MikeR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What car did they have last year?

Hope like F1 they don't complain the safety car is too slow 🤣
McLaren.
British GT runs two classes GT3 and GT4 each to a Balance of Performance (BoP) formula. Roughly 550 and 450 bhp respectively.

Last edited:

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Sounds kind of like a 4 banger

Well this video didn't link correctly for some reason for FB. I guess most people who heard it there were not happy with the exhaust sound, despite it being the V6.

Last edited:

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There was an extended yellow flag in Round 2 of the Oulton Park race that gave the Emira Safety car some decent on-screen time. IMO it holds up pretty well looks-wise against some pretty radical GT3 cars. A bit more ground clearance, though! As an aside, those Mercedes GT3 cars look pretty terrifying - it looks like the #6 is going to eat the Emira if it catches it. :p

Last edited:
OP
MikeR

MikeR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Sounds kind of like a 4 banger

Well this video didn't link correctly for some reason for FB. I guess most people who heard it there were not happy with the exhaust sound, despite it being the V6.
Happily going to have to disagree Nicolas. I was there all day and very happy with how it sounded. Nor did I see or hear any evidence to support a guess that ‘most’ were not happy. However, I can say that phone recording does not do it justice.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Happily going to have to disagree Nicolas. I was there all day and very happy with how it sounded. Nor did I see or hear any evidence to support a guess that ‘most’ were not happy. However, I can say that phone recording does not do it justice.
Just going by people's responses to the guy's post on FB. Just sounds odd in this clip. Glad to hear you thought it sounded good 👍

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There was an extended yellow flag in Round 2 of the Oulton Park race that gave the Emira Safety car some decent on-screen time. IMO it holds up pretty well looks-wise against some pretty radical GT3 cars. A bit more ground clearance, though! As an aside, those Mercedes GT3 cars look pretty terrifying - it looks like the #6 is going to eat the Emira if it catches it. :p
Responses were super positive to the Emira in the YT chat on the stream.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Oh the humanity wheel gap! my eyes!! :)

Also, all the camera operators should be fired... utterly failed to follow the Emira around each corner :rolleyes: