• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Just got email saying configure now to get car earlier than expected…

Reaction score
Thanks. I’ve managed to get it working on the wife’s PC. Turns out patience was a prerequisite as it took 3 minutes to load 👍

Bristol Emira

Reaction score
I had same email and submitted my confirmation and build same day email came through.

Just checked My Lotus page and its showing as in production. Still no estimate though just saying "in production".

Coming a bit sooner than expected need to crack on and clear out garage and set Range Rover now.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wonder how quickly they can switch the chassis production from LHD to RHD? Or if they have a stock of RHD to crack on with.
Most of the parts are probably the same. Cars designed from the ground up to be built both ways on a common assembly line typically have a modular dash structure that can be reversed. The one exception obviously being the dash skin itself, and the reversed center console buttons for volume and drive mode.

Wolsten

Reaction score
My hunch is they were expecting to switch production to focus on builds for the US around now but have been caught out by delays in gaining US approvals. US dealers have advised extra delays to customers in the last few weeks, along with a second batch of V6 FEs to be made available before Base Editions.

So instead of building US cars to sit at a port for 6 months, I reckon they've switched priorities to UK cars for the next 4-6 months, in effect bringing forward 100s of UK builds.

They'll make more revenue and profit on those than on 100s of US cars sat at a port not delivered to customers and hence balances not paid.

That sounds like a reasonable assumption. Let's hope you are right!