Launch Edition colour samples

RapidLotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'll wait until my dealer actually gets the samples in FL. Hopefully the samples delivered to the dealer ACUALLY match the cars when they come in. Looking at colors online are never accurate.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'll wait until my dealer actually gets the samples in FL. Hopefully the samples delivered to the dealer ACUALLY match the cars when they come in. Looking at colors online are never accurate.
That's the smart call, we could all drive ourselves crazy second-guessing our own choices until we see the colours in the flesh! (Having said that, it is fun to chat about all things Emira...)

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
OK, a better picture in daylight. The green in particular is clearer

FE colours daylight.jpg

Singularity

Reaction score
OK, a better picture in daylight. The green in particular is clearer

View attachment 481
Thanks for these TomE - the sunlight makes the colours look different from most other photos. They are still nothing like the configurator though!

Was leaning to the red but now not so sure cos’ it looks very bright; green with tan leather would be classy but perhaps too understated for a shape like the Emira; so maybe will end up with yellow (if I have the courage!).

RapidLotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes, sunlight makes a huge difference. I wonder what effect different types of artificial lighting will have on these colors at night. Or maybe cloudy days vs bright sun. My Chrome Orange Elise has so many variances, it is unbelievable. I'll probably end up with yellow, just wish it was metallic.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Samples of the six First Edition colours from the UK dealer roadshows. More pictures to follow…

View attachment 463
If someone would take a grey card take a picture of it with the color samples it would help us all to make sure it’s at least color acurrate. Bonus for uploading a RAW file of the same

vcappp

Reaction score
Lotus should offer Black for the First Edition. Black exterior looks good on Emira.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I know green is understated but that's why I love it. Can't have everyone thinking I am driving a Supercar or something so the red and yellow are out.

kbhoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have taken samples from the various "6 colour patches" provided at yesterday's viewing. The one that seemed to be vastly different from the configerater was Magma Red. One of those photos (and there are many) showed the Magma Red half in shade and half in direct sunlight. I matched the colours in photoshop and I think it's going to be closer to this version below. If that is true, it is a game changer for me. I was 90% Hethel Yellow prior and now can't wait to see the sample myself. Of course without a "grey card" for calibration in the sample photo I could be slightly off. I am currently 90% Magma Red preference. Light makes a huge difference as well.

Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 5.26.26 pm.png

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I have taken samples from the various "6 colour patches" provided at yesterday's viewing. The one that seemed to be vastly different from the configerater was Magma Red. One of those photos (and there are many) showed the Magma Red half in shade and half in direct sunlight. I matched the colours in photoshop and I think it's going to be closer to this version below. If that is true, it is a game changer for me. I was 90% Hethel Yellow prior and now can't wait to see the sample myself. Of course without a "grey card" for calibration in the sample photo I could be slightly off. I am currently 90% Magma Red preference. Light makes a huge difference as well.

View attachment 498
Possible game-changer for me too, nice work! Black roof with this for me though, it transforms the entire flow of the design.

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score

View attachment 498
This is great !!!
I know it’s a big ask but is there any way you could do this with the nimbus grey and black pack 🤣🙌👌🏽

AndySXV

Reaction score

View attachment 498
This is perfect, I was same as you, going 100% yellow, I was at B&C yesterday and now leaning towards the Red, your render is a great representation, I went down in the wifes Micra which is Passion Red, the Magma is very similar, nothing like the online colours at all!

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have a stack of pictures from the dealer roadshow today including all the colour samples in sunny daylight and with some of the samples resting on similarly-coloured Lotus cars. I also have notes on the type of metallic fleck in each. I'll post up later once I've reviewed/edited. It hasn't made the choices any easier!

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have a stack of pictures from the dealer roadshow today including all the colour samples in sunny daylight and with some of the samples resting on similarly-coloured Lotus cars. I also have notes on the type of metallic fleck in each. I'll post up later once I've reviewed/edited. It hasn't made the choices any easier!
Been looking forward to your post all day :)

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have 4 pages of notes and about 70 photos, had over an hour with the Lotus folks running through all my questions, then access to the car and samples for another hour. It's going to take a bit of time to write up. I think I might just put it all in one new thread to start with, then post relevant bits into existing topics, such as confirmation I now have on the suspension.