Launch Edition colour samples

rich64

Reaction score
I have taken samples from the various "6 colour patches" provided at yesterday's viewing. The one that seemed to be vastly different from the configerater was Magma Red. One of those photos (and there are many) showed the Magma Red half in shade and half in direct sunlight. I matched the colours in photoshop and I think it's going to be closer to this version below. If that is true, it is a game changer for me. I was 90% Hethel Yellow prior and now can't wait to see the sample myself. Of course without a "grey card" for calibration in the sample photo I could be slightly off. I am currently 90% Magma Red preference. Light makes a huge difference as well.

View attachment 498
I was going for Hethel yellow as well until I saw how it looked like an old Elise colour. I think I may change up to the Magma red as well. With the darker colour it just about doesn't need the back roof. (NZ)

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
You’re very correct about all you say mate.
The biggest issue for me is the extremely poor communication from Lotus and the average or changing information or lack there off. I truly want to see them succeed but I feel they are trying to run before they even walk per say and getting it wrong along the way.

In business you can no longer fake it till you make it. Customers will take $$$ elsewhere that Simple.
Thanks and agree with most of what you say. I think Lotus themselves have been taken by surprise by the demand, which is what many people call a "good problem" but it's still a problem nonetheless.

Rapidly scaling EVERYTHING to meet the demand is far from easy and I've no doubt Lotus will lose some deposit holders through not being able to adapt quickly enough.

Supply chain factory, training, testing, operations, sales, marketing, PR, aftersales, branding and design and senior mgmt will all be running very hard indeed to resize the business to suit and will simply not be able to adapt everything as quickly as they would like.

It may also be the case that people who buy from other brands are used to different types of CX (customer experience) and launches and if the Lotus experience does not float anyone's boat then only they can decide what they want to do next and no-one can judge anyone for that, it's a personal call.

I want the whole buying experience to be as enjoyable and rewarding as possible and, like you and many others I am hungry for more information, although Laura at Parks Lotus has been great.

I am hopeful that a lot of things will become clearer in the next few weeks, but i have decided I am fully committed and am prepared to cut them a bit of slack, within reason.

So, a bit more information, as you said, would be great but i also dont want them to make the mistake of caving in under pressure and making commitments they cant honour - a greater sin in my book.

We are all lucky people to have such "first world problems" to worry about! 😁

torstin

Reaction score
NASA sees the moon. I see Emira swatch

Attachments

• 226CD4B7-934D-4B2C-8FD1-8B9FDDB73290.jpeg
    226CD4B7-934D-4B2C-8FD1-8B9FDDB73290.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 92

AlexB

Reaction score
I have 4 pages of notes and about 70 photos, had over an hour with the Lotus folks running through all my questions, then access to the car and samples for another hour. It's going to take a bit of time to write up. I think I might just put it all in one new thread to start with, then post relevant bits into existing topics, such as confirmation I now have on the suspension.
Hey @TomE - would love to see this write up but not sure if it's seen the light of day yet? Sorry if I've missed it!

Reactions: DJW

Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Adding to the discussion, is it just me or is the grey leather MUCH darker in real life than it appears on the configurator?

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hey @TomE - would love to see this write up but not sure if it's seen the light of day yet? Sorry if I've missed it!
You haven’t missed it, I have! Had some other priorities to deal with, will get to it hopefully this evening.

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So some photos taken today , outside in bright sunshine around 13:30, with a piece of white card and light grey (smaller piece) for anyone to have a go at white balance.

I have processed white Balance in PS on iPhone as “dayLight”

Didn’t bother with blue, as car was there to see , or dark grey

I tried to take from different angles as made a large difference on verdant for example.

Green at Angle that really shows off colour and sparkle

B5ABC7AD-302F-4DA2-AE45-06BCBFD5038C.jpeg
BED3645E-2FC5-4183-9F3D-728CD30DA3F3.jpeg

Yet look from a slightly different angle and this is the result.

6A29F0BD-1C0F-4DC1-8B58-7DF9CF390C0A.jpeg

Last edited:

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Finally seat colours, taken indoors, first with white balance of fluorescent light, the 2nd daylight. Maybe someone with version of photoshop that allows white balance to be selected based on white or grey car, could post up their version

1EFFC2A7-5B26-4061-99AB-3BE131773204.jpeg
055A30F6-82D5-4F2B-BE31-CD23BB3E8A14.jpeg

Last edited:

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yellow , mix of colour incl one of the lighter grey View attachment 732View attachment 733View attachment 734
Thanks Tom, those are great - only a few days to wait until I view first-hand at Parks on Friday! For anyone looking, it is worth noting that while there is a good degree of metallic sparkle visible in these small samples, the effect will be somewhat watered down when seen in a large expanse - such as a whole car... What does remain, however, is the accentuated colour-shift that you get on the bodywork thanks to the metallic component in the paint, meaning areas in shadow appear darker and highlights appear brighter, which really helps to show off those luscious Emira curves.

This effect will, of course, be amplified in the bright sunlight of California, Australia, etc compared to my own more dimly lit Scotland!

Reactions: Rob

Rob

Reaction score
So some photos taken today , outside in bright sunshine around 13:30, with a piece of white card and light grey (smaller piece) for anyone to have a go at white balance.

I have processed white Balance in PS on iPhone as “dayLight”

Didn’t bother with blue, as car was there to see , or dark grey

I tried to take from different angles as made a large difference on verdant for example.

Green at Angle that really shows off colour and sparkle

View attachment 722View attachment 724

Yet look from a slightly different angle and this is the result.

View attachment 721
Thanks for the pics, continues to confirm my green colour choice 👍

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Agree. Was up top of my list but not now.

Red, on the other hand is looking good. Spanner in the works.
I only say it as I chose black ⚫ for my M2 Comp which is a curvy little beast and it completely killed the lines. Those darker colours are also a pig 🐖 to keep looking clean and avoid swirls and hollogramming and the like :(

kbhoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So today I got to see the Emira FE 6 colour samples at SSC Melbourne Australia. The samples only got here in the last day or so. I took photos using a “grey card” but even then, there were differences due to lighting etc. I shot in shade, full sun and fluorescent and some with bounce flash. Much has been said about the colours from our European and USA friends, but I thought I would post the results anyway. A few comments from my point of view. The non-metallic “Hethel Yellow” is very close to “Norfolk Mustard – this is the colour I have chosen for my Emira. I had an S1 Elise and it was metallic “Norfolk Mustard” but 20 years on its still looks a great blend of yellow with a hit or orange. There happened to be a “Solar Yellow” Elise in the shop for comparison but in the bright Melbourne summer sun – it looks similar also. I also compared “Magma Red” with my current S3 Exige “Ardent Red” in another photo. It would be my second choice but at night it would be too dark for my liking, but it certainly will pop in sunlight. To be honest I think all these colours will look great on the car. It's all down to personal choice.
20211216-IMG_1797.jpg

Attachments

• 20211216-IMG_1798.jpg
    20211216-IMG_1798.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 181
  • 20211216-IMG_1801.jpg
    20211216-IMG_1801.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 20211216-IMG_1802.jpg
    20211216-IMG_1802.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 210
  • 20211216-IMG_1812.jpg
    20211216-IMG_1812.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 228
  • 20211216-IMG_1818 (Custom).jpg
    20211216-IMG_1818 (Custom).jpg
    110 KB · Views: 212

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So today I got to see the Emira FE 6 colour samples at SSC Melbourne Australia. The samples only got here in the last day or so. I took photos using a “grey card” but even then, there were differences due to lighting etc. I shot in shade, full sun and fluorescent and some with bounce flash. Much has been said about the colours from our European and USA friends, but I thought I would post the results anyway. A few comments from my point of view. The non-metallic “Hethel Yellow” is very close to “Norfolk Mustard – this is the colour I have chosen for my Emira. I had an S1 Elise and it was metallic “Norfolk Mustard” but 20 years on its still looks a great blend of yellow with a hit or orange. There happened to be a “Solar Yellow” Elise in the shop for comparison but in the bright Melbourne summer sun – it looks similar also. I also compared “Magma Red” with my current S3 Exige “Ardent Red” in another photo. It would be my second choice but at night it would be too dark for my liking, but it certainly will pop in sunlight. To be honest I think all these colours will look great on the car. It's all down to personal choice.View attachment 1883
This is artful and helpful.
Glad you got to check them out. It should help others there. Cheers.