory Luxury current seats as the only option.

Just an idea.......IMO

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Them some damn cool styled seats.

Would have been cool for Lotus to offer these styled seats ( even if manual only with zero powered adjustments) as a no cost option for those seeking a more hard core cabin feel and look on the First Edition cars, as opposed the the "Grand tourer" powered with added weight electric motors multi adjustable with memory Luxury current seats as the only option.

Just an idea.......IMO
But that's not the Emira. It was specifically designed with the target of being a grand touring sports car to take on the Cayman. It's a new type of Lotus in that regard, and based on sales, a type we'll probably see more of.

695 to Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I would prefer to have manual seats. I’m the only person who will be driving it so they will not be moving until I get it serviced. Not necessary. Manual: Less weight , less cost, less to go wrong. I’d pay more for the option of manual seats, and I would prefer a more stripped out car but get it. Could never get the wife to agree to a Lotus before but she loves this one. So the market need for extra stuff I won’t use is the price I pay for a cool car.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The First Edition is the "all the options" version. Simpler seats available on Base Edition. Race seats coming soon from Tillett.

695 to Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The First Edition is the "all the options" version. Simpler seats available on Base Edition. Race seats coming soon from Tillett.
Thanks Tom. I ought to wait for the base but I am impatient. And I’d probably end up with ADAS and still be unable to delete cruise control and all that. FE lesser of the evils for me I think.

I’m a Luddite. 😂

Roll on mid September.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
But that's not the Emira. It was specifically designed with the target of being a grand touring sports car to take on the Cayman. It's a new type of Lotus in that regard, and based on sales, a type we'll probably see more of.

I agree with you 100% that the first edition is intended as a grand tourer......but just saying that it would be cool for Lotus to offer that type seat also as a no cost option to First edition buyers..... just as if Lotus would have offered a wider paint pallet of colors to First edition buyers.

Lotus could have possibly contracted with another supplier for a hard core manual seat, and offered it with the alcantera interior dash panels to the First Edition buyers. Just an idea.

Remember, the title of this thread is " lets talk about the EMIRA seats" Obviously, the seats are enough of a concern that a thread is active on that discussion .

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I agree with you 100% that the first edition is intended as a grand tourer......but just saying that it would be cool for Lotus to offer that type seat also as a no cost option to First edition buyers..... just as if Lotus would have offered a wider paint pallet of colors to First edition buyers.

Lotus could have possibly contracted with another supplier for a hard core manual seat, and offered it with the alcantera interior dash panels to the First Edition buyers. Just an idea.

Remember, the title of this thread is " lets talk about the EMIRA seats" Obviously, the seats are enough of a concern that a thread is active on that discussion .
I have to say I also cant see much point or extra comfort in electric seats.... an american import/ant/ed idea from years ago, but I think its a huge waste of money and weight and effort and parts and potential issues at some point. However, I am average height and these days below average weight, given the norm to be overweight, and hence I guess the slightly taller or larger frame maybe like electric seats. 2800 pounds (money not weight) or something like that for all electric in competitor cars.... insane. I'll be very interested to see and more so to sit in the bucket seats when they arrive along with the extra 30/50 Hp from the engine in the XXX version probably to be given some airtime snip bits late this year.. I'm 100% guessing and not referring to the GT.
Wrong thread, but I am now really thinking I went with the wrong colour in Red, but such poor work on Lotus's behalf to show us the real colours has lead me down that path, or rather has not lead me down any other path, BUT probably when I see it in the flesh it will be fine, problem is I have a blue one to use first and will probably see all the colours at the track at the end of July one way or another. Anyway, just rambling now, had lunch, so there you go.
Also, if values do hold very very well as people expect, although I still say in the EU its a different story.... then I may change to the bucketed seat, extra HP type when it gets announced and can then do the colour lottery again and can keep doing it until I get it right, or until I get an electric sports car (sorry for the bad language!) from Lotus or Porsche, which ever one (even jaguar who have made the best looking GT for the money over the last 10 years F type), looks and seems better.
I also hope the Heinz souppppped up version doesnt have a god awful spoiler on it..... more bad language... Rest in Peace

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Keep in mind when these decisions were made. This was long before the rollout last year. They had absolutely no idea the car would become the instant smash hit that it has. They were speccing it based on what they estimated they would need to take on the Cayman.

They were also quite aware of the sales history of their track-focused cars, which simply was not enough to keep the company viable. They needed to make a change, and it's pretty clear by the sales success of the Emira that they made the right decision. At least for now. Minimalist track-focused cars can be in the electric future, but based on the success of the Emira, I won't be at all surprised if they keep producing models that fit within the market that the Emira has tapped into. Business-wise they'd be crazy not to.

Electric adjustable seats with memory means more than one person in a family is likely to drive the car. Not typical of a bare bones track focused car, but certainly typical of a grand touring sports car. However it IS an option for the Emira, not standard, so those who don't want it don't have to buy it. They included basically all the options in the FE as the launch spec, because at the time that decision was made, they believed they would need that to entice buyers to consider the car compared to a Cayman or something else. If you don't have the benefit of hindsight, that makes perfect sense when you compare the sales history of Lotus to what they were wanting/hoping to achieve. Looking back, now we know they could have basically just started with the base model and an options list, and probably sold even more than they have due to the lower price point compared to the FE.

At any rate, water under the bridge. Thankfully the Emira has given them the revenue boost they needed to stay in business and grow towards the future.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Also bear in mind a production- and quality-led decision to limit the number of options and permutations so they could bed in all the build processes before offering more variation. Hence an FE spec with very few choices … but seemingly still enough choices to make it hard for people to choose!

The a la carte version will be along soon. In the meantime we've got the set menu.

Justin

Reaction score
Hi folks, been following this forum for a while but posting for the first time.

Question which hopefully someone here can help with:- Has anybody on the factory tour seen the red seats and can comment on the tone of the red leather? My preference of red is the bordeaux red interior of the 911, whereas the sparco red seat is too gaudy to my view. Been troubled on this wrt to my specs order.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome Justin. Also worth posting your question on the factory tour thread. I believe some did see the red interior.

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi folks, been following this forum for a while but posting for the first time.

Question which hopefully someone here can help with:- Has anybody on the factory tour seen the red seats and can comment on the tone of the red leather? My preference of red is the bordeaux red interior of the 911, whereas the sparco red seat is too gaudy to my view. Been troubled on this wrt to my specs order.
They are a nice medium red. Not dark like Bordeaux, but not a shouty in-your-face red either. It's a bit desaturated compared to some of the full red ones I've seen.

red-dash.PNG

Justin

Reaction score
They are a nice medium red. Not dark like Bordeaux, but not a shouty in-your-face red either. It's a bit desaturated compared to some of the full red ones I've seen.

View attachment 6193
Thanks Porter. Grateful for the assist. It’s comforting to know. Was torn between this and ice grey. Daily drive’s been a Bordeaux red interior for the past 8 years.

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks Porter. Grateful for the assist. It’s comforting to know. Was torn between this and ice grey. Daily drive’s been a Bordeaux red interior for the past 8 years.
I know the feeling! I have the Coral Red interior in my BMW 3 wagon and I'm very attached to it.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I vote ice grey but whatever floats your boat. Red makes me think of the 80's and white/ice grey is Tesla modern.

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Was also considering the red leather, saw it on the tour.... Not overly offensive and could look great! But decided for the ice grey.. The safer bet in my opinion👌