So the Top Gear vid review isn't the Chris Harris one... but...

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The black pack white car that Top Gear has been filming with for the TopGear show is a different car entirely from the one just reviewed by Top Gear magazine. Everything remains to be seen. It could even be a more production-equivalent spec.

See here... the film crew can be seen along with their vehicle-mounted filming rig:
1646760343297.png

Obviously this is a completely different car from the white VP one they used for the TG magazine and video review released today, the Autocar/C&D review released today, etc.

I'm curious about when they will be releasing the full review of the above car. Still no release schedule for the new TG show series.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Nice spot didn't even really register. Be great (and would make sense) if the TopGear show had the first production car for review 👌

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’m sorry but I disagree.

If true it would mean they had a production car ready for reviews but instead, because of a deal with Top Gear, chose to hold that back and send out prototype cars.

As a paying customer ordering a car blind without any concrete reviews, I’d be quite offended by this….if true.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice find! Hopefully Harris gets a production version with the sport chassis to tear up the track with. These videos have a lot of production value and take time to create and edit. Maybe the ones we're watching today with the proto were filmed a month or so ago.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nice find! Hopefully Harris gets a production version with the sport chassis to tear up the track with. These videos have a lot of production value and take time to create and edit. Maybe the ones we're watching today with the proto were filmed a month or so ago.
They were filmed on the 7th of Feb. Watch when the presenter uses Apple Play, the calendar app icon has 7 on it.

This may be borderline obsessive attention to detail.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I’m sorry but I disagree.

If true it would mean they had a production car ready for reviews but instead, because of a deal with Top Gear, chose to hold that back and send out prototype cars.

As a paying customer ordering a car blind without any concrete reviews, I’d be quite offended by this….if true.
Be part of a timeline of promotion if true

ARA

Reaction score
I hope this is not a produciton car if that is what looks to me to be an inconsistent panel gap on the bonnet...
See the gap on the left side is much smaller than the gap to the right.

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I hope this is not a produciton car if that is what looks to me to be an inconsistent panel gap on the bonnet...
See the gap on the left side is much smaller than the gap to the right.
you are all guessing, and it is interesting to see the footage posted today. There is no way TG would put out a prime time tv programme with a prototype car on mainstream telly unless it's a number of full production cars, always have a nice one or two in the background.

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
you are all guessing, and it is interesting to see the footage posted today. There is no way TG would put out a prime time tv programme with a prototype car on mainstream telly unless it's a number of full production cars, always have a nice one or two in the background.
anyway if you have one ready to be delivered to your house in a few months, I don't care, I cannot wait to see how mine is going to arrive!!

OP
Porter

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm not sure what you mean. The video review released today was from Top Gear Magazine, not from the Top Gear show. Different staff, production teams, etc.

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm not sure what you mean. The video review released today was from Top Gear Magazine, not from the Top Gear show. Different staff, production teams, etc.
the reality is what you get is what you bought into from early days, either a lotus person or not either way how may people will be able to say they have one of the first in the world, good bad or indifferent?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
They were filmed on the 7th of Feb. Watch when the presenter uses Apple Play, the calendar app icon has 7 on it.

This may be borderline obsessive attention to detail.

So you're saying I'm right! If these were filmed a month ago and Harris shared a photo last week of the white Emira with upper black pack, we might get his video in ~3 weeks (assuming the same production time). Though these others may have been ready earlier and they just had to wait for the embargo to be lifted.

Last edited:

DrNio13

Reaction score
anyone heard any news about improving the door "closing mechanism"? after rewatching the review from Top Gear at around 15:29, you can see the door not closing "softly" and the sound is not what you would expect from a production car. it is the same with the Seneca blue demo car, but i didn't bother too much about it because that didn't even have an engine or good seats in it.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
anyone heard any news about improving the door "closing mechanism"? after rewatching the review from Top Gear at around 15:29, you can see the door not closing "softly" and the sound is not what you would expect from a production car. it is the same with the Seneca blue demo car, but i didn't bother too much about it because that didn't even have an engine or good seats in it.

They're both protos.. I wouldn't look too much into it just yet.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The filming at Hethel (TG and others) was about 3 weeks ago - some reviewers mention Storm Eunice which was 18 Feb. The Anglesey filming, which the Chris Harris pic is from, was about 2 weeks ago. I guess we may be seeing a TG TV review around 27 March but still no schedule published.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The filming at Hethel (TG and others) was about 3 weeks ago - some reviewers mention Storm Eunice which was 18 Feb. The Anglesey filming, which the Chris Harris pic is from, was about 2 weeks ago. I guess we may be seeing a TG TV review around 27 March but still no schedule published.
if you look closely when he synced his phone with Apple CarPlay, the calendar widget indicates it's the 7th, probably 7th of Feb.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
So wonder if Chris H will be driving a later prototype (only one week between productions) or a miraculous production version that is somehow better then the verification prototype they gave the other reviewers a week earlier.