Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
And these are against similar coloured cars:

Magma Red on Fire Red:

View attachment 520
View attachment 521

Verdant Green on Motorsport Green - this really shows how the colour changes from almost black to metallic green depending on the light, very like Empire Green on the Lotus Carlton

View attachment 522
View attachment 523

Hethel Yellow on Solar Yellow

View attachment 524
View attachment 525
View attachment 526

Shadow Grey: bluey fleck

Seneca Blue: silver fleck

Magma Red: copper/gold fleck

Nimbus Grey: silver fleck and the colour is more silver than grey

Verdant Green: small fine copper/gold fleck

Hethel Yellow: solid colour
Brilliant thinking on color depiction. Much obliged.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Saw the colour samples last night and to be honest disappointed that the Nimbus grey simply looks like a silver, certainly not a warm or putty grey that it is in the configurator. But that's under the indoor lighting at B&C, these exterior shots are helpful but it's hard to tell if the Nimbus is over exposed and blown out in the shot or less specular and more diffuse as hoped. Some other shots do show it looking like a warm grey...much confusion

Leaning towards the green, appears to vary from almost black to a nice almost aquamarine green, that variation with light incidence will work well on the curves - though might be a bit dull in flatter light.

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have 4 pages of notes and about 70 photos, had over an hour with the Lotus folks running through all my questions, then access to the car and samples for another hour. It's going to take a bit of time to write up. I think I might just put it all in one new thread to start with, then post relevant bits into existing topics, such as confirmation I now have on the suspension.
@TomE Eagerly awaits the questions and answers , as from TLF seems we had some similar ones :)

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
They have spent millions on factory and new modern paint shop and can’t paint metallic yellow? They managed it on the Evija and on prior cars. They should sort this out, if for nothing else it’s a classic Lotus colour (and the one I wanted to order!)

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
the blue looks a lot like Rapid Blue Corvette - can't tell if it has a slight pearl in it or is it a flat paint...? The Nimbus looks almost like an off-white pearl - would that be a correct observation...?
When I saw it my immediate visual reaction for the nimbus was ‘well that’s just silver’. Just my opinion.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@TomE Eagerly awaits the questions and answers , as from TLF seems we had some similar ones :)
Yes, I’ll hopefully get to it tonight. Had hoped to do it last night but diverted by my birthday celebrations!

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They have spent millions on factory and new modern paint shop and can’t paint metallic yellow? They managed it on the Evija and on prior cars. They should sort this out, if for nothing else it’s a classic Lotus colour (and the one I wanted to order!)
They were painted in the previous manual paint shop. The Evija is a three layer pearlescent and very expensive.

They will do it and will have a wider colour range. But not for V6 First Edition.

I’ve been pushing on this since the launch and for example can’t even pay extra to have a previously-used colour. That used to be an option for a few thousand.

JMcP92

Reaction score
Thanks @TomE for getting these real world photos, particularly from those of us out of the UK who won't see anything until 2022.

I'm super disappointed in the green, I was looking forward to that as an option but the green on the Exige it sits on is so much nicer!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
They were painted in the previous manual paint shop. The Evija is a three layer pearlescent and very expensive.

They will do it and will have a wider colour range. But not for V6 First Edition.

I’ve been pushing on this since the launch and for example can’t even pay extra to have a previously-used colour. That used to be an option for a few thousand.
In case anyone has not worked it out, the whole reason for doing a fixed spec first edition is to get the production line up and running quickly and efficiently without the added complexity of each car being a custom build. This makes training easier and gets quality and output up more quickly.

In return for accepting a locked-down first spec, you get a discounted package of extras. I suspect that is why the won't entertain approaches for custom colours at this stage, even if offering to pay a premium.

The locked down spec also helps their supply chain as all they need to do initially is just keep supplying the same items at a constant rate.

Most manufacturers do this and the clever marketing people manage to flip it into a desirable limited edition proposition....

But ultimately it should be viewed as a win-win for manufacturer and customer.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
In case anyone has not worked it out, the whole reason for doing a fixed spec first edition is to get the production line up and running quickly and efficiently without the added complexity of each car being a custom build. This makes training easier and gets quality and output up more quickly.

In return for accepting a locked-down first spec, you get a discounted package of extras. I suspect that is why the won't entertain approaches for custom colours at this stage, even if offering to pay a premium.

The locked down spec also helps their supply chain as all they need to do initially is just keep supplying the same items at a constant rate.

Most manufacturers do this and the clever marketing people manage to flip it into a desirable limited edition proposition....

You’re very correct about all you say mate.
The biggest issue for me is the extremely poor communication from Lotus and the average or changing information or lack there off. I truly want to see them succeed but I feel they are trying to run before they even walk per say and getting it wrong along the way.

In business you can no longer fake it till you make it. Customers will take $$$ elsewhere that Simple.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You’re very correct about all you say mate.
The biggest issue for me is the extremely poor communication from Lotus and the average or changing information or lack there off. I truly want to see them succeed but I feel they are trying to run before they even walk per say and getting it wrong along the way.

In business you can no longer fake it till you make it. Customers will take $$$ elsewhere that Simple.
Absolutely right. There are multiple other options in the marketplace that people can go purchase today….no waiting for 18 months to get precisely what you want, and you will be made to feel special while you’re doing it. When someone is putting down $100K of disposable income on what is essentially an unnecessary purchase, they deserve an exceptional experience all around. If they don’t get it from Lotus they will get it from somewhere else.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Absolutely right. There are multiple other options in the marketplace that people can go purchase today….no waiting for 18 months to get precisely what you want, and you will be made to feel special while you’re doing it. When someone is putting down $100K of disposable income on what is essentially an unnecessary purchase, they deserve an exceptional experience all around. If they don’t get it from Lotus they will get it from somewhere else.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out ......

and let me help by walking you to the door...... https://www.porsche.com/uk/

Last edited:

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Sorry if I struck a chord. As I’ve said several times before, I really want Lotus to have success. They’ve designed what looks to be an outstanding car, and frankly, the automotive world is better with lotus in it. In my profession, criticism is not a bad thing, and indeed, the most successful among us seek it out early and often. If I was the only one expressing disappointment and even some concern, you’d be justified in calling me out. But I’m not. Food for thought.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Sorry if I struck a chord. As I’ve said several times before, I really want Lotus to have success. They’ve designed what looks to be an outstanding car, and frankly, the automotive world is better with lotus in it. In my profession, criticism is not a bad thing, and indeed, the most successful among us seek it out early and often. If I was the only one expressing disappointment and even some concern, you’d be justified in calling me out. But I’m not. Food for thought.
Understood, peace and love for you, my brother !!

May you have a blessed day.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Make sure you go past hethel and collect your $200 when you pass go. Ignorance and lack of depth are seriously evident on your behalf with that response to a person putting forward a valid opinion. Now you go have a blessed and lovely day as well smart ass.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

This is a wise observation.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

I’m a lotus newb but really hope that this forum doesn’t devolve into the cult of saying only positive things or being castigated.

There are Tesla fanbois for that.

Constructive criticism is worth listening to, even if you disagree with it.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m a lotus newb but really hope that this forum doesn’t devolve into the cult of saying only positive things or being castigated.

There are Tesla fanbois for that.

Constructive criticism is worth listening to, even if you disagree with it.
Absolutely concur mate. Everyone is allowed to state any opinion with respect no matter what it is. Proud to be part of this forum. Have a wonderful weekend mate.