Japan - Shipping and Delivery (輸送中エミーラ目撃情報)

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for great 👍 information ‘forest’

Exactly as I have anticipated and hinted. But it is great to get this confirmed by someone who seems to have ‘inside information’.

Would be cool to know what those ‘parts’ are (I guess they have to do with catalyzer and silencer), but I will not push my luck 🍀🤣
I was told by the sales person that the exhaust system will remain the same.
However, that person is not in charge of actual approval, so it will not be confirmed until the car is delivered.
As far as I was told, the SOS button is to be changed to a dummy one and there are other things, but I did not know the details.
Also, the instruction manual was still in English, so it may need to be translated.

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Japan regulations for noise and emissions seems much more relaxed than other parts of the world (California, for example) so I don't expect any changes required from the "global car". My guess on the "changes" are disabling the SOS button, front and rear number plate brackets, and required labels/stickers showing proof of approvals. May also include basic location/language settings on the dash.

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So far there have been sightings at Daikoku on Apr. 5 then May 5. Still too early to tell if it is a regular monthly shipment, but looking forward to dropping by the docks in early Jun.

うーん、6月の最初の週末に見に行ったのでは早すぎるかな?せめて船名が分かれば...

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No Emiras this week.
PXL_20230513_064821874.jpg

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A Seneca was spotted in Tokyo, where 246 street meets Icho-namiki. (いわゆる外苑)

It seems the number isn’t the temp number.
Maybe, soon. 😎

Last edited:

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A Seneca was spotted in Tokyo, where 246 street meets Icho-namiki. (いわゆる外苑)

It seems the number isn’t the temp number.
Maybe, soon. 😎
Did anyone hear the exhaust note? 🎵

JamesW

Reaction score
Dealer just told me that my June delivery is again delayed to August …

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Dealer just told me that my June delivery is again delayed to August …
Sorry to hear that. 🥺
Do you know your order number in whole orders?

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
LCI should have solution to this problem at least one and half year ago… damn.
My car (#200) will not be coming in this year, I think!!

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They are saying it’s about that SOS panel , they need to make the changes but don’t have the parts
This "required modification" doesn't make any sense. The switches aren't connected to anything, so why not just leave it as-is? I would have liked to repurpose it.

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This "required modification" doesn't make any sense. The switches aren't connected to anything, so why not just leave it as-is? I would have liked to repurpose it.
Vehicle emergency call systems are already mandatory in Europe and standardized in Japan under UN-R144.
In Japan, the system is not mandatory, but if the vehicle is equipped with the system, the button itself must be eliminated because the system must meet requirements such as automatically alerting the driver in case of an accident and allowing voice communication.
Perhaps removing the switch would cause an error on the computer.

Perhaps the dummy switch was originally supposed to be ready at the end of May, but it did not work, or maybe it was not ready in time.

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Vehicle emergency call systems are already mandatory in Europe and standardized in Japan under UN-R144.
In Japan, the system is not mandatory, but if the vehicle is equipped with the system, the button itself must be eliminated because the system must meet requirements such as automatically alerting the driver in case of an accident and allowing voice communication.

Looking at UN-R144, I see no mention of a requirement to remove the SOS switch if E-call / UN-R144 functionality is not available in the vehicle. Perhaps there is a mandate stated somewhere else stating the removalof the SOS switch in this case, and Lotus made the same (incorrect) assumption that I did. In this case, a "blank" key top would be all that is needed with no modifications to the wiring, so still can't understand the reason for the delay...

UN-R144 を見る限り、車両緊急通報システムが無い車両において SOS ボタンがあってはならない、という記述は見当たりません。どこか別のところにその記載があって、ロータスがそれを見落としていたために今頃になって対応しているのだとしたら納得できます。でもその場合、”SOS" と記載されたスイッチの表面部分を交換するだけでいいような気もしますが...

Ref: UN-R144 ( https://www.mlit.go.jp/common/001225566.pdf )

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It does have the number! So, why others don’t?
Perhaps they just ripped the SOS button off for a few cars? At least we are seeing a street legal car now. The countdown continues...

Until I saw the top half of the rear plate, I was thinking tempura :D