Interior pictures of alcantara and yellow stitching (Seneca Blue show car)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I had a request for some alcantara + yellow stitching pictures so thought I'd start a thread. These are all from the Seneca Blue show car and taken at Goodwood or UK dealer tour last year. Feel free to add more.

Bear in mind the seats in this car are non-production and the whole car has been hand-built. The design intent is accurate, so things like materials, colours and design are close to production.

Cabin
IMG_7673.JPG

Passenger side dashboard
IMG_7672.JPG

Instrument binnacle
IMG_7669.JPG

Steering wheel and primary instruments
IMG_7583.JPG

Headlining and visors
IMG_7597.JPG

Door and details
IMG_7592.JPG

IMG_7630.JPG

IMG_7629.JPG

Rear luggage space
IMG_7626.JPG

IMG_7624.JPG

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for sharing these Tom. After driving a Ferrari 458 with the paddle shifters, its making me rethink going with the 6spd. The paddle shifters were fantastic and felt great. Is this automatic transmission a DCT?

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing these Tom. After driving a Ferrari 458 with the paddle shifters, its making me rethink going with the 6spd. The paddle shifters were fantastic and felt great. Is this automatic transmission a DCT?
Don't you think it makes driving too easy though?? I was out today in my M3 cab with paddles and it's so easy but yet so removed from the analogue feeling.

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The automatic is not a DCT

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The car in my pictures has the i4 DCT interior, so the stick is D-N-R-P selection and there are the paddles on the steering wheel.

The V6 auto is a torque convertor and has buttons rather than a stick for DNRP. That also has paddles on the steering wheel, as you can take it out of full auto mode and control the shifting yourself.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Don't you think it makes driving too easy though?? I was out today in my M3 cab with paddles and it's so easy but yet so removed from the analogue feeling.
I had a 335I with paddle shifters and they were garbage. The Ferrari on the other hand....wow. You dont feel so disconnected, and the shifts are instantaneous its incredible. But I do own 3 vehicles that are 6 speeds, so I am in the manual transmission club, but was intrigued by the DCT 7 spd Ferrari Transmission.

G

Guest142

The car in my pictures has the i4 DCT interior, so the stick is D-N-R-P selection and there are the paddles on the steering wheel.

The V6 auto is a torque convertor and has buttons rather than a stick for DNRP. That also has paddles on the steering wheel, as you can take it out of full auto mode and control the shifting yourself.
I did not know this. I assumed the V6 Auto had the same stick as pictured here. Are the D-N-R-P buttons designed the same as the Evora GT?? Or did Lotus do a new design??

Globalpilot777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I did not know this. I assumed the V6 Auto had the same stick as pictured here. Are the D-N-R-P buttons designed the same as the Evora GT?? Or did Lotus do a new design??
Dont think this is true.. it’s the same stick as the i4… maybe ‘unicorn auto v6’ in spain can confirm.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
CONFIRMED, same stick as i4

Push Forward for R
Pull for D
Pull left for downshift and right for upshift.
The only button is for P
Once you push once right or left while driving, it will go into full Manual, and then you change gear with the paddles and stays in Manual.
IMG_4717.jpeg

R1272

Emira Fan
Reaction score
First time I'm seeing the 3 lines in the alcantara seats.

Attachments

• IMG_7589.jpeg
    IMG_7589.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 83

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
First time I'm seeing the 3 lines in the alcantara seats.
The alcantara backrest stripes (or perforations) were on pre-production vehicles. Notice that the seat headrest is flat - dead giveaway. The three backrest stripes then disappeared for production alcantara seats (but appeared on leather seats!). Another Lotus foible. 🤷‍♂️

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
CONFIRMED, same stick as i4

Push Forward for R
Pull for D
Pull left for downshift and right for upshift.
The only button is for P
Once you push once right or left while driving, it will go into full Manual, and then you change gear with the paddles and stays in Manual.
View attachment 24901
I would find it weird to "manually" change gears by moving the lever left or right. Thankfully there are paddle shifts making this "feature" redundant.

This is not intuitive at all and is a step backward from move lever left/right into "manual/auto" mode then push "up/down" to change gears.

Last edited:

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I would find it weird to "manually" change gears by moving the lever left or right. Thankfully there are paddle shifts making this "feature" redundant.

This is not intuitive at all and is a step backward from move lever left/right into "manual/auto" mode then push "up/down" to change gears.
I only use the lever (compulsory of course) for Drive and Reverse front and back.
After that I click once right or left to go full manual an that's it. Very simple.

If you wanted to change gears with the lever, it's not up/down, it's still right/left

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I only use the lever (compulsory of course) for Drive and Reverse front and back.
After that I click once right or left to go full manual an that's it. Very simple.

If you wanted to change gears with the lever, it's not up/down, it's still right/left
From mnual how do you get back to auto? Pulling the lever in D?