• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Jethro addresses 'the review'

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere. Just catching up with my EVO reading and saw Jethro addresses the claims of Porsche bias and corruption!
I think he just called YOU 👊 a nutter
😅
20220703_102908.jpg
20220703_102847.jpg
20220703_102854.jpg

Last edited:
Car reviews are generally pointless crap in my experience

I’m always drawn to cars reviewers say are flawed, but I love

z4M coupe, Aston vantage, Nissan 350z

Reviewers would turn their nose up…. I would just grin from ear to ear each time I drove em
You are on the money with that one, sterile perfection is admirable but does not make for a long and rewarding relationship!

I have a 2009 4.7 manual vantage which i've had for 8 years which I adore but it will have to go to help fund the emira. The body control is poor compared to my 2004 996 C4S (which has now done 152k miles!) but god I love that Aston, love being in it, love driving it and enjoy working around it's slightly too soft suspension when hooning it on twisty A roads, even though it has the optional sports pack.

You are on the money with that one, sterile perfection is admirable but does not make for a long and rewarding relationship!

I have a 2009 4.7 manual vantage which i've had for 8 years which I adore but it will have to go to help fund the emira. The body control is poor compared to my 2004 996 C4S (which has now done 152k miles!) but god I love that Aston, love being in it, love driving it and enjoy working around it's slightly too soft suspension when hooning it on twisty A roads, even though it has the optional sports pack.
It's the sense of occasion that the Aston has over the Porsche. The feeling of being in something that makes you smile. For me the Emira has this in spades.

Reactions: ADC
I’d like to point out that while 99% of us are not pro drivers, that doesn’t mean automakers shouldn’t make the best cars they can make. Heck, a Cayman GTS or GT4 is much more capable than what most of us can do, but they still make them that way, and we still love them. So I don’t want to hear that we should be looking for lower standards vs pros because if so, we should all be driving GTI’s since it is more than capable.
I'd like to point out that it's good you don't want to hear something nobody said. Auto makers should make the best cars they can for their design target, and the price point they're aiming at. People should have realistic expectations as to what they're buying, what it can do, and what they can do with it.

And the not so great gear shift. Plus mine used to very occasionally conk out for no reason losing all power which was quite hairy !

But it was an all encompassing place to be and such an engaging drive. I had mine for 7 years and got rid last year, thinking a Macan GTS would be have enough power and usability that I wouldnt need a sports car. Another schoolboy error!

I nearly swapped for a 991 GTS but it was disappointing in comparison… especially the engine against the sound of the Aston v8. Emira engine sound worries me a little!

And the not so great gear shift. Plus mine used to very occasionally conk out for no reason losing all power which was quite hairy !

But it was an all encompassing place to be and such an engaging drive. I had mine for 7 years and got rid last year, thinking a Macan GTS would be have enough power and usability that I wouldnt need a sports car. Another schoolboy error!

I nearly swapped for a 991 GTS but it was disappointing in comparison… especially the engine against the sound of the Aston v8. Emira engine sound worries me a little!
Yes, such a nice place to be, puts a smile on your face at any speed! Mine occasionally conks out approaching a junction, a bit like the idle is set too low, more likely an engine management issue.

Emira V6 sounds stonking, I've heard it inside the cabin, hard and urgent. Ok it's not an Aston V8, but what else is?

Wow! You must be recently retired or extremely bored. Do you intend to read every old thread? Asking for a friend😉
LOL, the latter, I don't make friends over the internet, almost ran into a serial killer once and you know they are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet online o_O :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
It's handy to have this thread resurrected. It reminded me I had some interesting follow-on news: EVO have been booked to have use of a Sport + Cup2s Emira for the promised follow-on track test. I suspect a certain Mr Kershaw may be involved in setting the car up :)

Not sure of timing but keep an eye on the EVO channel on YouTube. They'll probably pick a test day when it's snowing...

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere. Just catching up with my EVO reading and saw Jethro addresses the claims of Porsche bias and corruption!
I think he just called YOU 👊 a nutter
😅View attachment 7179View attachment 7180View attachment 7181
I can't put my finger on exactly why I don't like this guy and his review. It's not that he is incorrect but he takes kind of a "Pete Davidson" snarky approach to his review and counter. Call me a nutter but if you are a true "connoisseur" of English sports cars you will know that some quirks come with the car. Part of the mystique...:)

I don’t appreciate his wording to be honest.

If Porsche or any other car fans say this; they are enthusiasts or purists.

If Lotus fans do it; we’re lunatics?
😂 we must all be lunatics for putting up with what Lotus dishes out to us
But I’m perfectly fine being a lunatic, nutter and a cult member.
Can’t wait to get my Emira soooon
Maybe we should start a new thread
“Who is the top lunatic and why “
🤣🤣🤣

Just a reminder, political posts/comments will be removed.

As I've mentioned before, there are plenty of places on the internet to discuss and debate politics. However, this forum will not be one of them.