• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Let's talk about the Emira's seats...

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
This lumbar thing.. IIRC, it pushed the lumbar bar up and down and in and out?!

What more can it be expected to do? Tickle Uranus?
All backs are different. As a lower back expert sufferer, best is a flat back an a small cushion that suits your needs. Lumbar support is almost an unnecessary feature because the height, pressure and shape simply doesn't fit individual needs.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think mine must have been broken...
The B&C demo car’s lumbar support button seemed to be wired up wrong.
The in/out was moving it up/down and vice versa.
The lump was sticking in my back initially but I managed to adjust it away.
Maybe a common fault?

Last edited:

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ha. Oh dear. I didnt' notice it when I drove the B&C car.

I drove the hethel one for a couple of hours so I adjusted that one from the off - it worked fine.

SuperBusa

Reaction score
All backs are different. As a lower back expert sufferer, best is a flat back an a small cushion that suits your needs. Lumbar support is almost an unnecessary feature because the height, pressure and shape simply doesn't fit individual needs.
Absolutely agree, some of the best seats I've ever had where in a motorhome and were made by one of the Italian manufacturers like Recaro. All they had was forwards / back and tilt movement. Could drive all day and get out fresh as a daisy. And I suffer big time with my back. Had to put a pad in Yaris GR seat. 🤔

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I tell ya, one of the best car seats I've sat in recently is in a recent Nissan Maxima. I've sat in cushy seats before, but never one that didn't flatten after 4 hours into a 10-hour road trip. This thing was so comfy.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
The amount of "bad backs" on this forum makes me wonder what the average age of a Lotus customer is.......🤣🤣
or the average weight, activity, steps per day, sports and stretching..
maybe we should start yoga classes for lotus drivers

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The amount of "bad backs" on this forum makes me wonder what the average age of a Lotus customer is.......🤣🤣
I laughed a little because I test drove the Emira right after I threw out my back. Seats were okay to me :)

I’m still in my 30s, just long history of back injuries from sports.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Also in my 30s, but my back hurts from sitting in front of my computer on this forum too much. 😂
Hahaha. Nothing like The Back Mechanic by Stuart McGill. Check it out. An actual scientist that does stress testing with cadavers and knows what he is talking about. None of those TiKTok "doctors"

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I feel a poll coming on...
Or check out the previous one:

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hahaha. Nothing like The Back Mechanic by Stuart McGill. Check it out. An actual scientist that does stress testing with cadavers and knows what he is talking about. None of those TiKTok "doctors"
You're saying this guy is bonefide?