Information update

94037034-7E6C-4179-AB76-E1C6929CAAB4.jpeg
So ahead of the information update that is coming next week I was invited down to Hethel to be part of a small panel discussing new and existing questions.

Here's the headlines of what was learned:

Seen all the colours
Seats are going to be great
Finishes are superb
V6 sounds fantastic
Fancy new configurator coming very soon.

Obviously no picture taking allowed in the factory so these were just the ones I could / wanted to take on the day. Plus some renders that represent well the actual colours.

Starting with the hot potato the colours: Seen two cars in Dark verdant (my spec colour) Which IS dark but super classy and is going to be great. But even stood next to it in the factory from one angle green, from another almost black. Which is fine by me but I know many have issue with that. It's pretty exact in the image I’ve posted here of the 3 angles.

Magma red: Is not bright red (although they did have an almost Ferrari red one in the factory which looked cool) The renders I’ve posted with this is pretty spot on to what it looks like.

There was an actual silver car driving round the grounds of the factory which looked off the scale good! Silver with Silver forged wheels. They said they didn’t think it was nimbus grey (it was very close) but it looked sooooo good.

All other colours you have already seen and they look as expected.

Something that made me laugh was that they now have a production ready finished car which will be the first car going out to press. And the first guys to drive it will be on Top Gear. Guess what colour it is?……..White. Ha just brilliant. The first one out there and not in a launch colour. I think what they might have done is pay homage to the first Esprit. The famous story of the PR guy from Lotus Parking a pre production Esprit in the allocated parking spaces outside the main entrance at Pinewood studios so Cubby Broccoli would see it and want it in the Bond film. And the Spy Who Loved me white Esprit rocketed Lotus in to iconic status.

I saw the white one still with a few bits of wrapping on it parked outside and it looked great. In the factory there are all sorts of test colours, black (amazing) flat grey (amazing) dark metallic blue and then many, many flat blue mules. ALL of the cars you have seen in any factory pictures are verification prototypes. Customer production hasn’t started yet. They have screens all round the factory with a digital countdown. Counting down the days till production starts. 45 days, 6 hours, 25 minutes and 32, 31, 30 seconds. Pretty damn cool.

Next seats: There are many VP seats in the factory. And they are MUCH MUCH better than the show car seat. Much deeper, much more supportive and look much more sportier. And they were just production mules. So the fished ones will look great. The hard shell back looks great. Even with coat hooks on the back ;)

There were also a few dashboards hanging round ready to go in cars. And the finish was superb. I think the dashes are made in Germany. The leather on the tops, stitching and finish of all the vents and buttons was really very good.

Spoke to the Head of dynamic testing and he did a few laps in one of the bright Emira liveried dynamic testing cars. V6 auto. And it was fast and loud and everything you’d expect from a Lotus.

The key has been designed in house. So although it will obviously have Geely innards the casing will be Lotus specific so hopefully it will be a nice thing.

There is a brand new configurator coming soon (next week?) and it will allow you to change the background from studio to natural settings and light so light will change etc. And the ability to watch a video of your spec driving down the Big Sur in California. So looking forward to seeing that.

Think that’s it but if you have any questions let me know I might know it or can find out.

Attachments

• 927FEB1E-511A-4BE3-9F70-0C1E5FA9490B.jpeg
    927FEB1E-511A-4BE3-9F70-0C1E5FA9490B.jpeg
    367.2 KB · Views: 303
  • 115B0C0C-2C56-4A47-99FA-A37FDF319B36.jpeg
    115B0C0C-2C56-4A47-99FA-A37FDF319B36.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 330
  • 97504D2E-F99E-49CA-8990-A012EBC71FFC.jpeg
    97504D2E-F99E-49CA-8990-A012EBC71FFC.jpeg
    334.2 KB · Views: 326
  • B03752FA-9DF5-44E8-88A5-61D88B524306.jpeg
    B03752FA-9DF5-44E8-88A5-61D88B524306.jpeg
    339.6 KB · Views: 319
  • F6D8B78C-BD62-42D4-8376-F93E383FC1C6.jpeg
    F6D8B78C-BD62-42D4-8376-F93E383FC1C6.jpeg
    338.6 KB · Views: 281
  • 9BE7D3CB-E1A0-42C1-A19E-EB3B6FC5B9DE.jpeg
    9BE7D3CB-E1A0-42C1-A19E-EB3B6FC5B9DE.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 305
  • 50E76B79-62ED-41F2-9F24-7FD5EAD0FF04.jpeg
    50E76B79-62ED-41F2-9F24-7FD5EAD0FF04.jpeg
    482.8 KB · Views: 439
  • 497961F6-149C-478F-975C-3FB070AECA49.jpeg
    497961F6-149C-478F-975C-3FB070AECA49.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 493
  • DE58370A-5DB3-40C3-BBB3-DDA7985AABC8.png
    DE58370A-5DB3-40C3-BBB3-DDA7985AABC8.png
    413.1 KB · Views: 496

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for the update - just what we needed to close out the week! Sounds like an awesome visit. Glad to have a first-hand assessment of the colors. That Magma Red render is my exact spec (except w/ black alacantra/red stitch seats), so happy to have some confirmation of its color accuracy.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Have they updated the Lotus bonnet badge and first edition side badges? I understand that both were only preproduction prototypes and the final ones will look better.

Also is the plastic shroud around the engine a bit better fitting and of higher quality?

as7920

Reaction score
...................They have screens all round the factory with a digital countdown. Counting down the days till production starts. 45 days, 6 hours, 25 minutes and 32, 31, 30 seconds. Pretty damn cool............

Monday 7th March?

Great update. Very informative. What an experience.
That green is very dark, too much so for me but the red looks fab. Glad I have time to decided. Changed my mind so many times.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi thanks for the update. Quick one - are the launch colours exclusive to the FE cars or will they form part of the general colour offerings?

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Great update and very exciting. That DV Green render brings it back in play a bit for me (currently Nimbus on the order), I wanted it to be lighter, but it looks so good in that lighting!

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed post! I’ll be waiting with great anticipation the Emira on Top Gear!

OP
U

Ubergreg

Reaction score
Have they updated the Lotus bonnet badge and first edition side badges? I understand that both were only preproduction prototypes and the final ones will look better.

Also is the plastic shroud around the engine a bit better fitting and of higher quality?
Didn’t see any of this as I said all current existing cars (with the exception of the white one) are VP cars. So not finished to that level yet.

OP
U

Ubergreg

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the update. Quick one - are the launch colours exclusive to the FE cars or will they form part of the general colour offerings?
Good question? Don’t know for sure but would imagine they will only be on FE cars as a “special” but I’m sure there will be similar colours in standard range. 🤷🏻‍♂️

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
View attachment 2555So ahead of the information update that is coming next week I was invited down to Hethel to be part of a small panel discussing new and existing questions.

Here's the headlines of what was learned:

Seen all the colours
Seats are going to be great
Finishes are superb
V6 sounds fantastic
Fancy new configurator coming very soon.

Obviously no picture taking allowed in the factory so these were just the ones I could / wanted to take on the day. Plus some renders that represent well the actual colours.

Starting with the hot potato the colours: Seen two cars in Dark verdant (my spec colour) Which IS dark but super classy and is going to be great. But even stood next to it in the factory from one angle green, from another almost black. Which is fine by me but I know many have issue with that. It's pretty exact in the image I’ve posted here of the 3 angles.

Magma red: Is not bright red (although they did have an almost Ferrari red one in the factory which looked cool) The renders I’ve posted with this is pretty spot on to what it looks like.

There was an actual silver car driving round the grounds of the factory which looked off the scale good! Silver with Silver forged wheels. They said they didn’t think it was nimbus grey (it was very close) but it looked sooooo good.

All other colours you have already seen and they look as expected.

Something that made me laugh was that they now have a production ready finished car which will be the first car going out to press. And the first guys to drive it will be on Top Gear. Guess what colour it is?……..White. Ha just brilliant. The first one out there and not in a launch colour. I think what they might have done is pay homage to the first Esprit. The famous story of the PR guy from Lotus Parking a pre production Esprit in the allocated parking spaces outside the main entrance at Pinewood studios so Cubby Broccoli would see it and want it in the Bond film. And the Spy Who Loved me white Esprit rocketed Lotus in to iconic status.

I saw the white one still with a few bits of wrapping on it parked outside and it looked great. In the factory there are all sorts of test colours, black (amazing) flat grey (amazing) dark metallic blue and then many, many flat blue mules. ALL of the cars you have seen in any factory pictures are verification prototypes. Customer production hasn’t started yet. They have screens all round the factory with a digital countdown. Counting down the days till production starts. 45 days, 6 hours, 25 minutes and 32, 31, 30 seconds. Pretty damn cool.

Next seats: There are many VP seats in the factory. And they are MUCH MUCH better than the show car seat. Much deeper, much more supportive and look much more sportier. And they were just production mules. So the fished ones will look great. The hard shell back looks great. Even with coat hooks on the back ;)

There were also a few dashboards hanging round ready to go in cars. And the finish was superb. I think the dashes are made in Germany. The leather on the tops, stitching and finish of all the vents and buttons was really very good.

Spoke to the Head of dynamic testing and he did a few laps in one of the bright Emira liveried dynamic testing cars. V6 auto. And it was fast and loud and everything you’d expect from a Lotus.

The key has been designed in house. So although it will obviously have Geely innards the casing will be Lotus specific so hopefully it will be a nice thing.

There is a brand new configurator coming soon (next week?) and it will allow you to change the background from studio to natural settings and light so light will change etc. And the ability to watch a video of your spec driving down the Big Sur in California. So looking forward to seeing that.

Think that’s it but if you have any questions let me know I might know it or can find out.
HI was a good day, nice to meet you

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, it's nice to get some updates during this dry communication patch.(y)
I'm still struggling between choosing the Yellow and blue. Would love the see the yellow in person to help, worried it's a bit too flat

Did you see/hear any I4's during you visit?

Last edited:

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
On day 198 without any information from Lotus this thread is keeping me happy. Thank you for this.

That DV comment was great to see first thing this glorious Friday morning!
Thank you for making my day.

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
How did you get the invite if you dont mind me asking? Its looks like an epic experience, really special. Your opening writing has renewed my excitement, that and the email pending some fun things to look at from next week too.
Great to hear how impressed you were with the overall factory and quality of what you saw :)

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It was a wonderful day.... so nice to be asked.... most of what we saw has been coverd... I would just like to say thank you to all that made a feel very welcome

Seeing and hearing the car on track was a treat, it sound so much better in person, its was an auto that was taken round, and yes it auto blips on down change

We got to see so much.... yes the seats are looking wonderful, They have spent a lot on money on new test and proving euqipment.... new rolling road, monsoon test chamber.

Its hard to explain, but it seemed to be a happy place.... odd I know but i hope some of you understand

The DC wheels... Will be Matte Grey inside.... just like the demo car

As it been said, a big update is coming..... but more importantly people at Lotus are working hard to improve communication. Get imformation out to every one. But clearly from the video posted yesterday.... some improved checking ? is perhaps needed

Was nice tha Matt wIndle made time to have lunch and a chat with us

When you think about it..... in a very short time Lotus have built a new car.... now building a new production line... and looking from the number of evaluation units they have made already... They are setting them self a very high standar.

They have a computer controlled data rig.... that checks key dimensions on the car as its built, and a rig to check parts are made to spec and fit

We did get to see a dash out the car, finish looked very good, you can clearly see the quality

There is a lot of information coming.... we are right to keep asking for more...I think to help LOTUS to be a world leading company.... improve there customer service as I am sure they want to... But from what my partner and I saw.... they are doing all they can to build a very good car

Last edited: