Just had confirmatory email

Just had my follow up email requesting finalisation of my spec before 6 May for a September build / October delivery. Was informed that this place me around a months worth of delay compared to their original estimation (which had never been conveyed to me anyway) I placed my deposit on 14 July last year.

I have not been asked for a third deposit payment. I was told we would be contacted 30 days before delivery to discuss final payment and financing options.

FWIW I rang customer services and was told that a change of colour would be unlikely to alter my delivery date (pondering a DV to Nimbus move) and the lady confirmed that test drives would likely only be available in late June or early July (still later than the designated launch timetable of "Spring" but hey ho.

I can start to get excited now.

OP
Kentviking

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Congrats! What was your spec?
V6 Manual FE touring
DV (maybe changing it to Nimbus)
lower black pack
diamond cut wheels
red calipers
tan interior with fake suede steering wheel
homelink
tracker
privacy

daveparky84

Reaction score
V6 Manual FE touring
DV (maybe changing it to Nimbus)
lower black pack
diamond cut wheels
red calipers
tan interior with fake suede steering wheel
homelink
tracker
privacy

Can we actually change the colour on our order after they’ve been confirmed? I’ve specced nimbus but still really love DV.. I’d potentially change if I could

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Just had my follow up email requesting finalisation of my spec before 6 May for a September build / October delivery. Was informed that this place me around a months worth of delay compared to their original estimation (which had never been conveyed to me anyway) I placed my deposit on 14 July last year.

I have not been asked for a third deposit payment. I was told we would be contacted 30 days before delivery to discuss final payment and financing options.

FWIW I rang customer services and was told that a change of colour would be unlikely to alter my delivery date (pondering a DV to Nimbus move) and the lady confirmed that test drives would likely only be available in late June or early July (still later than the designated launch timetable of "Spring" but hey ho.

Chuffed for you, and congrats on your positive outlook - the excitement will indeed build!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can we actually change the colour on our order after they’ve been confirmed? I’ve specced nimbus but still really love DV.. I’d potentially change if I could
If you push hard enough I don’t see why not but you’ll need to ask your dealer. For some reason they wanted everything locked down in January for all down under orders.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations!

That aligns with what we knew when they stopped the last round of calls and before this recent delay was announced. We had been expected deposits after 12 July to mean September delivery batch, so October is your one month delay.

The dropped the third deposit when they started calling people about the first (June) delivery batch.

I grew up in Hildenborough and my mum is in Crowborough, so know your neck of the (Hundred Acre) woods well.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That aligns with what we knew when they stopped the last round of calls and before this recent delay was announced. We had been expected deposits after 12 July to mean September delivery batch, so October is your one month delay.
But doesn't explain why I who placed a deposit on 7th July got email on 20th April delaying me to July 2022 as expected and then today 29th April got another email further delaying me to completion in September 2022 / Handover in October 2022

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Same day I ordered mine and had the same email today. Spec is close to yours too.. I’m in Keston nr Bromley and sounds like you’re fairly local too. I’ve delayed to April 23 so sound be great to see your car if possible.

Scmjea

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Got my email today too paid my deposit 16th July and they estimate October build and November delivery. I’m V6 Manual.

I also rang them to check a couple of things and was told proper pictures would be released well before end of May, which is helpful as that’s my cutoff date. I got the sense the leaked pictures meant the marketing department were keen to get proper shots out PDQ. Also explained test drives were likely to be late May/early June.

Now I just need to finalise the colour which is proving to be seriously difficult.

John

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I also rang them to check a couple of things and was told proper pictures would be released well before end of May, which is helpful as that’s my cutoff date. I got the sense the leaked pictures meant the marketing department were keen to get proper shots out PDQ. Also explained test drives were likely to be late May/early June.
If true, this is welcome news indeed. Hopefully the "photogate" episode from this week did light a fire under the comms team to break out the camera and snap some decent shots (on a sunny day hopefully). While I'm sure some dealer got a serious "dressing down", the photos this week sparked some intense excitement. I can only imagine the fervor when we see some properly staged and lit shots.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
But doesn't explain why I who placed a deposit on 7th July got email on 20th April delaying me to July 2022 as expected and then today 29th April got another email further delaying me to completion in September 2022 / Handover in October 2022
That’s odd. What’s your spec? Have you got auto gearbox?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi everyone

Got my email today too paid my deposit 16th July and they estimate October build and November delivery. I’m V6 Manual.

Now I just need to finalise the colour which is proving to be seriously difficult.

John
I’d love to be optimistic and take this as accurate. But I think Customer Care aren’t up to date.

Dealers have been told this week they won’t get demo cars until late June/early July. CC have been saying photos will be “soon, next month” since October. Perhaps this week will finally push them to doing it.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That’s odd. What’s your spec? Have you got auto gearbox?
No manual V6, Magma Red with Full Black Pack, Yellow Callipers, Diamond Cut Wheels, Black Alcantara with yellow stitching, Leather steering wheel, Vehicle tracker, Privacy Glass

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That’s very odd, nothing in there that’s extra delayed. What have CC said about the longer delay?

Might be worth a chat with Scott.

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Had anyone with an Auto V6 that placed 1st deposit in and around 9th July had an email stating a December delivery?