Votes: 8 25.8%
  • It would be if it had more power

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • It would be if it was more expensive

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • It blurs the line between sports car and supercar

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
IMO it has Supercar looks but will never compete with a new Ferrari or Lamborghini etc, in performance or looks.
Maybe LOTUS could fill the gap between the Emira & Evija? Emija Hybrid?

Last edited:
Not fast enough. It's a sports car with a supercar look
it all depends on what defines “fast enough” to be a super car? That line will keep on moving, especially with EV hatchbacks doing 0-60mph under 3sec soon….

it all depends on what defines “fast enough” to be a super car? That line will keep on moving, especially with EV hatchbacks doing 0-60mph under 3sec soon….
It’s always a moving target. After all this car is way faster than the fastest cars when I was a kid.
Has to be “impressive fast” to be a super car for me and in 2021 mid to low 4 seconds is not.

I agree on this. What is “fast enough,” exactly? 10 years ago, a 0-60 under 4 seconds would have easily qualified as a supercar. It seems like at least one of the Emira configurations will be that fast.

I agree on this. What is “fast enough,” exactly? 10 years ago, a 0-60 under 4 seconds would have easily qualified as a supercar. It seems like at least one of the Emira configurations will be that fast.
If it’s not delivering a sub 4 second acceleration for the V6 it will make that cat a pretty Audi TT. Lotus is playing Russian roulette rather than delivering a car in the same ball park and acceleration times as a Chevy Corvette. Especially when they keep saying the US is their biggest market at 35% of sales.

A stunning car with great handling but sub standard acceleration won’t sell the way they intend too, after the initial first year hype dies out.

If it’s not delivering a sub 4 second acceleration for the V6 it will make that cat a pretty Audi TT. Lotus is playing Russian roulette rather than delivering a car in the same ball park and acceleration times as a Chevy Corvette. Especially when they keep saying the US is their biggest market at 35% of sales.

A stunning car with great handling but sub standard acceleration won’t sell the way they intend too, after the initial first year hype dies out.
I think the faster model will see 4.0 sec 0-60 times, and real world times just below that. Lotus isn’t stupid, and they know people will be looking at cars like the GT4 and the M2C and comparing them.

I fully expect Emira models down the road to be quicker, too.

I think the faster model will see 4.0 sec 0-60 times, and real world times just below that. Lotus isn’t stupid, and they know people will be looking at cars like the GT4 and the M2C and comparing them.

I fully expect Emira models down the road to be quicker, too.
I truly hope so mate. I have huge holes for Lotus now with money under their belt per say to be able to achieve their strategy and sales upturn.

Maybe they have kept power figures under wraps to see market movements. Especially now that Porsche is turning up the heart with a 500hp animal GT4 RS. I would love to see a tasty Lotus Emira with 500hp track weapon in future.

It is not a super car thankfully. Super cars have become largely irrelevant in my opinion, and the Emira is hopefully going to be a proper useable road car.
A Super Car, what an evocative term. I believe it was first coined for the Lamborghini Muira of 1967 vintage.

Top Speed :​
277 km/h or 172 Mph
Acceleration 0 to 60 mph (0 to 96 Km/h) :​
6.70 s

In today's terms these figures are very pedestrian. Indeed perhaps no longer meriting Super Car status. The roads were worse back then but there were also many fewer cars on the road. The above figures are for the P400 Muira, which was, I believe latter in the cars life. Interesting how times change.

I am firmly in the camp modern cars are more than fast enough for my own good . On public roads a 0-60 mph in six seconds along with a top speed of 100mph/160kmph is enough on our crowded and poorly maintained roads. Faster cars for ownership on the track, then I have no problem, fill your boots.
I live in Canada and these limits are more than enough for me to loose my liscence. The Emira looks to be just close enough to, and just on the wrong side of the above opinion for me to do a Fauci and lie boldly while I place a deposit for one, hmm let me see, V6, IL4, Manual, DCT, Blue, Grey, Yellow, Green, Red, leather, Alcantara, ohh the choices, choices to be made.