Let's talk about the Emira's seats...

Russc

Reaction score
I`m seriously worried. Top gear review mentions the seating height is high and Lotus responded saying they were 20mm higher because of the motors needed.

Didn`t sound to me that they will be dropped the promised 20mm but will stay the same as the mule car. That was too high for me and i know a fair few people of the same height (not giant, nearly 6`3") had the same issue.

If that`s the case then it `ill mean i`d have to wait for a Base to not spec them. If that happens then i`m out. I won`t wait another 2 years just because they can`t put the right seats in :( I also don`t want to buy the car to then have to source some Evora seats to go in it.......

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I`m seriously worried. Top gear review mentions the seating height is high and Lotus responded saying they were 20mm higher because of the motors needed.

Didn`t sound to me that they will be dropped the promised 20mm but will stay the same as the mule car. That was too high for me and i know a fair few people of the same height (not giant, nearly 6`3") had the same issue.

If that`s the case then it `ill mean i`d have to wait for a Base to not spec them. If that happens then i`m out. I won`t wait another 2 years just because they can`t put the right seats in :( I also don`t want to buy the car to then have to source some Evora seats to go in it.......
Also 6'3" and was worried watching the Carfection review where he looks to be sitting quite high.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There are two seat options. The first edition comes with the „better“ one. Maybe this is the sports seat 🤷🏻‍♂️

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The only thing that still worries me is the seats too. I was promised the production seats would go lower and further back than the mule car. Now I'm not so sure. But Henry is tall and he had head room so guess i will have to wait.

Russc

Reaction score
The only thing that still worries me is the seats too. I was promised the production seats would go lower and further back than the mule car. Now I'm not so sure. But Henry is tall and he had head room so guess i will have to wait.
Yep, plenty of head room and i didn`t suffer with that at all. It`s the height of the windscreen that i had issues with and felt i`d have to hunch a bit to make sure my eye line wasn`t almost in line with the top of the screen. The mule seats were working when i sat in it and i had it as far back and low as it would go.

Sadly doesn`t sound like they`ve resolved it. Will have to wait until i can get into one but i`m not getting my hopes up yet.

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
That's the same issue I had the top of the windscreen header rail obstructed my view but I was assured the seats would go lower?.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm still concerned about the seats too, being Mr Picky when it comes to my driving position. For me there is nothing worse than feeling your are perched up 'on' the car rather than in it. Surely Lotus can't spend tens of millions developing the car and then get something so basic wrong as not being able to get the seat low enough? Cautiously optimistic they won't have screwed this up, but since I am in the June batch it seems highly unlikely I'll get to even sit in an Emira with the prod seats before delivery. Not ideal to put it mildly.

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
There may be sportier seats in the future, which is what I think they were referring to. The leather vs alcantara seats are likely the same seating position. I did hear the bit about "could be 20mm lower without the power motor" which was a little confusing because I thought the production seats would be lower than the roadshow car. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

I'm more worried about the transmission issue. A couple reviewers mentioned the shifting feeling off or needing a moment before fully engaging. That's not good.

Russc

Reaction score
That's the same issue I had the top of the windscreen header rail obstructed my view but I was assured the seats would go lower?.
Same, but from what i`ve seen so far and what top gear said/lotus reply it`s not looking hopeful.

Not a lot i/we can do until we can get inside a production model and see what`s there. If i can`t see then there`s a few choices, wait for the base to see if that`s different, buy different seats when it`s purchased or buy something else.

As much as it`s not the choice i want. It may well be something else :( I`m not waiting for a base and don`t fancy shelling out for different seats when i`m not sure the fitment/rails will be the same.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Same, but from what i`ve seen so far and what top gear said/lotus reply it`s not looking hopeful.

Not a lot i/we can do until we can get inside a production model and see what`s there. If i can`t see then there`s a few choices, wait for the base to see if that`s different, buy different seats when it`s purchased or buy something else.

As much as it`s not the choice i want. It may well be something else :( I`m not waiting for a base and don`t fancy shelling out for different seats when i`m not sure the fitment/rails will be the same.
I've even been looking at after market seats, but having to do that in a near 80k car is clearly bonkers. As well as the hassle of trying to get the trim to match and seat rails to fit, it could get into a world of grief with error codes being thrown if the standard seat bolster airbags are disconnected. Fingers crossed all that won't be needed.

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'll just go ahead and say it.. if it's great seats that we all want, they should have gone back to the Volvo parts bin and grabbed their seats. Best in the business. I had a V60 Polestar.. seats felt like they were custom molded to my body. Adjustable, supportive, supple yet held in aggressive driving. They certainly wouldn't have been as supportive as some of the sportier seats you are all referencing.. but damn they are comfortable. I think Volvo should just sell their seats to other car manufacturers. I'd by a honda or a camry if it came with upgraded "Volvo seats". They're literally that good.

Only problem is that I bet they weigh a ton.

[Slight edit/update] - The backseats of my Volvo V60 were more comfortable than the seats in my current E450. Like.. seriously.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Ditto this as the comment suggested a choice was / would be available.

I can't recall there being an option to choose a specific type of seats in the configurator, just material, colour and stitching. If so, I missed something.
You didn’t miss anything there was no option.

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Same here, although I fit inside Evora GT410 no problem however my eyesight was directly inline with the visors. BTW GT410 comes with manual bucket seats! So if it's that plus another 20cm for the motors it'll be unbearable for me.
I have recaro RI-Ds in my current bmw and they are way more comfortable than factory seats but I really hope I won't be needing the hussle for emira.
On the other side both 718 and 911 comes with motorized sports seat that's perfectly low, so it's not undoable, am I missing something here?

Justcallmemac

Reaction score
I've just had a call from Lotus to advise that my delivery date has been moved forward from September to August.

I mentioned the confusion and concern about the seat height and was advised that they would be lowered by 10mm (compared to the roadshow car) and not by the 20mm we were told to expect. I was told to "sit in an Evora" if I wanted to get an idea of what that means, as the seating position would be exactly the same. Not sure how representative that would actually be, model to model (along with differences in seat options where the Evora is concerned) , but, if the advice I received was accurate (and "don't shoot the messenger" ;)), then there will be a slight drop.

Hopefully the reviews of the final production car will confirm this, once they start to appear.

Last edited:

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've just had a call from Lotus to advise that my delivery date has been moved forward from September to August.

I mentioned the confusion and concern about the seat height and was advised that they would be lowered by 10mm (compared to the roadshow car) and not by the 20mm we were told to expect. I was told to "sit in an Evora" if I wanted to get an idea of what that means, as the seating position would be exactly the same. Not sure how representative that would actually be, model to model (along with differences in seat options where the Evora is concerned) , but, if the advice I received was accurate (and "don't shoot the messenger" ;)), then there will be a slight drop.

Hopefully the reviews of the final production car will confirm this, once they start to appear.
Thanks for the update. This does ratchet my concerns up a notch. The seats in the show car were way, way too high for me and would need to come down by far more than 10mm to be even remotely acceptable. And the Sparcos on the Evora GT410 were too high for me too. I just don't get why Lotus apparently can't sort out a proper low-slung sports car driving position for the Emira.

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Hi, can I ask when you paid your first deposit? Ta