Japan - Shipping and Delivery (輸送中エミーラ目撃情報)

JamesW

Reaction score
Just went to Harajuku show room today
The Seneca blue is stunning in real life !

However the paint quality is appalling, the orange peal is very obvious , dealer said they will polish the car before delivery, if the end result is still not good, repaint is an option.

Good news is they are fixing all the issues that have been already identified like seatbelt, rain wipers, etc before delivery hence the delay.

The engine sounds amazing ! Especially in sports mode, to get the pops from exhaust.

Interior is very good not cheap!

Boots size is pretty good, and they added the triangle thing in the boot as per Japan law, which take up a little space.

The edge of the boot is bit lose and squeak if you shake it a bit

There is a a large gap/ space in where you pump petro, which will be a dust collector in the future

Overall the car is amazing! Even with the paint issue, the car is too beautiful, make you forgive everything

Attachments

• IMG_5471.jpeg
    IMG_5471.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5473.jpeg
    IMG_5473.jpeg
    291.6 KB · Views: 44

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wow! In this heavy rain? Hope you won’t get cold😂

Seneca looks beautiful at the showroom!
I saw one not so bright and brilliant in the dealer, Tokorozawa. Maybe I made a mistake!!
IMG_1972.jpegIMG_1975.jpeg

Also thank you for your update. If cars are perfect, we can wait a bit LITTLE TINY more…

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Boots size is pretty good, and they added the triangle thing in the boot as per Japan law, which take up a little space.

What are the boots you are talking about here?
Do you have a picture or something?

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I mean the boot space or trunk space?
weather strip?

ブーツとはウェザーストリップの事を指していますか?
the triangle thing は三角表示板?でも日本では三角表示板を持っている義務はないから違う?
発煙筒は無ければ車検に通りませんが・・・。

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
weather strip?

発煙筒は無ければ車検に通りませんが・・・。
I think it was just a typo, and @JamesW meant "boot". The triangle thing is not "required" but "has to be used" on emergency situations on highways, so it is sort of implied. I am considering buying the purple LED thing instead, but since the EMIRA is made of plastic, there is no surface for the magnet mount to stick on...

ただの入力ミスだと思いますよ。トランクの大きさのこと。三角表示板の携行は義務ではありませんが、高速道路にて非常停止する際にはその使用は義務だったと思います。車を売る側には装備する義務はないので、国産車にはついてこないですね。私はエーモンの紫 LED のやつを積もうかなと考えています。磁石がくっつく場所がないけれど。

JamesW

Reaction score
weather strip?

発煙筒は無ければ車検に通りませんが・・・。
後ろのトランクスペースのことです!そこそこ大きいですが、三角表示板は入ってます、

高速上止まった場合三角表示板の表示義務があります、発煙筒と違って持ってなくても車検が通るのはずです。

親切だからデフォルトでついてくれたじゃないですかね 笑

JamesW

Reaction score
Wow! In this heavy rain? Hope you won’t get cold😂

Seneca looks beautiful at the showroom!
I saw one not so bright and brilliant in the dealer, Tokorozawa. Maybe I made a mistake!!
View attachment 27314View attachment 27315

Also thank you for your update. If cars are perfect, we can wait a bit LITTLE TINY more…
Yeah I think apart from the paint job, everything else is pretty good! So worth the wait and hope the dealer can do something about the paint

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What are the boots you are talking about here?
Do you have a picture or something?
Maybe rain-boots⁉️🤣🤣🤣
Honestly, I think we’re talking about the luggage compartment at the rear❣️

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
2023-06-05 (mon) 07:15-15:50 JST the "TONSBERG" will dock at Daikoku pier T2 and unload shipments thought to be from Southampton. Not necessarily EMIRAs, most likely other UK cars like Range Rovers and Minis.

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1685950525267.png

It seems the TONSBERG hasn't left Daikoku yet. Perhaps problems unloading British cars that wouldn't start? :rolleyes:

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
LOTUS TOKYO HARAJUKU AT NIGHT

Attachments

• IMG_6983.jpeg
    IMG_6983.jpeg
    270.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6984.jpeg
    IMG_6984.jpeg
    348.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6986.jpeg
    IMG_6986.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6988.jpeg
    IMG_6988.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_6989.jpeg
    IMG_6989.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 55

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
View attachment 27523
It seems the TONSBERG hasn't left Daikoku yet. Perhaps problems unloading British cars that wouldn't start? :rolleyes:
Not that it matters for our purposes, but the MV TØNSBERG ship is owned by Walenius Wilhelmsen, a very old and major Norwegian shipowner company and “flagged” to Malta. The ship is the largest of its kind (roll-on/roll-off) and it was built by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries in Nagasaki,
Japan. Its name comes from the southern Norwegian city Tønsberg (sometimes written in English as Toensberg). It is very likely that this ship will be ferrying more Emira cars from England to Japan as time goes by. 🇨🇯🇵🇰🇲🇹🇬🇧🇳🇴

Last edited:

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

However the paint quality is appalling, the orange peal is very obvious , dealer said they will polish the car before delivery, if the end result is still not good, repaint is an option.

Good news is they are fixing all the issues that have been already identified like seatbelt, rain wipers, etc before delivery hence the delay.

The engine sounds amazing ! Especially in sports mode, to get the pops from exhaust.

Interior is very good not cheap!

The edge of the boot is bit lose and squeak if you shake it a bit

There is a a large gap/ space in where you pump petro, which will be a dust collector in the future

Overall the car is amazing! Even with the paint issue, the car is too beautiful, make you forgive everything
I had a chance to carefully study the same Seneca Blue Emira at the Lotus Harajuku showroom today. In my opinion, unless you scrutinize the paint in detail at close range under extremely good lighting (that this showroom indeed has got); to me the paint in general looks quite beautiful and pleasant, and I would personally accept it as it is, although I have actually chosen the Dark Verdant for my own car. However, I do get your point regarding “orange peel” if examined critically;-)

JamesW

Reaction score
I had a chance to carefully study the same Seneca Blue Emira at the Lotus Harajuku showroom today. In my opinion, unless you scrutinize the paint in detail at close range under extremely good lighting (that this showroom indeed has got); to me the paint in general looks quite beautiful and pleasant, and I would personally accept it as it is, although I have actually chosen the Dark Verdant for my own car. However, I do get your point regarding “orange peel” if examined critically;-)
Yeah, good point, the showroom lighting does emphasises the orange peel issue, the reflection on the car is pixelated rather than a smooth line .

Hope it will be less obvious in normal lighting condition

That sill will be the major exam point when I receive my car

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think I can see why it’s having to travel by ship - there’s an important bit missing! Or perhaps that “fragile aircraft part” has already broken?

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nope. These don't look like EMIRAs.
PXL_20230624_065755707.jpg

Niether do these.
PXL_20230624_065732387.jpg

• Face Palm