Let's talk about the Emira's seats...

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
as above "the production seats will have more bolstering and a different interior fill material" so hopefully this is just an issue with the demo car
Is it even a “demo” car then?
Tough call on naming conventions here for future buyers.

More of a “spec” car unfortunately. :(

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Officially the grey car is a dynamic prototype, so pre-production. Lotus folks will happily explain to people at the roadshows which parts are prototype and not final version.

VS_emira

Reaction score
Very interesting thread, as I'm new to the Lotus world I have also a question regarding seating, do you think it will be possible to retrofit a street legal bucket seats with six-point seat belt?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Very interesting thread, as I'm new to the Lotus world I have also a question regarding seating, do you think it will be possible to retrofit a street legal bucket seats with six-point seat belt?
Steve Tillett is intending to produce race seats for the Emira. He’s done ones for other Lotus cars that are well-regarded. He’s also buying an Emira for his own use.

Nonoyeah

Reaction score
Steve Tillett is intending to produce race seats for the Emira. He’s done ones for other Lotus cars that are well-regarded. He’s also buying an Emira for his own use.

Count me in to purchase!

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The seats look different ( to me) in profile. Larger headrest ?
Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 8.49.31 PM.png

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A bit clearer in these pics from Car & Driver, but still not the finalised seats:

2022-lotus-emira-prototype-115-1646686278.jpg

2022-lotus-emira-prototype-116-1646686277.jpg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's right. Happy with how that's looking. It's primarily the interior bolstering still being tweaked, the external look is very close.

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
That shift boot still looks terrible. And where's the contrast stitching? I've seen officially released interior shots showing contrast stitching on the visors, but have yet to see that anywhere else.

8-Lotus-Emira-road.jpg

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That shift boot still looks terrible. And where's the contrast stitching? I've seen officially released interior shots showing contrast stitching on the visors, but have yet to see that anywhere else.

8-Lotus-Emira-road.jpg
#ForThePrototype

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
We'll see.
I should have said:

“I agree. It’s terrible. Good news, Lotus has a lot of folks badmouthing this POS prototype BS, and as a result they’ll be able to prioritize all the specific feedback they’re getting.”

#ForTheExcuses

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I should have said:

“I agree. It’s terrible. Good news, Lotus has a lot of folks badmouthing this POS prototype BS, and as a result they’ll be able to prioritize all the specific feedback they’re getting.”

#ForTheExcuses

Too late for the First Editions, since production began today.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Too late for the First Editions, since production began today.
Imagine that.
Billion dollar company doesn’t make them amazing when they have complete control and could…
That would suck big time.

#ForTheFingerCrossers

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Notice in the Top Gear video he says "we have the less aggressively bolstered comfort seats"...is there an option of non-comfort or sport seats???

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Let's talk about these Emira First Editions seats.. I can't help but notice just how bland and cheap they appear (especially the full leather on the shadow grey demo). They certainly don't appear to be from a $94k exotic sports car. Their comfort and placement has been a common complaint from roadshow attendees. Apparently they aren't finalized production versions (they will be ~20mm lower and softer), but I can't see them visually changing much over the official promo shots. Has anyone heard where they are sourced?

View attachment 1044View attachment 1047

In comparison, the Evora seats (sourced from Recaro and Sparco) are works of art. Not just the aggressive bolsters, but the proper harness slots and beautifully stitched "GT" and Lotus crest. Where the GT seats have beautiful carbon backs, the Emira is black plastic. I'm also assuming the 12-way adjustables in the Emira FE add a lot of unwanted weight. Comfort is subjective, but I feel the Evora's seats provide excellent support from the bolsters while taking high speed turns. The 12-way adjustable Emira seats don't allow for side bolster adjustment at all.

View attachment 1045View attachment 1043

View attachment 1048

I suppose the Emira is targeting a different audience than their previous cars.. more of a luxury sport vehicle than a track ready sports car? I can hope for sportier seats in a future Emira GT. Along with carbon options and more paint choices too.
Oh yearh they look very nice 👌🏻 and sportier

Justcallmemac

Reaction score
Notice in the Top Gear video he says "we have the less aggressively bolstered comfort seats"...is there an option of non-comfort or sport seats???
Ditto this as the comment suggested a choice was / would be available.

I can't recall there being an option to choose a specific type of seats in the configurator, just material, colour and stitching. If so, I missed something.