Just got the call for my US Order!

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just got the call from my dealer (Las Vegas) that they are ready to take my order. I have a week to finalize my config and then am locked in from that point forward. A little concerned given I didn't love what I saw in the reviews today, but I have a feeling I just have to trust the "Lotus" brand and heritage and take the plunge! Hot diggity dog! Now, off the the pharmacy to get some sleep meds, because I'm gonna be up all night rocking back and forth like a junkie in front the configurator if I don't.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations! Let us know what you end up choosing.

Reactions: JKP

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congrats, were you asked to put additional money down?

firstlotus

Reaction score
Just got the call from my dealer (Las Vegas) that they are ready to take my order. I have a week to finalize my config and then am locked in from that point forward. A little concerned given I didn't love what I saw in the reviews today, but I have a feeling I just have to trust the "Lotus" brand and heritage and take the plunge! Hot diggity dog! Now, off the the pharmacy to get some sleep meds, because I'm gonna be up all night rocking back and forth like a junkie in front the configurator if I don't.
Does the dealer have the paint & fabric color samples for you to look at yet...?

OP
J

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Do they have the color samples yet for you to look at..?
I actually moved to Dallas, TX since ordering the car. I visited the Dallas dealer last week and they do have the color discs and interior samples there. They were good to see in person, but I think the configurator is more helpful, as you can actually see the color on the car even if not 100% precise. After lamenting over this for months, I think all the colors could look great and its really personal taste. The one comment I will make is that the Blue, didn't look as "baby or powder blue" as I thought based on some of the photos. It is a color I would consider after seeing the paint sample. That said, I'm leaning toward the green at this point. Wait, the. blue, wait,....never mind. Obviously, lots of thinking still to do.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I actually moved to Dallas, TX since ordering the car. I visited the Dallas dealer last week and they do have the color discs and interior samples there. They were good to see in person, but I think the configurator is more helpful, as you can actually see the color on the car even if not 100% precise. After lamenting over this for months, I think all the colors could look great and its really personal taste. The one comment I will make is that the Blue, didn't look as "baby or powder blue" as I thought based on some of the photos. It is a color I would consider after seeing the paint sample. That said, I'm leaning toward the green at this point. Wait, the. blue, wait,....never mind. Obviously, lots of thinking still to do.
Welcome to Dallas!

Ronin

Reaction score

What did the reviews say if you don't mind me asking?

OP
J

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
What did the reviews say if you don't mind me asking?
Nothing specific, I was just underwhelmed by the original reviews. It wasn't that they said anything negative about the car, it was just that they didn't really say anything specific. Basically, the forum (and I agree) have determined that this was a "preview" of the car and not a "review" given what was said, and not.

Wargishan

Reaction score
I also placed a deposit with the dealership in Las Vegas, but unfortunately was a few places too far down the list for one of the first 14 cars they are getting. I was wondering if they mentioned any ADM when they took your order? I'll be looking at one of the first few V6 base Emiras next year and want to know if they try to add on a markup or not, as they mentioned that they would try not to, but didn't have anything set in stone at the time I placed my deposit last July.

OP
J

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I also placed a deposit with the dealership in Las Vegas, but unfortunately was a few places too far down the list for one of the first 14 cars they are getting. I was wondering if they mentioned any ADM when they took your order? I'll be looking at one of the first few V6 base Emiras next year and want to know if they try to add on a markup or not, as they mentioned that they would try not to, but didn't have anything set in stone at the time I placed my deposit last July.
When I placed my deposit originally, I had a signed agreement on my deposit that stated that they could not mark up the car. Not sure if they are doing so with others, but I suspect not.

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Because of the month delay in production/deliveries does this mean USA May orders won't be placed till June?
Has anybody been contacted by there dealer to place final spec's for May?

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Because of the month delay in production/deliveries does this mean USA May orders won't be placed till June?
Has anybody been contacted by there dealer to place final spec's for May?
Apparently May orders are still being taken!

45 minute's after posting this question my dealer called. Order needs to be in by close of business May 16th.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Apparently May orders are still being taken!

45 minute's after posting this question my dealer called. Order needs to be in by close of business May 16th.
When did your deposit go in?

Axios

Reaction score
Come join the lotus owners of Texas on Facebook. We just had a gathering/drive last weekend (Houston + Austin + me from DFW) and had about 20 cars cruising. Looking forward to see your car in person! I just dropped my deposit today but not in a rush. Got too many cars right now I'm working on lol