Let's talk about the Emira's seats...

Niffty951

Reaction score
Reference my original question on lumbar support. I found this on the website. Not sure if it's been added or I missed it but happy reading re-lumbar support:

"12 way fully electric seat, Electric fore /aft, height, tilt and recline adjustment. 4 way adjustable lumbar support. 2 pre set memory function on drivers seat and mirrors"

Also, agree on seats not 'needing' to be electric but having Porsche rivalling seats will make a big difference to me. It means it's a car I can drive where the Evora 400 isn't and there's no doubt in my mind lotus will release a more racy seat option at some point. Till then you can always buy an Evora 410 or 430

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Just saw a shot of the $225k McLaren Artura's seats and suddenly don't feel as bad about the Emira's.... 😂

Screenshot_20220608-084811_Instagram.jpg

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
To be fair the alcantara club sport artura seats look nice. These are the basic seats — wait till we find out what the basic Emira seats look like lol.

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have to say I also cant see much point or extra comfort in electric seats.... an american import/ant/ed idea from years ago, but I think its a huge waste of money and weight and effort and parts and potential issues at some point.
I guess that's fine if only you drive the car. My wife and I are different sizes and enjoy quite different driving positions - electric seats with memory are a very useful thing to have, so that we're not fiddling around trying to get our seating position just so before every drive.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I guess that's fine if only you drive the car. My wife and I are different sizes and enjoy quite different driving positions - electric seats with memory are a very useful thing to have, so that we're not fiddling around trying to get our seating position just so before every drive.
ok fair enough, wife or g/f /// shes not touching my emira... haha, unless its to wash it...
is that sexist?
I did let me female friend drive my Elise, she drove it faster than I did.... hah

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
ok fair enough, wife or g/f /// shes not touching my emira... haha, unless its to wash it...
is that sexist?
I did let me female friend drive my Elise, she drove it faster than I did.... hah
Wow, it just wouldn't occur to me to buy a car that we didn't both drive. Her fave is the 911 but she zips around in the Ferrari too. Only one she doesn't like is the Elise - she finds it uncomfortable.

Did mean I had to forgo the Goldrake race seats in the 488 (they're sized (S/M/L) so wouldn't have worked for both of us) but the full electrics are decently supportive, comfortable and work well nonetheless.

haaaake

Reaction score
I am the exact opposite. I am hoping I can get a great set of aftermarket seats to really set the car off and use on the track. For me it's not about Lotus getting that right, it's about doing upgrades that fit my personal taste and use. There is no racing seat that wouldn't look good in this car and be awesome to ride in.
Yeah agreed I am planning on getting some red alcantara Recaro Podiums for my Emira. Something a little crazier looking that will still fit the car well. Assuming it will fit.

1655857062193.png

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah agreed I am planning on getting some red alcantara Recaro Podiums for my Emira. Something a little crazier looking that will still fit the car well. Assuming it will fit.

View attachment 6701
Whoa.. Those certainly are crazy looking! A little too gamer chair for my tastes, but I'd certainly consider something more sporty than what we're getting. Something between a carbon bucket Tillet and the FE 12-ways for me.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

View attachment 6701

Yes. This is my plan too. I grew to like the uncompromised looks of previous Lotus models. I think the interior is a huge opportunity to modify the car. I think a racing seat would look great in the interior giving it a unique juxtaposition. I think the shift knob and the exposed linkage go great with this seat too.

HNG

Reaction score
Hi everyone, are there any new insights on the seats regarding height and fit - and potentially options?
I had the pleasure of a test drive this week: my first thought when I took off was „oh, this is quite high“; second the headrest is actually too low for me. Headroom however no problem.
I am 6‘2‘‘ with I would say normal proportions. When sitting in a 997/991 I always had the opposite feeling of sitting really low.
My fix in the Emira was to tilt back the seat into a more „lying“ position - but since then I wonder if this can be it? And of course that does not fix the backrest being too short. Also I certainly don’t need full electric adjustment in a sports car.
Looking forward to hear your thoughts.

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, are there any new insights on the seats regarding height and fit - and potentially options?
I had the pleasure of a test drive this week: my first thought when I took off was „oh, this is quite high“; second the headrest is actually too low for me. Headroom however no problem.
I am 6‘2‘‘ with I would say normal proportions. When sitting in a 997/991 I always had the opposite feeling of sitting really low.
My fix in the Emira was to tilt back the seat into a more „lying“ position - but since then I wonder if this can be it? And of course that does not fix the backrest being too short. Also I certainly don’t need full electric adjustment in a sports car.
Looking forward to hear your thoughts.

If you test drove an Emira it was likely the production seats. Did you use the power adjustment to lower them as low as possible?