Heated Seats fault - information please

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just had my 12 month service and they looked at the issue I reported with the heated seat getting very hot after a while. Basically if I put it on setting 2/3 it is exactly right for say 20 or 30 minutes and then gets very hot for a few minutes. It then reverts to the temperature set for a while. while It was in they measured the temperature and can see the variation. Lotus asked them to measure the passenger seat too and this gives a similar result. on setting 1/3 it seems to work fine & give a consistent temperature over time.
Lotus seem to be suggesting as both seats do it then it is a ‘normal feature’ which is obviously nonsense.
Does anyone else get any meaningful temperature variation over time when set to 2/3?
Also interested to know a little more on how the thermostat controls this feature between each seat.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
2nd degree burns on the thighs are normal product behavior, don't you know this? Just a "quirk"! 🤪

JonFuller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just had my 12 month service and they looked at the issue I reported with the heated seat getting very hot after a while. Basically if I put it on setting 2/3 it is exactly right for say 20 or 30 minutes and then gets very hot for a few minutes. It then reverts to the temperature set for a while. while It was in they measured the temperature and can see the variation. Lotus asked them to measure the passenger seat too and this gives a similar result. on setting 1/3 it seems to work fine & give a consistent temperature over time.
Lotus seem to be suggesting as both seats do it then it is a ‘normal feature’ which is obviously nonsense.
Does anyone else get any meaningful temperature variation over time when set to 2/3?
Also interested to know a little more on how the thermostat controls this feature between each seat.
My Transit van has heated seats, they do what you are describing.

My Emira seats vary in temp too. My Audi A4 heated seats are pretty stable temp.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Check to see if this is related to the rear boot serving as a warming tray.